Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks for the offer, but no thanks.. but we are going to try and get some of that orange plastic council fencing they use at parklands etc and use it around the track as a safety fence for spectators...

if you ever hear of anywhere, we are still in desperate need of several tonnes clean dirt/fill though for the bobcat work and resurfacing.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

we could ask the council if they'd like a little dam in the creek that runs by for ducks to swim in . maybe ask the council if they are willing to lend us some of that bunting. the only place i can think of that would sell it would be a place like alsafe safety gear on south road.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by promugenman
maybe ask the council if they are willing to lend us some of that bunting. the only place i can think of that would sell it would be a place like alsafe safety gear on south road.
mate, you must have read my mind. i rang the onkaparinga council not more than 5min ago regarding that and other issues.

old concrete to be removed. (i told them approx 1tonne?) and 3x truckloads of dirt to be dropped off - i got extra to fill those darn pot holes at the gate

someone will let me know regarding bunting (if we get it free or donate) but i like your suggestion re- all safe gear, and since i always have a backup plan ill give them a call now and get the price.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.brenniston.com.au/safety....%20and%20Paint

this is what we want, 70 bucks ish a roll. we need the one with smaller holes like this to stop wheels getting tangled up & snapping a arms.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

30M roll of orange bunting, $34.58 @ proctor alsafe on sth road.

edit: wow, that stuff in your link is a 50m roll so it works out a little dearer, but that fencing is better imo.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

that stuff will be good cut so it isn't as tall to stop cars swapping lanes into the main straight. and it will also stop runaways. should we be inforcing a failsafe rule. i run one on all my nitro vehicles as a rule. they are cheap (from 15-20 dollars) and definitely worth it.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

I'd have entered for the meet but hav a wedding on!
Old 10-26-2005, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by promugenman
should we be inforcing a failsafe rule. i run one on all my nitro vehicles as a rule. they are cheap (from 15-20 dollars) and definitely worth it.
I think its up to the person, all we can do is advise them that its a good idea. Spektrum have one built in too
Old 10-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Speaking of Spektrum they now have a Telemetry Module: Real-time information, check it out: http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/Better/Telemetry.html

i want to go have a few runs at MV 2day and test the new track layout but the weather is looking dodge
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-100_1125.jpg   Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-100_1126.jpg  
Old 10-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

it's raining at my place at the mment, so it's guaranteed to be raining up the hill. i was looking at going up tomorrow morning before lunch with a mate of mine who'll be running his 1/8th too. i hope it dries out before then.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

went to the track this morning, was pretty bumpy & muddy. it was drying out very quick though. a few of the concrete slabs need some dirt piled up at the ends (we both hit the one onto the main straight pretty hard) so if any one is heading there today with a shovel that is something that can quickly be fixed. next time i go i'll be packing a shovell. the bugies will probably need to do the same line as the monster trucks through the infield with the track as bumpy as it is, it's too tight to pull an S especially if you hit the jumps properly. it needs a lot of driving to get the line sorted out, so the more people driving it the nextfew weeks the better.

Obliv, it might be worth sticking up a poster of the race on the rostrum, there was a guy with a MT there who didn't know about the racing, we told him about it & hopefully he will come along.

get out there & run the track in guys, it need it.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

I had a few runs at MV 2day, the new track layout is good but your right about the S-bend jason, its way too bumpy to get threw that section, 2day a guy with a Hyper 7 hit that barrier thats sticking out as you exit the new pit lane, he snapped his shock shaft and broke his wing mount, also he verred onto my side of the track from the back straight and hit me head on, he broke another shock shaft as well, lucky i didnt break anything, we definatley need some sort of tempory barrier on the back straight, me and a kid used some metal poles to cover the exit pit barrier with dirt so if you hit it you'll just launch off into the grass, lucky we did this because shortly after a guy with a Kyosho hit it hard and launched big time in2 the sticks

check out the 2 movies i made from 2days footage:

1. Me and some dude having a run

2. The Kyosho that launched of the pit exit barrier
Old 10-30-2005, 02:36 AM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally Posted by Integrated
I had a few runs at MV 2day, the new track layout is good but your right about the S-bend jason, its way too bumpy to get threw that section, 2day a guy with a Hyper 7 hit that barrier thats sticking out as you exit the new pit lane, he snapped his shock shaft and broke his wing mount, also he verred onto my side of the track from the back straight and hit me head on, he broke another shock shaft as well, lucky i didnt break anything, we definatley need some sort of tempory barrier on the back straight, me and a kid used some metal poles to cover the exit pit barrier with dirt so if you hit it you'll just launch off into the grass, lucky we did this because shortly after a guy with a Kyosho hit it hard and launched big time in2 the sticks
so besides the track still being very choppy, the new layout looked pretty good in the videos (would be cool to see a full lap though) and obviously has the potential we are hoping for..
good job with the patch job on the barriers, thats exactly the sort of initiative i like to hear ppl taking to make it safer for our RC's (breakages look cool, but give you less cars in the field)

if anyone goes out and is feeling energetic, take a shovel and/or metal rake and smooth over some of the bumps. i know it sounds crazy with the track being full of ruts, but if you can take the tops off the extreme ones it will help a little.
As soon as the council dumps our 3 truckloads of dirt there, ill be calling the bobcat in to do some serious trackwork so we can start some serious racing.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Just looking at those video's the track does seem to flow a lot better - should be good fun once the council dumps some real dirt and the surface is worked on a touch.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Smoothing out some of the track will give me something to do on Thursday on my day off. Hey Paul, there was a bit more wrong with my buggy apart from the stripped Main Gear. Got some shopping to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.