Wiki Posts
Search

Heads up Guys...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by monstergecko
I have no way to chat with him and get my stuff back. And he will just comeback as some other alias...
i know it sucks and im sorry you got burned but there is recourse

gather all your info that you have emails,pms,recipets all the mailing info everything and also gather up the posts you see in here about him and go down to your local PD they should be able to get you going in the right direction.

if you used the usps then it is a federal crime also contact them and explain what happened and they should be able to get you going also.

now this may not do anything right now but as much as he has been doing this on here it is bound to come crashing down on him and when it does they will put him away for a long time.

good luck man
Old 04-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Angry

I did use the usps - This is good advice.

I know his Physical Mailing address, First & Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number, I know that There is a Jr. and Sr. in the house hold, fly's Heli's, Him or one of his family members works at Exxon, etc.

Kenneth Meyer, if your reading this - You have become my new personal project...

Jeff

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
i know it sucks and im sorry you got burned but there is recourse

gather all your info that you have emails,pms,recipets all the mailing info everything and also gather up the posts you see in here about him and go down to your local PD they should be able to get you going in the right direction.

if you used the usps then it is a federal crime also contact them and explain what happened and they should be able to get you going also.

now this may not do anything right now but as much as he has been doing this on here it is bound to come crashing down on him and when it does they will put him away for a long time.

good luck man
Old 04-13-2006, 11:32 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Ah yes! Always a sure fire way to know its Ken - he loves these 415's!:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=109913

Lures him out every time!

PD2
Old 04-13-2006, 11:46 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

monster - he can still send and recieve private messages, so if he is willing to work out the deal with you - he can do it that way.

Definately do a search for his name in the trader feedback forum. The other threads may be of some help also.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Man this is crazy, thanks for the pm warning me about redneck15 he wanted pics of my 415 msx, after ripping off so many people can't the police do something? if I lived in Texas I would go to his house for ya But he has to be going to a track or hobby shop to get his rc fix, Eventually someone he delt bad will catch up with him.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:20 PM
PD2
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pimpjuice_101
Man this is crazy, thanks for the pm warning me about redneck15 he wanted pics of my 415 msx, after ripping off so many people can't the police do something? if I lived in Texas I would go to his house for ya But he has to be going to a track or hobby shop to get his rc fix, Eventually someone he delt bad will catch up with him.
So that is the funny thing - he has been banned from at least one or two LHS'! And he definitely does not show his face around the tracks because of how many people don't like him around. So who knows where he gets it? E-Bay?

PD2
Old 04-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monstergecko
I have no way to chat with him and get my stuff back. And he will just comeback as some other alias...
Doesn't matter, you are not going to get "your stuff" back even if he is not banned.
And with any deals on the internet, know who/what/where/why and how the person/items you are making the deal with.

This SOB has pulled some many scams in here and other forums that I would think people would get wise to his game but alas it has not.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:38 PM
PD2
Tech Master

It just goes back to good common sense in your dealings on the Internet:

1) If the deal is too good to be true, then it definitely is and there is going to be some thing wrong with the trader or item that you are dealing with.

2) ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS look for references and/or trader feedback. I know this slants things toward traders and sellers/buyers that have a history of successful transactions, but if they have none start using other means to get more info - phone numbers, addresses, etc, and then use those and the free person search tools that was posted above to verify they are who they say they are to the best of your ability. It's getting to the point where we will almost have to start getting people to scan their drivers licenses and ID cards in order to verify they are who they say they are, but hopefully we are not to that extreme yet.

3) Anything shy of people people paying what was agreed to and you receiving a full payment should never constitute you shipping first. That's common sense, but I have heard of this guy we are dealing with trying to get people to take partial payment and then have them ship the item so that he can see it and pay after he gets the item.

I know those are only 3 and I'm sure others can add to them, but those are the top ones that I will use to help me in my dealings on here and other boards. I have only had one issue in the 3 plus years I've been doing this stuff and that was so minor I did not make a huge deal about it.

PD2
Old 04-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

The Bad thing is that there are so many people that you CAN trust, that it makes a person relaxed so to speak on selling and trading. the best thing to do is sew an American flag t-shirt on him and send him over to Iraq and drop him off in the middle of Baghdad with a sign that says f*** Osama and all his mindeless followers
Old 04-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Update

Tracking number says the package was delivered Today. Redneck15 says he's going to mail it back. I have asked to get tracking number and insurance in the PM. We will see what happens next

Jeff
Old 04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Well Its past 5pm

Update-
Redneck15 has sent me 2 PMs say that he will mail them back. I have offered to pay for the shipping/tracking number/Insurance. All I got were No Problem... but time has passed and it is still not done.

I did a little bit more digging and found John C Meyer's/Kenneth Meyer's Phone number. I called it spoke with a man that wanted nothing to do with me. All I got was Kenneth is not home stop calling me. I will continue to try.

My next step is going to report the address to the postal inspector in the morning. Today I filled a 1509 form at the post office today. We will see if that does anything to help the situation.

Jeff
Old 04-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Sweet, Keep us informed.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default pet project

This is my new pet project. Any suggestions and ideas about what to do? Nothing like an angry mob ;-)

J

Originally Posted by Crashhole
Sweet, Keep us informed.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Here is more on Ken

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&highlight=fbi

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ight=ken+choco

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ight=ken+choco

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&highlight=ken

Read through those posts, there are many other forums that he has burned people on.

Go here as well to file a complaint http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
Old 04-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by redneck15
o thats just great!
and the nerve to be upset!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.