Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just a question for you guys, obviously when the bobcat comes in all jumps will be flattened and totally rebuilt..
where would you like to see the ripple strip and jumps go, and what style..

we will definately have a ripple strip on the infield section somewhere. im thinking either
(A) in the heart of the infield is that little straight where that dinky little chicance which was a failure
or
(B) instead of the 2 jumps leading out of the infield before the off camber sweeper/final turn.

with the run into the infield being a reasonably fast straight i would like to see some decent jumps (double or triple) about half way down it which will give u about waist-chest high air
Old 10-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yep, the big jumps need to be in the first infield section & maybe leading into a separate berm to keep the cars away from the table top. i was using the table top as a berm while my mate & i were both landing on the berm when we misjudged the jump up onto the table top. could be dangerous. ripples leading into the sweeper would be good to slow the buggies down a bit before you hit that off camber corner.

the infield chicane still may work if the track is smoothed out a bit and the jumps are moved further back down the inside straight.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

lol you really dont like that little chicane do you glenn I think it will be fine once its rolled and smoothed out a bit - cant have the track too fast and flowing because it will become boring.

Personally I dont mind where the ripple thing goes - so long as it is built correctly.

Keep in mind that when the jumps are built they will also need to be rolled at the time otherwise they will definantly fall apart. We found this out the last time the MP track was rebuilt - part of the problem was kids on BMX bikes riding over them and having thier tires dig into the jumps. At MV the problem will be worse, kids on trail-bikes

Gotta love the idea of a triple on the top straight though - cant wait to see some massive air!
Old 10-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

if we get permission to build a fence, trail bikes will be less of a problem, but that is a long term plan. we do need something to keep spectators back away from the track during races though. that bunting will be handy. i can't seem to find any in adelaide though the alsafe website was difficult to navigate through.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by v0rtex
lol you really dont like that little chicane do you glenn I think it will be fine once its rolled and smoothed out a bit - cant have the track too fast and flowing because it will become boring.

Personally I dont mind where the ripple thing goes - so long as it is built correctly.
nah i dont mind about the lil chicane really, im just going by what i heard ppl saying yesterday bout it being too tight especially if we have big jumps leading up to it.. i actually considered making a small jump in place of the 2 little concrete things that make the chicane.. buggies go around the jump and we will see someone get air if they cut the turn.. mt's can use it as a little jump since its too tight for us..

Originally Posted by v0rtex
Keep in mind that when the jumps are built they will also need to be rolled at the time otherwise they will definantly fall apart. We found this out the last time the MP track was rebuilt - part of the problem was kids on BMX bikes riding over them and having thier tires dig into the jumps. At MV the problem will be worse, kids on trail-bikes

Gotta love the idea of a triple on the top straight though - cant wait to see some massive air!
good suggestion about rolling the jumps, we definatly dont want our jumps crushed or broken once the hard work is completed..
I think the triple will be real spectacular, almost as exciting as the table top thats going in right ONTOP the start of the raised section
Old 10-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey Obliv, when's your website going to be back up & running, it's site not found at the moment.

i think i know someone who may be able to help us out with some bunting, i'll make an enquiry & see if he can get some cheap for the club or tell us where to get some from. no promises though.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by promugenman
hey Obliv, when's your website going to be back up & running, it's site not found at the moment.

i think i know someone who may be able to help us out with some bunting, i'll make an enquiry & see if he can get some cheap for the club or tell us where to get some from. no promises though.
it hasnt been down at all mate, the only thing that changed with the site rebuild is the main webpage changed from having Caps in the name (RC-Racing) to being all lowercase (rc-racing)

i did have a mate who had to re-bookmark it because of this?
www.rc-racing.inghams.net
Old 10-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gauntlet
Smoothing out some of the track will give me something to do on Thursday on my day off. Hey Paul, there was a bit more wrong with my buggy apart from the stripped Main Gear. Got some shopping to do.
What else did you break and did you find alot of things had loosened other than your rear chasis brace ?

As for the S-bend i noticed by the time you land from the doubles you dont have time to turn in half the time, its a really tricky section, when i looked at it from the Rostrum i thought it was going to be easy but it wasnt what i expected, its tight as !
Old 10-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

if the first jump becomes the second jump it will be easier, but if we run in the opposite direction it will be just as difficult with those jumps on the short infield section too. until we rebuild the track we may as well just run the same as the MTs. i might try to go down one night after work this week or next week & have a run.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by promugenman
until we rebuild the track we may as well just run the same as the MTs.
yeah i like the sound of that, this weekend i am going to practice using the same layout as the MT's then
Old 10-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integrated
yeah i like the sound of that, this weekend i am going to practice using the same layout as the MT's then
ok then, that shall be the way we run in the meets aswell then..
also, i have changed maximum cars per field to 8. i think it gives everyone a better shot and the track wont be so packed. It also makes it easier to split fields and makes our drop start stand about 1m shorter
Old 10-31-2005, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integrated
What else did you break and did you find alot of things had loosened other than your rear chasis brace ?

As for the S-bend i noticed by the time you land from the doubles you dont have time to turn in half the time, its a really tricky section, when i looked at it from the Rostrum i thought it was going to be easy but it wasnt what i expected, its tight as !
My clutch shoes were so worn that the metal had started to form over the springs. I gotta remember to check these things more often. Out of all of the screws, that was one of the few I must have missed when tightening them up.

I should still be able to get hold of a concrete roller encased in steel as opposed to the water filled ones if that will help?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Just a bit of a heads up. 2 weeks ago I was parked behind the rostrum when a council patrol approached me, threatening me with a $100+ fine if I didn't move my car back to the parking bay, which I reluctanly did. He said there was supposed to be a chain padlocked across the posts so no-one could drive on the reserve, but they haven't done anything about it yet. Just wandering what is the go on race day. Can we park behind the trees behind the rostrum or not?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

if you can get a definate yay or nay on the roller that will be superb.. ill organise for the roller + b/cat to be there on the same day and that would be awesome.

cheers for the offer mate.

as for the parking, i intend to park there again but if we get asked we should move so they dont get upset..
Old 11-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

I've got use of the roller for at least a month so I'll wait to hear when you get hold of the bobcat and then I'll work around that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.