Question for you all...

Old 07-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Question for you all...

I sold a Kyosho inferno GT on ebay (link here)....

I shipped the item to the winner of the auction, he receives the package today and the following talk ensues.

His initial question.
Hi,
Can you please tell me when the radio and receiver will be arriving? They were not in the box with the car.
Thanks.
My reply.
The radio and rx was not included with this auction, as it was not posted in the auction details.
His reply.
You're right! You did not mention that the radio and rx was not included in the deal. That's a pretty big piece of information to leave out don't you think?
My latest reply.
I suppose if I were buying an item and somthing that I thought should be included was not mentioned nor pictured in the listing, I would ask about it specifically.
I do not have the Perfex Radio and RX for this vehicle, as when I purchased the car it did not come with it. If you are needing the stock Perfex radio I may be able to track one down for you. I am sorry about your misunderstanding with the listing.

The Radio and RX was not listed or pictured in the listing...

So my question is this.

Do you think the listing was misleading and the buyer is correct in asking about the radio and rx...
Old 07-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by _Hier_ View Post
Do you think the listing was misleading and the buyer is correct in asking about the radio and rx...
No, you're right. Someone who wants something for nothing.

Last edited by lidebt2; 07-20-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

you are in the right. You shipped exactly what was described and shown in the auction. If the buyer assumed something was included that was not in the description or pictures then that is his fault. He is just trying to get something for nothing.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 197 (100%+)

No radio in the pic so no radio in the sale...... Some people! Good luck!
Old 07-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's buyers like him that have soured me on ebay. Especially since he can now give you a less than perfect ratintg, and according to ebay, will justify them charging you more to list.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

His latest.

When you list things like THE ENGINE RAN GREAT PRIOR TO SHIPPING AND I CANNOT CONTROL WHAT YOU THE BUYER MAY KNOW OR NOT KNOW ABOUT NITRO TUNING, you're telling people the car is ready to run when the get it because it ran just prior to shipping. How can you run this care without the radio and RX? You can't! The RX IS part of the car, it's what controls everything about the car. Why would a person NOT expect it to be included? There was no assumption on my part. Common sense says these things are needed to run the car, test out the car, and control the car. Therefore they should be included.
We can debate this all day, but we're get nowhere. Do you have any solutions to work with me on resolving the problem?

My last response.
If you think every car is sold "READY TO RUN" then you are mistaken. You clearly need a little education in the RC world.
In every aspect of RC there are kits that are sold with out radios, servos, motors and many other items. Heck their are touring cars sold without wheels and tires... How are you expected to run them.. There are car kits sold that are not assembled.
And for the record. I would be able to start the engine and test the car without a radio.

If you are unhappy with the purchase I will make 1 exception for you to return the car. You pay shipping fees to return the car and I will refund your $ once I receive the car.
I am confident I can sell the car for more then you paid for it.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by _Hier_ View Post
His latest.
Let him file a complaint with paypal. He's wrong. Keep everything that he writes.

Your ad says:*SHIPPED UPS OR FED EX WHICH EVER I CHOOSE********

*****DUE TO THE NATURE OF R/C AND NITRO ENGINES THE CAR IS SOLD AS IS WITH NO REFUNDS.*****

*****THE ENGINE RAN GREAT PRIOR TO SHIPPING AND I CANNOT CONTROL WHAT YOU THE BUYER MAY KNOW OR NOT KNOW ABOUT NITRO TUNING.*****

End of suject.

You don't know what he will do to it before he sends it back.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gobolts View Post
It's buyers like him that have soured me on ebay. Especially since he can now give you a less than perfect ratintg, and according to ebay, will justify them charging you more to list.
You can dispute anything like this.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Cool

Why would he want the stock Pefex radio anyways?????? Th ones that came with my Lazer sucked!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LOSTTHEMOJO View Post
Why would he want the stock Pefex radio anyways?????? Th ones that came with my Lazer sucked!!!!
Exactly.

We will see where this goes.

My final message to him.

After carefull thoughts and speaking to about a dozen other people. I have decided that I will not allow a return of the car. You clearly want something for nothing and I am not giving into that request. If you need a radio you can find one on ebay like you found the car.

If you feel you would like to dispute this via ebay or paypal don't hesitate filing the dispute.

Regards.
him again...
By the way, I do not think every car is sold ready to run. But you need to realize that when they ARE NOT ready to run, they list what IS NEEDED. Your listing DID NOT list anything as being needed. It's used which meant it had a receiver and a radio. Maybe YOU are the one who needs educated. When I stated "run" I'm not just talking about the engine running. There's more to these cars than that. Your listing is very deceiving in what you intended. Please tell me, exactly how can you test a car without a receiver and radio? How do you make it go forward, turn, stop, etc? Please educate me on this because I am ignorant on this aspect.
+++
I don't want something for nothing. I want what I paid for - "Kyosho Inferno GT + extras 1/8th Scale Nitro On-Road". Where are the extras? All I got wat the Kyosho Inferno GT. You stated EXTRAS, where are they? I don't want an EXTRA receiver and radio, I just want the one that was part of the car and was removed. Nothing free, nothing extra, no something for nothing. I would NOT have gone over $100 for this car without a radio, it's not worth it to me. Someone else, maybe, but not me. If you want me to open a disbute I will. Sorry you're not willing to work things out.
Regards.
I am dumbfounded by this guys lack of knowledge.

Last edited by _Hier_; 07-20-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Granted these say "upgrades" and not "extras"..

Upgrades include

KYO97014 Kyosho Special Clutch Shoe $16.99

KYOIFW324 Composite Bonded Brake Pads $27.99

Project7 Racing Aluminum Shock Towers, Front Brace and Steering Brace.

KYOIS051 150cc Fuel Tank $17.29

Kyosho KS 102BK digital Steering servo. $?

Fuel line with inline fuel filter.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

My complete final response unless there is a dispute.

The extras are listed in the body of the auction.
Upgrades include

KYO97014 Kyosho Special Clutch Shoe $16.99

KYOIFW324 Composite Bonded Brake Pads $27.99

Project7 Racing Aluminum Shock Towers, Front Brace and Steering Brace.

KYOIS051 150cc Fuel Tank $17.29

Kyosho KS 102BK digital Steering servo. $?

Fuel line with inline fuel filter.

----
If you think sellers need to list what is not included in an auction for buyers that speculate on what they are bidding on you lack the fundamental understanding of what you are purchasing. If you need a radio search "RC AM RADIO AND RECEIVER" on ebay.
MY listing was very clear as to what was being auctioned.

The receiver does not go with any cars.. The receiver is a SEPERATE item sompletely. Receivers are sold seperate from Radios as well. When you buy a radio on ebay would you expect the receiver to come with it if it was not listed or pictured in the listing do you think you would receive a receiver? You probably do, but knowledgeable people would not.

It is your own lack of knowledge of the RC industry and sport.

To make the car go forward, turn and stop you will install a radio and rx which was CLEARLY not listed in the auction.

You can file a dispute, I am done with this matter.

Regards.

SO i guess this guy thinks if he buys:
-Motor it comes with a ESC or vise versa.... and a battery I guess..
Old 07-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I guess you need to send him a sandwich and a beer too since they are clearly needed as energy so you can drive the car.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

The suprising thing to me about the whole situation is that the buyer has 275 transactions on ebay....

I could imagine this with a new ebay member maybe...

But wow. I am still in shock..

He has filed a dispute with ebay, whom I have spoken too already. Basically they kinda chuckled about the whole ordeal saying "it is not in the listing he doesn't have a leg to stand on".

Yay for disputes... Just ties up my $ on Paypal.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

There isn't a transponder in the picture either...maybe one is included?

Or a new Ferrari...

Or a beach front house on Oahu...

Or...

You really DO need to do a better job of listing out SPECIFICALLY what is not included in your auctions

Sorry to hear you caught the jacka$$ of the year. Somebody had to...glad it wasn't me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.