Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HICOMP
oh thats sounds good. How bout Nitro X or AT any good?
All the brands mentioned above are pretty good. Every manufacturer will tell you that their brand will give you 0% wear, 3 or 4 minutes extra run-time, etc. (and they are all very eager to bag every other brand), but they're all pretty much the same. The main thing that I've learnt is that you'll get the best performance by using the same brand/blend for the life of the motor. Pick a brand that's readily available and stick with it.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ringo
All the brands mentioned above are pretty good. Every manufacturer will tell you that their brand will give you 0% wear, 3 or 4 minutes extra run-time, etc. (and they are all very eager to bag every other brand), but they're all pretty much the same. The main thing that I've learnt is that you'll get the best performance by using the same brand/blend for the life of the motor. Pick a brand that's readily available and stick with it.
i would have to say thats the most truthful UNBIAS info ive ever heard anyone reply with.

bravo to you my good friend for telling it like it is!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:32 AM

G'day Mike you don't need to worry about that. I have now got a mugen mbx5r buggy so i don't need to drive yours. Are you coming down this way for Christmas? because if you are and you are going to the track i might see if i can get a ride down there and i'll bring my buggy

Tom
Old 12-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Default Whyalla.

Is there anybody out there that we can talk into coming up to Whyalla with us this weekend? I'll be heading up on Saturday morning with a free seat or two if anybody is keen to come along. Give me a call on 0140 569 642.

Cheers, Jarrod.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:41 AM
Tech Adept

I would love to head up... but I am headin up on Tuesday with my family for Xmas and will be taking my Buggy and new Truggy down.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Have fun up at Whyalla gentlemen.

Julius, thats a very nice looking rig you have there mate, I sure it will work well for you.

Tom, congrats on getting your hands on a buggy mate, a mugen is always a sound purchase and I am sure you will have a lot of fun and success with it. I will probably head down to the track once or twice while I am in Adelaide. Give me a buzz on 0412 403 551 over the next couple of days and we'll sort out going for a belt on the track.

Cheers

Mike
Old 12-18-2008, 07:53 PM

Default Air filter

Hey guys just wondering who's air filter i borrowed sunday?? I forgot to give it back after but you had already gone so i couldn't. Thanks heaps for that I would have not raced otherwise..

Tom
Old 12-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tom Mills
Hey guys just wondering who's air filter i borrowed sunday?? I forgot to give it back after but you had already gone so i couldn't. Thanks heaps for that I would have not raced otherwise..

Tom
Hey Mate, that was me I took off around 2.30 as I had had enough of watching everyone else have fun. When i saw you going to use Ralphies i just couldnt let ya do it... his was filthy . My motor went to the motor heaven, so atleast someone got to have some fun.

You can keep it bud if you need it, or just give it to Darren next time to see him, I will be down the shop tonight if your heading that way anyway.

Happy to help.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oblivion

for any pilots:

we are heading to victoria park race course saturday morning at 10am.
parking on east tce side is apprently best as you get some shade to work under.

cya all there.

bump!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

The batteries are a chargin'...
Old 12-19-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Well if anyone is interested, ill be heading down to the track tomorrow (saturday) for some testing on the car after changing the center diff oil to 25,000 from 20,000 and setting up the car evenly on the setup station (thanks ralphy). be there about noon onwards.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:01 AM
Tech Adept

Good luck Tonke, I will be interested to see the results. I just fixed up the clutch on the OS Motor that was playing up tonight, locktighted the Nut infront of the Flywheel... all is good

Now to get building the MXB5T... w00t w00t.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:28 AM
Tech Initiate

haha i thought about building mine, but there are a lot of parts still on the old one that i want to use so yeah, and have some pro-spec parts coming, so chances are ill build it after Christmas probably, but ill see how it goes tomorrow.

you going to come out tomorrow mate?
Old 12-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T0nke
you going to come out tomorrow mate?
I would have, but got a phone call late yesterday from my parents, they have come up for a visit so we are heading up the river in a few minutes (I wanted to leave by now) for the day to get the speed boat out.

I got the front, rear, centre Diffs all done last night and half the front end before i went to bed... I was happy enough with that.

K, time to leave... FINALLY. Have a good testing day T0nke.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Just have to ask who is the new president and committee members?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.