Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just registered my entry on slyfox and had the unconfirmed entry list come up.
Cheers All
Old 10-23-2008, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default Membership Arrears

Yet Another Reminder:

6 free-loaders - err, members - have still not paid their membership renewals for the remainder of the 2008 season:

Craig
Jason
Michael
Rhys
Shane
Simon

If your name is on the list above and you intend racing this Sunday, please bring an extra $25 with you.

You must pay your outstanding membership renewal when you nominate for the race.

Otherwise, you will be charged at the casual rate of $15 and you will not get any championship points for the day.

Unpaid members are also NOT elegible to enter in the SA Titles !

Thanks,
Grant.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

What is the rule if i want to run the state title here in S.A and around Australia? I have to be a member of one club, like SDMCC, that holds the state title or i don t need to be a member of any club and just pay the fee and run all the state title around Australia.Sorry, but i am still learning.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Marco, as long as you've paid up with SDMCC, you can take part at any sanctioned event around Australia as SDMCC is AARCMCC affiliated. Hope that helps.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default titles

Marco i believe you need to be a member of a club which is affiliated with AARCMCC,and also become a member of AARCMCC (which costs nothing just fill out a application)to be able to enter any sanctioned event.From my understanding you need both.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default track

Went for a practice Tuesday.Track is really rough and rutted.Some of the holes just flipped my buggy upside down and that was going in a straight line.Should make it interesting this weekend.Might be better when a few cars ,trucks have cleaned up the racing line.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:35 AM
Tech Addict

Default SDMCC State Titles - ENTRIES

The following have entered the event and have paid.

Jason Lawson
Ashleigh Frensham
Marco Cianfrone
Ian Haley
Sean Gage
Grant West
Paul Standley
Jaicob Mann
Phil Taylor
Nathan Tampe
Steve Mitchell
Mark Brown
Glenn Roonwy
David Sov
Daniel Nowicki
RJ Thoms
Kyle McBride

Other entries may be on there way and have not found my desk yet.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default Working Bee - State Titles

SATURDAY 8Th and SUNDAY 9TH NOVEMBER

WORKING BEE AT TRACK - NOT A RACE DAY

Preperation for State Titles. Track will be closed until work is completed.
The quicker we get this done, the sooner those there can practice.

Last edited by Gizmo C Jester; 10-26-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Turbine, Steve and Scott. I got 1 week holiday so i wont be there for the race.Have a good race.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Fordy, some MBX6 feedback for you. Track was very dusty and caused a bit of push but was getting more steering with a better groove forming in the track. Used 400 front Mugen oil and 350 rear mugen oil. Ran it with front and rear wishbones level and not a lot of droop. Everything else was stock setup. As you know Whyalla can handle all sorts of setups so those settings are moot really. Im thinking the 6 hole pistons may be better down there but Ill leave that up to you to work out and tell me .

It was very stable and a lot easier to drive consistantly than the 808, I think its better than the MBX5, MBX5R and 808. I think I posted some of my quickest individual lap times with it. Im very happy with it since there was virtually nothing that had to be done to get it to work. All this done on GRP grips. Those big pin thingoes I have which are definitely not the norm or the best tires to run in most conditions.

Cheers All
Old 10-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thats great to hear jason! What was your impression of build, and quality compared to the xray?

the biggest problem with mugens is a minor one, the manual. It leaves a bit to be desired compared with the losi manual.

I have finished mine and am extremely pleased with the car, the quality is so nice and there are so many little features on the car that take it to another level. I will race it tommorow, i am running stock setup with 5/7/2 diffs and 35wt losi oil all round.Feels very plush, its soft but wont bottom out easy if you know what i mean, i think that has something to do with pack? or the amount of piston holes?

I will let you know how it goes and help you get a good setup on it for mv(by the sounds of it its pretty good stock!), thats if you dont help me get a good setup first hahaha
Old 10-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gizmo C Jester
SUNDAY 9TH NOVEMBER

WORKING BEE AT TRACK - NOT A RACE DAY

Preperation for State Titles. Track will be closed until work is completed.
The quicker we get this done, the sooner those there can practice.
Danny, didn't we ink that one in for the Saturday- 8th of November? Still no racing on the 9th.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Fordy, the XRay has the best manuals anywhere. In every other aspect the MBX6 is equal or better.

I neglected to tell you that I use 5000/5000/2000 diff oils. I find my cars easier to drive out of corners. 7000 centre feels a little loose for me on exit.

I know exactly what you mean about plush. I said the same to a couple of other people. The XRay was soft to bench test and would bottom out from a 300mm drop. The Mugen feels soft but didnt bottom out from a 1 metre drop. The 5 hole pistons may be creating more pack as opposed to six hole piston which XRay use.

The suspension did seem to bed in as the day went on and did start to soften up.

35wt Losi oil rough equates to 600cst XRay oil. So say XRay. Mugen use cst aslo but dont know if they match XRay. My thoughts are 35 wt Losi is like 450cst Mugen. I'll research this more.
Sorry to those not interested in my waffling about this .
Cheers All
Old 10-26-2008, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jason,

The mbx6 went well today, i had a semi successful day, my consistency was not where i would like it to be but the track was that unpredictable theres not much more i could do to stop the car getting randomly caught. It took me a few tanks to get a handle of the car and i suspect it will take me another month to get fully "with it". Every tank got better and the car kept on just feeling faster and faster. I think the 7k oil in the centre was a tad heavy and i will change it to 5k this week.As you found out my shocks loosened up throughout the day and the ride height got progressively lower haha. I went from 35wt to 30wt in the rear and that felt better, made the rear "stick" better if you like. Our track was the roughest it has EVER been, like i mean it was just rough and unpredictable so it was hard to compare lap times to my 5r. But for the track conditions the car turned it pretty respectable times for its first time out, im very pleased with the car, its like a 5r but just does everything better! It jumps like nothing else.

I can't wait to run state titles, i believe theres so much left in this car and i cannot wait to get the best out of it!

cheers
Old 10-26-2008, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i think you need to change your signature Fordy lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.