Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Dos nice tool kit ...ARROWMAX.... who sells them ??? Adelaide rc ??
You make more comebacks .... than John Farman
Old 05-28-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RObErT_RaTh
Any more details on this? Nitro or electric? 2WD / 4WD? Race length?

Cheers
It will be electric 2wd and 4wd. Race length will be around the 5 to 7 minute mark.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Welll.....

Who's racing what on Sunday? Might be dusting off the trigger finger and having a drive. Hopefully I can still swing a truggy around a track

Last edited by Funking-Awesome; 05-28-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funking-Awesome
Welll.....

Who's racing what on Sunday? Might be dusting off the trigger finger and having a drive. Hopefully I can still swing a truggy around a track
Awesome man!!

Im down for done racing!

Still got the buggy, if yes then you should run that
Old 05-28-2012, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Be great to see some of you old boys back! Looks like 3 or 4 of us coming down for Sunday!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
Awesome man!!

Im down for done racing!

Still got the buggy, if yes then you should run that
No buggy, plus I wouldn't be able to keep it between the ropes. I'll try and drive a truggy first haha
Old 05-28-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funking-Awesome
No buggy, plus I wouldn't be able to keep it between the ropes. I'll try and drive a truggy first haha
With all that drifting you have been doing you should be counter steering between the ropes like a boss.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grandpa
It will be electric 2wd and 4wd. Race length will be around the 5 to 7 minute mark.
Just to correct my own post... It will 2wd only and a mix of bashing and racing during the lunch break

Last edited by Grandpa; 05-28-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default A little more

This is for you Deano...
Old 05-30-2012, 02:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys. Long time, no see. I had to lay off the toys after being diagnosed with cancer a month ago. After some surgery and the removal of an entire organ (which will remain un-named) i am happy to say things are better. i find out soon if Chemo is required and then it is business as usual. i enjoyed Jarrod's hark back to the past. I remember Mitchell Park due to living near by. I was inspired by what i saw (Hornets/Frogs/Schumacher cats etc). This planted the seed, but it was only many years later i could afford it. Better late than never. I have seen the release of the MBX6TR and i am after some honest opinions about it's performance/durability. I have seen comment's regarding the front arms breaking on impact with anything too many times to ignore. Is this a serious consideration when buying the Mugen Truggy. Anyway, hope to be back into it soon.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nathan hill
Hey guys. Long time, no see. I had to lay off the toys after being diagnosed with cancer a month ago. After some surgery and the removal of an entire organ (which will remain un-named) i am happy to say things are better. i find out soon if Chemo is required and then it is business as usual. i enjoyed Jarrod's hark back to the past. I remember Mitchell Park due to living near by. I was inspired by what i saw (Hornets/Frogs/Schumacher cats etc). This planted the seed, but it was only many years later i could afford it. Better late than never. I have seen the release of the MBX6TR and i am after some honest opinions about it's performance/durability. I have seen comment's regarding the front arms breaking on impact with anything too many times to ignore. Is this a serious consideration when buying the Mugen Truggy. Anyway, hope to be back into it soon.
Hey Nathan, sorry to hear that and hopefully all goes well with your recovery. Regarding the new MBX 6TR, obviously everyone is going to say that I have to say it's good but honestly it's a great truggy, my truggy is a 6TR spec already and it is fast easy to drive and durable have a chat to Phil he drove it on Sunday and loved it. As far ad front arms go I have been racing a mugen truggy since 09 and I have probably broken around 4-5 front arms but only because I hit something hard which any brand will break, it's not an issue at all.

Last edited by scross178; 05-30-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nathan hill
I have seen comment's regarding the front arms breaking on impact with anything too many times to ignore. Is this a serious consideration when buying the Mugen Truggy.
If you constantly keep driving into too many things, your going to break arms no matter what brand of truggy you use.

Ive never broken a mugen truggy arm

Last edited by The Choben One; 05-30-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

hey guys,

Looking forward to sunday but im not lol work the next day. Had a ball last sunday down there ran the truggy a bit and helped out bit on the track, was a good day.

Ill come down on sunday i have the stock losi RTR just saving the pennies up for a novarossi of some sort. ill love to join pay my fee but i stlil ain't that confidant to run as yet thinking i might get into peoples way to much but ill be down there anyways.

I cant beleive how easy the losi was to pull apart and clean, must say car of my liking haha.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrLosi88
hey guys,

Looking forward to sunday but im not lol work the next day. Had a ball last sunday down there ran the truggy a bit and helped out bit on the track, was a good day.

Ill come down on sunday i have the stock losi RTR just saving the pennies up for a novarossi of some sort. ill love to join pay my fee but i stlil ain't that confidant to run as yet thinking i might get into peoples way to much but ill be down there anyways.

I cant beleive how easy the losi was to pull apart and clean, must say car of my liking haha.
No mate dont be afraid to have a go, if the race director knows you are new he will put you with a group more your skill level, and the only way you will know or improve is to have a crack, you dont have to be a club member straight away, just bring $20 and you can use a club transponder. Yeah most of the 8th scale cars are a snap to pull apart and clean, and if you start racing you will get good at it realy quick.

Cheers
Scott
Old 06-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Well tried starting it today to get it roughly tunes for tomorrow before tuning it properly to find out that the flywheel isnt grabbing hold of the crankshaft to turn the crank over and push the piston up and down. hmmmmmmmmm, i tightened the bolt for the flywheel worked a treat for about 2 bump starts before the same thing happened again. i gave up haha, ill bring it down and its probably an easy fix but if i aint racin i would love to help out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.