Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SORMCC onroad racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 06:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi everyone,
jus wanna ask a simple question....how fierce is the competition at eastern creek?!...is it even worth tryinig to compete coz im new and probably will get chopped by the more experienced drivers!?!
Old 10-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by reckLEss
hi everyone,
jus wanna ask a simple question....how fierce is the competition at eastern creek?!...is it even worth tryinig to compete coz im new and probably will get chopped by the more experienced drivers!?!
Correct!!!!!! strat out by trying to stay down the middle of the track and gradually build up from there if you go out and try to compete you will only wreck your car or someone elses. Everyone will help out a guy and be patient if you are new and trying to improve your driving, however if you go out there inexperienced and try to race and thus cause mayhem you will not be real popular. I dont want to discourage you please come down! but be mindfull of your car and others and you will have a great day. I think what you will find the first time you come out is that your car will need some tuning to get it to handle, again any experienced guy down there will give you time if he sees that you have the right attitude. good luck dude
Old 10-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

When you register your name, tell Steve (organizer) that you are new (beginner) and he will put you in the beginner heat.

hi everyone,
Old 10-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

reckless,

No, the competition is not as fierce as you think it is.................its only a club day.....you're there to have fun and learn from the other guys.....not to try and compete with the experienced drivers...

Relax dude, it's only a club day......nothing too serious.....
Old 10-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

hi everyone,
Just turn up, you'll be placed in the appropriate heat & you will have a blast. There will be plenty of people around to help you out, most people know that you have to start somewhere.

Make sure you take a table & chair.

Regards
Old 10-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

ReckLess just look out for a guy that looks like Burt Reynolds from "Smokey and the Bandit", goes by the alias of Ray. If you stay away from him you will be fine.

No need to bring food as they have a pretty good canteen, if your real hungry ask for the Besercoe meal with upsize already included.

Coxy.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by nam_tc3
reckless,

No, the competition is not as fierce as you think it is.................its only a club day.....you're there to have fun and learn from the other guys.....not to try and compete with the experienced drivers...

Relax dude, it's only a club day......nothing too serious.....
just watch out for Nam_TC3 and FUKWRX as I heard this guys like to start fights.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by danjoy25
just watch out for Nam_TC3 and FUKWRX as I heard this guys like to start fights.
......... hhmmm ......... thats not good too hear ............
might stay away from now on ..............

.... hehehehe ......... u should b watching out 4 danjoy instead ...lol
Old 10-12-2004, 02:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

nams a punk i kicked his ass last meet on the drivers stand.he wouldnt stop complaining bout how crappy the 415 is to build
Old 10-12-2004, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

hi everyone,
RecLEss all jokes aside, when you enter to race on Saturday ask Steve the man behind the computer to point me out (Simon Cox) and I will answer any questions you have throughout the day and guide on the right steps.

Coxy.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by Coxy
RecLEss all jokes aside, when you enter to race on Saturday ask Steve the man behind the computer to point me out (Simon Cox) and I will answer any questions you have throughout the day and guide on the right steps.

Coxy.
Or he could just look for the guy with the Pink radio
Old 10-12-2004, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

nams a punk i kicked his ass last meet on the drivers stand.he wouldnt stop complaining bout how crappy the 415 is to build
you just couldn't accept the fact that electric cars are quicker than your gas cars.............
Old 10-13-2004, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

Hey reckLEss,
I was in your shoes almost one year ago. I also started out racing a stock V One S - I have since upgraded to a better OS motor but just recently broke the conrod so Ive gone back to the trusty old stock V One S motor until I can afford to get a new motor but am running 20% through it, I wont recommend putting 20% through it if you want to preserve the motor!
After many trial and errors with setup I have the following (you may or may not like this setup but Ive found its not bad for the track, )
- I run 42's on the front and 40's on the back but see which tyre selection you're comfortable with
- 1 degree toe out on the front
- 2 degrees to in on the back
- 2 degrees neg camber on the back
- 2 clips on either end for the caster I use this instead of camber (Im not sure how many degrees that is) i.e. the clips are the same width on the front/back of the hing pin (I think its called a hing pin)

My advice to you is to take it easy, learn the racing line and get to know how your car handles. As mentioned by the other guys do not be concerned with the better/faster drivers/cars, once you know the track you can keep up with them during the S's and mid section of the track but they will get you down the straight, I do make the B finals and made the A's once with the stock V One S motor so car setup and driver ability goes a long way!

I wont be coming down this saturday unfortunately but I do attend every race meet so Im more than willing to pass on some knowledge. Beleive me, every meet is a learning experience, its amazing how much you can learn by the more experienced drivers.

Just need time...
Old 10-13-2004, 03:39 AM
Tech Adept

PS - Im new to RCTech as well...
Old 10-13-2004, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nam_tc3
you just couldn't accept the fact that electric cars are quicker than your gas cars.............
lol below the belt mate below the belt.... hehehehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.