Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Woohoo! Awesome stuff Glenn, good job. Well done.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

excellent news, does that mean we are allowed to park behind the fence near the rostrum this weekend?
Old 03-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

aaw man! it never ends

now i need a 12v gel cell to run the p/a unit only

thats it, im gunna make some calls and see how much a small, cheap home amp unit or something similar costs. then we dont have any 12v equipment.

Originally Posted by promugenman
excellent news, does that mean we are allowed to park behind the fence near the rostrum this weekend?
yeah mate, but as ive said before its only for those who are members of the club.
By next meet ppl will have to show their m/ship pass before we open the gate for them because council said WE (the club) are now responsible for who we allow access to.

Last edited by oblivion; 03-09-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by promugenman
i might just stir the debate a little, people who know me know i love to stir things up . here's a question.

why are the American pro series, Australian nationals (most nationals in fact)and world cup as well as IFMAR & all its subsidiaries all run on well groomed consistent tracks?
I don't think the track used for the last electric off-road worlds falls into the well groomed and consistent category.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thats great news about parking. So when do we get our membership cards?

On another note... I made a measuring wheel last night, so will be able to measure the length of the track reasonably accurately on the weekend. Will also allow the measurement of the track dimensions and the additional area required for future track length growth.

So are people heading down tomorrow to work on the track???
Old 03-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Is that SDMCC membership or Nitro club membership, to get a card.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by crabboy
Is that SDMCC membership or Nitro club membership, to get a card.
nitro club membership IS sdmcc membership. they are the same. we are all members of the same magnificent RC club.

since the club is taking responsibility for who it lets in, and someone will have to be "gate keeper/monitor" on raceday there will most likely be an extra (approximate) ~$5 fee per year for the access card.

its a very small price to pay for track side parking on race days.

if ppl dont like paying $5, then i hope they like lugging their stuff from wheatsheaf road when the carpark fills

there will only be one key issued by council, and its only for race days.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

And as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, you may get discounts on stuff if you flash your SDMCC membership card
Old 03-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by oblivion
2) there will be a boom gate fitted to the carpark very soon.

The teenagers that drive down the other track to have big sessions aren't going to appreciate this...
Old 03-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

no, when was the last time you raced on-road andrew?
i raced nitro tourers at littlehampton about one and a half years a go.

hey glen will you have membership forms there on the w/end?me and gavin will both pay our member ship on the weekend what does it cost?25 dollars?

i would like to get another nitro tourer a hobao gpx4 pro but that will have to wait till after i get caster racings new truggy.[coming out in june but the way]

hey guys i have a question for you.i have been asked if i would like to sell medial pro tires trackside would any of you be interested?they would be fairly cheap and already mounted with holes in the tires.you can go to their website and check there range out and tell me and i can get you some very cheap.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
hey guys i have a question for you.i have been asked if i would like to sell medial pro tires trackside would any of you be interested?they would be fairly cheap and already mounted with holes in the tires.you can go to their website and check there range out and tell me and i can get you some very cheap.
You would have to clear it with the club sponsors first.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

hey glen will you have membership forms there on the w/end?me and gavin will both pay our member ship on the weekend what does it cost?25 dollars?
yeah membership to SDMCC.Asn.Au is 25, and you can get the forms from my website, sdmcc website or me on raceday.

aah here ya go, this is the link to the m/ship form.
membership form

also, after discussing things we (myself + integrated) have decide track side parking will be $10. (i did state the previous price was approximate)

This works out to just under $1 per meet which is very affordable still.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

$10 a year for parking is great. Especially for those of us with utes...
Old 03-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi guys
WOW glen your a chanp with wath you r doen for the club. whish i could help out but i have tafe mon to fri form 7.45am to 4.30pm at tafe at regensy park to do plumbing n work weekends. i was ment to have this one off some stuffed up the roster agen(women)!! hope all goes will fpr the meet. i am going to become a member got my form filled out n $25 stapeld to it.
cheers bart
Old 03-09-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

this is a sticky one.

part of me says i cant stop you, and im sure it happens overseas etc. where a sponsored team sells stuff from their tent.

but realistically, i think this is a tricky Q. We do have existing sponsors such as model flight, zone 3, jims antennas, softwoods, Coates hire etc and to become a sponsor it has cost them to do so.. as such we need to protect their interests while keeping it fair for new sponsors.

at the end of the day, i wouldnt be happy if you started a trackside lhs and sold stuff for your own profit only.. if you donated a % of your sales, or made a $x? donation each meet to do so would be a lot more fair.

Im sure our sponsors would not be offended IF the club was benefiting in some way, just like the other sponsors all help the club in one way or another.

To allow trackside selling for free though undermines the entire sponsorship idea and would make them wonder "why do we pay to sponsor them when he gets it free??" and they would have every right to withdraw their sponsorship.

Sniffers Hpi tent? well he is donating 100% of all drink sales (as is rob from jims antennas) back to the club, which again comes back to the club benefiting in some way.
($32 last meet with $1 drinks, and $50+ im expecting/hoping for next meet with the bbq sales also)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.