Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah except those two

you get the idea
Old 01-06-2006, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v0rtex
Sorry glenn, misunderstanding. I thought you ment using single laps to determine qualifying order. It SHOULD be the drivers individual fastest time over the entire qualifier that determines his place on the grid for the finals. Not single fastest lap, but fastest time over the 5 minute qualifier.

RC racing the world over all you need is one fastest qualifier. You're correct in what you've just said in that you could have one blistering 5 min run, take TQ, and sit out the rest of the qualifiers. I've seen it happen more than once at HHR. The driver is fastest, he deserves TQ.

This is how it happens the world over.
it cant take from individual lap times, it goes as you said by their best qualifyer. So theoretically you get 3x qualifyers to make top slot for the final.

so i take it most people prefer fastest time for heat instead of going on consistency?
Old 01-06-2006, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

i'd prefer fastest heat time instead of having your best three or four heats go towards your qualifying spot.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Over 3 just qualifiers, definantly the only way to go.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timmy_G
Vortex - all over the world except the Vic onroad titles and Peter Stevens Masters
i was just following how they do it at the worlds, and most of USA / Europe where consistency is what counts.

if people only want one qualifyer to count towards a final, i might aswell only run 1x qualifyer and 1 final since thats all your counting anway.

running one race and shelfing your rc does nothing for the race meeting. Im trying to make the track so its safe for rc so they dont break (and therefore more cars racing) but ppl want an easy ride by shelfing their car?
Old 01-06-2006, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Of course there are other meetings where they go on an average of your best qualifiers. Those meetings are also 2 and 3 day meetings with enough qualifiers to be able to drop a couple, and not all of them count.

Weather a driver chooses to race all or only one qualifier is up to the driver. Who cares if he/she has one run and thinks its good enough. Heats/Qualifiers are only against the clock anyway.

Personally i'll run all 3 quals, I want to run all 3, but some more experienced drivers may only need one qual.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

when I set TQ and shelf my car for two or three races, whats the problem?
it clears the track for other people to improve their time. If im confident with my time being good enough to keep pole, then good for me, there's no need for me to race in the other qualifiers. Afterall, its my decision as to which qualifier I race in. If I dont get a good time, I'll use the following races to better my time. Isn't that the idea?

Tim
Old 01-06-2006, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Hey timmy g who says you are gonna be setting the tq
Old 01-06-2006, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timmy_G
when I set TQ and shelf my car for two or three races, whats the problem?
it clears the track for other people to improve their time. If im confident with my time being good enough to keep pole, then good for me, there's no need for me to race in the other qualifiers. Afterall, its my decision as to which qualifier I race in. If I dont get a good time, I'll use the following races to better my time. Isn't that the idea?

Tim
thats all good n well if were talking formula one /motogp style events where you have a 60min 'open' qualifying session followed by a long race.

but any top level motorsports make each race combine to your overall posi in the final.
look at v8sc, they do a few races and earn their place on the grid for the final, and the same for all other motorsports. karting, supercross, even sprintcars just to name a few.
you dont hear ingall/lowndes/whoever go "oh i won the first, ill just slouch back and crack a few coldie's till the final, she's in the bag now..."

[sarcasm on] anyway, correct me if im wrong but i thought you was actually here to race, not just inhale the lovely nitro smells and munch on the dust? [sarcasm off]

oh and i have it set to drop no results. all of them count, but i did think of making it drop your worst result so it counts your best two heats.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=oblivion][sarcasm on] anyway, correct me if im wrong but i thought you was actually here to race, not just inhale the lovely nitro smells and munch on the dust? [sarcasm off]
[QUOTE]

When i was down at the track this evening, it was the first thing that i noticed (besides all the great work done to the track - and some not so great changes) was the loverly smell of nitro... MMMmmm LOL
Old 01-06-2006, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
Hey timmy g who says you are gonna be setting the tq

Old 01-06-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Nige69][QUOTE=oblivion][sarcasm on] anyway, correct me if im wrong but i thought you was actually here to race, not just inhale the lovely nitro smells and munch on the dust? [sarcasm off]

When i was down at the track this evening, it was the first thing that i noticed (besides all the great work done to the track - and some not so great changes) LOL
i spoke with wayne - he tried to make that jump a bit better but took a little too much off. If he gets time he will fix it, or i will sunday when i bring a wheel barrow and tools.

sh!t happens i guess, especially after all the 30+ hours him + his hoe' have put into the track for us for free....

In regards to sundays meeting - Can a few ppl bring shovels and rakes so maybe we can have an early morning cleanup before the meeting, and maybe even lay some moguls between the table top and back straight (turn 2 - 3)
Old 01-06-2006, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, Wayne has done an excellent job. The "DRS" (Dust Reduction system... LOL) works a treat, only one small section missed (i think). It is looking more and more like a professional track
Old 01-06-2006, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Just remembered something that i noticed when at the track... The PVC pipe on the main straight marking the main track from Pit lane is really badly broken up.
Are we going to put the cement blocks back like we used to have, or some more black pipe???
Old 01-06-2006, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nige69
The PVC pipe on the main straight marking the main track from Pit lane is really badly broken up.
Are we going to put the cement blocks back like we used to have, or some more black pipe???
rip it up and place the good triangle type concrete slabs there was the plan, i just never got time to do it on the same day we laid all the black ag pipe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.