Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandpa
Hi Fella's,

Good to see the response from you all. Which ever option we do it will only add another dimension to our track and with a small extension to the track at the back section by the tree will be great additions to what is already a great and challenging track.

Option1 or option2...Hmmmmm. Either way it has to fit within the required space allowed, tomorrow will tell as that is when it's going in and it will be tested with a car, as always our jumps are.

See ya tommorrow.
as always Phil you will make the right decision for what is needed coz I for 1 really don't care as its just another jump I can put my buggy on its lid so ill see ya tomorrow arvo to lend a hand
Old 03-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Sorry guys, unable to help this weekend, am oncall for work, good luck with the proposed works. I will (should) be at the committee meeting Tuesday though.

As others have mentioned, its great to see the club listening to it's members to get an outcome, cant wait for the titles, gonna be awesome, as always
Old 03-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If people just want a big jump why don't they just put a big double instead of wasting more dirt on a couple of mounds that don't need to be there. it will still require the skill that people are talking about to make it and people that can't will just have to roll them. I think the quad will be a marshaling problem as the one that's there still is. It's fine to say there will be 15 marshals when the titles are on, but what happens on club days after the event people will be siting there for 15 mins waiting to get marshaled if someone sees them.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nafhan
If people just want a big jump why don't they just put a big double instead of wasting more dirt on a couple of mounds that don't need to be there. it will still require the skill that people are talking about to make it and people that can't will just have to roll them. I think the quad will be a marshaling problem as the one that's there still is. It's fine to say there will be 15 marshals when the titles are on, but what happens on club days after the event people will be siting there for 15 mins waiting to get marshaled if someone sees them.
+1 on that line of thinking.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Intresting suggestion regarding a double, put it to Phil and see what he thinks? I still reckon offering a 2-2 is better than rolling some singles.

And as far as the existing quad being a marshalling issue, I fail to see what people are talking about, cars that choose to jump it understand that the risk of messing up is loosing time having to be Marshalled, going the 2-2 option is safer and slower, thus the choice is the drivers to make. And the Marshall's safety is priority, so if there are cars coming through when u crash then that's just unfortunate, the Marshall will do there best to get there ASAP, and ultimately that's all they can do, and that is irrespective of a clubby or a state titles.

One of the advantages of having a big jump on the straight, is that it is a straight run up and also it's closest to the drivers stand making it much easier to judge that our current quad, and with a straight run up there is no double to jump before it so In my opinion our current quad will still be the hardest jump, this jump should be relatively simple to do, and therefore shouldn't create to many crashes.

It should acctually be the easiest jump on the track, seeing as it is the ONLY jump the is not out of a corner!

All this discussion is fantastic, everyone gets to have some input and the committe get feedback.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

I agree with nafhan regarding big doubles but then again i also like the straight as it is....

Also I will be cooking a BBQ tomorrow at the working bee.... Hope to see lots there.....
Old 03-08-2014, 02:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey, just wondering if and when the championship points for round 4 will be updated?
Old 03-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pickled Finger
Hey, just wondering if and when the championship points for round 4 will be updated?
done, thanks for the reminder
Old 03-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well boys, the track is now had its makeover, with phill, near living there, it looks excellent, a sweeping double has been put on the straight, the jumps look excellent, and we still have a straight, as part of the change on the straight, pop up and over, down the down ramp and on the gas to the corner, everyone should be happy? phill has done it so everyone can make the double easy, and we still get to flatten it for the remaining distance- should work well.

IMPORTANT- cut off date for ALL entrys is this coming SUNDAY 16th March, so if you don't want to pay LATE FEE, then make yourself financial.

Stewy
SDMCC- secretary
TEAM- phill, dave, Matt, stewy, Daniel
Team supports NEO+ race fuel
Sponsors- RCHZ, MF, MEF- thanks to our sponsors
Old 03-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I wish I went on the forum this morning before I came down here to help finish things off! I'm down at the track now and you're right, she looks great. I'm spewing I didn't bring my car! Haha.

Well done guys and thankyou all very much for your efforts.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mallee RC
Well boys, the track is now had its makeover, with phill, near living there, it looks excellent, a sweeping double has been put on the straight, the jumps look excellent, and we still have a straight, as part of the change on the straight, pop up and over, down the down ramp and on the gas to the corner, everyone should be happy? phill has done it so everyone can make the double easy, and we still get to flatten it for the remaining distance- should work well.

IMPORTANT- cut off date for ALL entrys is this coming SUNDAY 16th March, so if you don't want to pay LATE FEE, then make yourself financial.

Stewy
SDMCC- secretary
TEAM- phill, dave, Matt, stewy, Daniel
Team supports NEO+ race fuel
Sponsors- RCHZ, MF, MEF- thanks to our sponsors
Thanks Stewy for the update.
Pretty much thought i was stuck to that bobcat seat .. Mark Norman and I left the track around 8.30 last night .....been a long day.
But all in all, a job well done to those who helped lend a hand. And I thank all those who shared there input into the changes to the straight, we went with option 2.5....
Although I have shaved off 14 metres of it to allow for the New Double( option 2.5)....I think it will be worth the sacrifice. You still have a short straight that will enable a quick burst of excitement and give your engine a good clean out....'blink' and its all over ...time to brake before the right hander....

Thanks Nathan and Forrdy for the added kicker to the Sky Jump......should make for exciting technical addition. Also the extended track at the back by the tree before the table-top, drop-off has bee extended into the infield to give a bit more track time and add another techincal section with 2 off camber roll overs including the off camber ramp up onto the top table top.
Infield resurfaced, straight resurface and flat not curved as before. And 3 small straights resurfaced as well. The jumps 2 and the landing faces resurfaced and profiled on both triples triples. Landing jump on infield double resurfaced, profiled and made longer.

Apart from general fix up of the triple jumps so the jumps are now all as the original build and the landing ramps having more clay added and profiled right she's looking a killer of a track.

This Sunday's meet will be the test for it...... as it will the last meet before the State Titles.

A BIG THANKYOU goes to Terry Wigzell from I Spy Landscaping who spent the day helping shift and lay down clay with his Bobcat.

Also a BIG THANKS goes to Grant West for his valued time in shuttling the machines to and from his place.

A BIG THANKYOU goes to Mark Lawlor who put up a BBQ for guy's on both Day's.

And a personal note, to all those that came to lend each other a hand and make this weekend a success it was. I thankyou....

P.S About 175 tons was put down in clay
Old 03-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just been down to have a look at the track, wow what a fantastic effort has been made so a huge thanks goes out to the mad man in the bobcat and to all that chipped in to help also a big thanks to mark for the BBQ and drinks. Great job guys now bring on sundays meet keen as
Old 03-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

must come and have a look deffently!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default track

just want to firstly say sorry for unable to help this weekend but just seen the track today and as said before what a great job by those people over the whole weekend.i just wish you made it flat it might suit my driving style a little better LOL.once again congrats to all involved, great job.

andrew steward
Old 03-10-2014, 05:47 AM
Tech Adept

The deadline for entry and payment for this year's Hobby Zone SA State Titles is fast approaching.
This Sunday 16th of March will be the cut off unless you are willing to pay a late entry fee of $30 on top of the initial entry.

Also, anyone who is intending on entering EP, please get your entries and payment in ASAP. We require at least 10 confirmed entries by this Sunday 16th of March for the class to proceed, otherwise it will be removed from the event.

Thanks

Mark Norman
SDMCC Treasurer

Last edited by SDMCC; 03-12-2014 at 01:58 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.