Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heads up Guys...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

There is no way possible 5 different people have the same IP...It just can't happen. Now if you are at school, Everyone is tied into the same hub. not sure if thats what you were meaning by 5 people. But no, Someone in california wouldnt have the same IP as me. Some of the numbers might be the same but not all. I would like to know with all the ISP's out there, How everyone will have the same IP...Where are you getting your information?
Old 04-13-2006, 07:53 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Crashhole
There is no way possible 5 different people have the same IP...It just can't happen. Now if you are at school, Everyone is tied into the same hub. not sure if thats what you were meaning by 5 people. But no, Someone in california wouldnt have the same IP as me. Some of the numbers might be the same but not all. I would like to know with all the ISP's out there, How everyone will have the same IP...Where are you getting your information?
In major metros this may be the case, but, in some of the small town places in America that have mom and pop ISP's they will do what is called NAT'ing - Network Address Translations - and do what we refer to as a many to one NAT. Basically it means that you have many end users/nodes come in on one IP address, but because there are like 65,000 ports, you get assigned a port to communicate on via that IP to web sites and what not. Not always the best configuration.

Also, in some cases, cable modem providers have been known to do this since the infrastructure of their access is similar to a "bus" - meaning that everyone is physically connected to the same point and IP, but you translate or communicate via a different port on the Internet. Hence why some ISP's you can not do IP VPN's on because VPN or IPSec based VPN's require a unique IP address and port to communicate.

Now, the other thing that pops up is dial up accounts. Though they get a "unique" IP upon connection your "lease" on that IP address is temporary, meaning that the next time you connect you may get a totally different IP address than before.

DSL and other broadband and commerical DS0 (typically what you have in your office if you do not use DSL or cable for Internet access) type circuits will be about the only place you see consistent IP addressing or unique IP address handling.

And now you know and knowing is half the battle! GO JOE

PD2
Old 04-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

lol, You lost me on the vpns and the vpns
Old 04-13-2006, 08:52 AM
PD2
Tech Master

LOL!!! Simply put - it is possible. Just depends.....

PD2
Old 04-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Is this HelloKitty??? Same one as before that keeps coming back under different names? He was pretending to be a girl selling stuff for his boyfriend???? I almost sent him a money order for something until "she" sent me the address to Ken in Houston. I think I still have that address and name he gave somewhere.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:02 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MaxxBashers
Is this HelloKitty??? Same one as before that keeps coming back under different names? He was pretending to be a girl selling stuff for his boyfriend???? I almost sent him a money order for something until "she" sent me the address to Ken in Houston. I think I still have that address and name he gave somewhere.
Yup! HelloKitty, KenChoco, RBChoco, Kurt Meyers, Ken Meyers, John Meyers, whatever you want to call him - same guy! Bet you have the same address as above too! But definitely no relation what so ever! RIGHT!

PD2
Old 04-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default Just for the record...

He is also known as "KEITH MILES" - He also said that he is going to give me a call today. Still no Tracking number, No phone call. He has my numbers, we'll see what happens after today if there is no action then I will know that this guy is a scammer. But if all works out maybe he's flipped a leaf... Right now I'm doubtfull that this is going to be the case.

J
Old 04-13-2006, 09:14 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Originally Posted by monstergecko
He is also known as "KEITH MILES"
But yet he had the same e-mail address and physical address as what we have been talking about?

PD2
Old 04-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I just looked through my deleted mail and found it. It came from Kenneth Meyers [email protected]. Here is the physical address given in Nov '05:

KEN MEYERS
5428 PALMER ST
HOUSTON,TEXAS 77004

This was the same time that "hellokitty" was on here claiming to have no relationship at all to Ken Meyers.... LOL.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Suspended

so u think advertising addreses and numbers is cool...what the hell is going on?
Old 04-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

If those addresses aren't yours what's the big deal? All any of the several billion people on earth need to do it is go to www.dogpile.com or any other web search engine and search for it.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Or www.zabasearch.com
Old 04-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Suspended

o thats just great!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:47 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

He's gone, banned.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default If you banned him

I have no way to chat with him and get my stuff back. And he will just comeback as some other alias...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.