Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integrated
sorry i couldnt get down and dirty this weekend guys, had 2 work Saturday and had a family bbq b'day lunch Sunday
C'mon Paul- you had to choose between a family bbq and a working bee, and you chose the family bbq?!?!?!?

The new ripple sectione will be interesting. It is 8 rows of the concrete track dividers buride by about 100mm. It will need a bit of tweaking to get right (ie dirt added or removed), but the idea is along the lines of the ripple section like that on the Jakarta Worlds track from last year- not quite a set of jumps, but enough to unsettle the car if it's hit too quick.

Dave, I don't think there is any issue for you to worry about with your truck. The only comment I've heard of was Rob's (tounge in cheek?) comment on this forum. And if anybody did get technical about it, under AARCMCC rules, it'd qualify as a Truggy. But for the sake of club meetings, nobody cares.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks jarrod,so i can stay in the MT class then, cool
Old 03-02-2008, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_x8
thanks jarrod,so i can stay in the MT class then, cool
for anybody who's interested: http://www.aarcmcc.org/docs/Microsof...es%20rev21.pdf
Old 03-02-2008, 02:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi all, well done to all involved with the working bee, i spent a few hours there this afternoon, and the track has come up a treat, am looking forward to trying out those stutters.
Cheers
Scott
Old 03-02-2008, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ringo
C'mon Paul- you had to choose between a family bbq and a working bee, and you chose the family bbq?!?!?!?
C'mon Jarrod what did you choose when Glenn and i where slaving it out in the heat installing the raised pit lane?!?!?!? if i didnt live 1 hour away from MV i could have dropped down after the b'day lunch dont forget who got nitro at MV started, it sure as hell wasnt you
Old 03-02-2008, 02:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

hi paul, ive been watchin a few of ur vids and they look great, as you may have read we seem to be discussing the dominator(which i have) and whether it should be in the MT class or not, whats ur 2 cents? its out of MT class or buggy, i cant see how i can race in the buggy class myself but, what do you think?
cheers, glad you like the vids, i dont race MT so they are a different language to me, no 2c from me, sorry
Old 03-02-2008, 02:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Paul, he will be on his roof more than on his wheels, so not like hes a threat to the oh so important championship points.

Whos that sexy guy on the right with the Sunnies

Old 03-02-2008, 02:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Integrated
cheers, glad you like the vids, i dont race MT so they are a different language to me, no 2c from me, sorry
its all good, to say nothing is often better than saying something, cos it might start arguments
Old 03-02-2008, 02:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

its all good, to say nothing is often better than saying something, cos it might start arguments
aint that the truth, i just wish certain people would learn to bite there tongue a bit thats all

does anyone have any concerns that the cement ripples might be an issue on the chasis? i guess time will tell
Old 03-02-2008, 02:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

the trucks should be ok, aslong as there is a fair amount of dirt on the ripples it should be fine, well not so hard. time will tell, im sure if someone bends a chassis they will let u know
Old 03-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Like jarrod said they have to be adjusted with more/ less dirt to get the optimal setup for the buggies/truggies.We should be able to get it so that the cars just get unsettled, its not meant to be a set of jumps.But regardless concrete will allways be harder on the chassi than dirt.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dave im sure if you take the boat hull off and fit your plane wings the rumble strips wont bother you.

OK thats enough sarcasm for this week, stay tuned for another episode of "who can chew the most ass"

Same bat time same bat channel.

Oh so these things are concrete?

Wouldnt a better bet be to use the black PVC tubing that you had, dig a half moon trench half the diameter of the PVC tubing, fill the tubing up with Dirt, lay them in the ditch and then put more dirt over the top?

Should be interesting watching the stadium trucks snapping in half, ill just let Myles go first :]

Oh well i spose its a done deal now.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you had of shown up then you could have had a say in the matter.

Yes they are concrete but they are recessed into the dirt so the idea is that just the tops of the the triangles are showing.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

it doesnt sound very forgiving to me, i think there will be a few tears come race day oh well what's done is done, still good of everyone to help out down there, well done guys
Old 03-02-2008, 03:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nar Foordy, i was told too many "Egg Spurts" spoil the broth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.