Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Aus Vs NZ.
adelaide oval. 10/02/2009

"Cap-cam".
i peeled the FlyCamOne v2 off my plane and sticky taped it to my caps visor.
it aint perfect, but its better than nothing at all

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what was the point in that.....
seemed a bit "yawn"
Old 02-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Benzo you have a PM
Old 02-12-2009, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dkabab
seemed a bit "yawn"
It might be a bit "yawn" to some people, but this is the grass roots. Getting out there and taking RC to the people LOL

These demonstrations that we (the club) get invited to go to are about showing off in front of crowds of people, but at the same time showing them how much fun and how much punishment these cars can take. Admitedly the cricket was a bit lame as our time was cut hugely short due to channel 9 wanting to use the big screen, but it was still fun

We want RC to grow as a sport/hobby and wetting people's appetite for it is a start. if only 1 out of 10 people that get an rc vehicle comes out to race because of seeing us at these demos, then that is one extra person we didn't have before.

Bring on the monster trucks and monster jumps at wayville saturday night
Old 02-12-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

seemed a bit "yawn"
Anything to help RC grow in SA
Old 02-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah i have nothing against promoting it... i just thought driving around on flat grass was a bit boring and hardly exciting enough to draw new commers. i know it was short notice, but if there were jumps etc.... then yeah it would have been worth it.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Yes it would have been a lot more fun if someone didn't break the jump again ()

Unfortunately we weren't able to do too much in case we damaged the grass. It was soo smooth too the point of almost being like artifical grass, but a power slide was enough to dislodge it. My mini-baja was cool and didn't do any damage when doing donuts, wheelis etc.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

looks like you guys had fun.

Nige you just mentioned the reason why i didn't organise to bring the baja out. while it would of been awesome fun the baja would have destroyed the grass.

i'll be at the monster truck show with my son Nicholas so look forward to the entertainment :-)
Old 02-12-2009, 03:51 AM
Tech Regular

It was fun, even without jumps. My tires came off all nicely polished LOL

Yeah, the monster trucks will definately be fun. My eldest lad Jordon will be there too driving my revamped Hyper7.

Im looking forwards to those "little" jumps again hehe
Old 02-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default truggy

Benzo you have a pm
Old 02-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Pete you have PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was at the cricket, and yes, it might seem boring to some, but, then, so is the cricket.

This is were it all starts from, exposure to the public. Phil, the promotions organiser, is talking of a jumping competion next cricket season.
State V's State. He even refersto us as "Profesional Drivers", LOL>

Anyway, I've never driven a monster truck before, and I had fun, even though the plug blew out after 3 minutes.

We have some fun, we entertained the crowd, we talked with the people, and you never know, someone in the crowd could one day be an RC racer, State, National or World Champion.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

happiness is 35,000 RPM's.

onboard video using the flycam, pre-show warm up @ wayville showgrounds for the monster trucks.

man i love that sound!

it sure beats the sound of those nutters who like to ram your leg with their out of control large scale, in front of 10,000 people.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Top marks to all you guys that get out there and promote our sport, I can bet you there was many many “mummy can I’v a” ……………… “daddy I want one” and more than one “hey hunny that looks like fun can I get one”

Hats off to ya all

P.s. Magnuts a professional driver
Old 02-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

yeah i have nothing against promoting it... i just thought driving around on flat grass was a bit boring and hardly exciting enough to draw new commers. i know it was short notice, but if there were jumps etc.... then yeah it would have been worth it.
you dont need to jump a double decker bus, blind folded, while doing a quadruple back flip to get a reaction from the crowd.

the sight and sound of an RC going full noise is more than enough. add a jump, even if its just a little baby jump to us, and they get thrilled by it.

it doesnt matter what you do, the fact is that it gets seen by thousands of people and judging by the reaction + questions we always get before, during and after shows is more than enough to tell us we are definately getting noticed and appreciated.

sure, the cricket was restrictive.. .but we are doing it in front of ~40,000ppl during lunch break at one of Adelaides largest sporting events with international sportsmen attending, so you can understand their concerns over us damaging their turf, especially during a drought + water restrictions.

it sure beats going out, doing a big jump and landing on your wing which chunks out their turf, and you never get invited back again.. (respect will go a long way, no respect will get you nowhere)

if that is the price you pay to get RC out there in front of such a massive crowd, then myself and a few others are more than happy to pay that price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.