Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default club day

hi guys just wondering if you are running a club on the 29 sept if so will i be able to join and pay the fees on the day if not are you running on the long weekend.
thanks
andrew
Old 09-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default RACE DAY

Originally Posted by andy733
hi guys just wondering if you are running a club on the 29 sept if so will i be able to join and pay the fees on the day if not are you running on the long weekend.
thanks
andrew
Hi Andy, great to see new interest mate. YES im sure phill wants to hold a club meet next Sunday-29th,(8.30am) As with any meet, fees can be payed direct to event coordinator on the day, you can also Borrow a transponder if you don't have your own. Feel free to ask ANYONE at the club if your unsure of the days running! Hope this helps
Stewy
Sponsor's--Mannum Express, Model Flight, RC Hobbyzone, VP Race fuel's.
Team Drivers-Phill, Chucky, Troy, Stewy. ____________
OS Speed, NOVAROSSI-Spektrum-SANWA- AKA

Last edited by mallee RC; 09-23-2013 at 01:27 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mallee RC
Hi Andy, great to see new interest mate. YES im sure phill wants to hold a club meet next Sunday-29th,(8.30am) As with any meet, fees can be payed direct to event coordinator on the day, you can also Borrow a transponder if you don't have your own. Feel free to ask ANYONE at the club if your unsure of the days running! Hope this helps
Stewy
Sponsor's--Mannum Express, Model Flight, RC Hobbyzone, VP Race fuel's.
Team Drivers-Phill, Chucky, Troy, Stewy. ____________
OS Speed, NOVAROSSI-Spektrum-SWANN- AKA
thanks for the reply stewy,will be there on sunday to pay but start racing on the 6/10/13 as can't stay next week
Old 09-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Weather permitting there will be a race meet this coming Sunday the 29th.

Cheers
Old 09-23-2013, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mallee RC
Great idea phill, the less time spent in a season threw winter the better. A Test N Tune day soon would be great for those needing a had hand with there cars setups, tuning and maintaining there cars. Would be great to see a few senior members help out with this. Few guys running at the club will only give up if no one sets them straight! just food for thought! More members we keep the more the club benefits, the better the track can be maintained!! BIG thanks to Phill and Dave for spending a week day up at the track doing maintenance!! GREAT WORK GUYS!!
This is a great idea, I'm still "NEW" having only been into Nitro RC for 9 months now but try and help where I can, or pass the Q to someone I know has the experience.
Here is a link to the "Break in bible" along with the "Tuning bible" an a link to the "Nova link" inside that (The last half really helped me understand).
Also attached is my B-finalist MBX7 setup sheet, I recommend to anyone to build as per kit then change one section at a time to see what does what to your buggies handling.
Maintenance I don't have the strongest track record in but will say the more I aim to improve the more I realise how important it is to keep your gear in top condition.

Till I see you all at the tracks,
Michael.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MBX7_EditableSetupSheet.pdf (355.5 KB, 68 views)
Old 09-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Friday Night racing at Hobby Habit

Hey guys, for those of you who may be interested, the team down at Hobby Habit are now including a 8th scale electric buggy class to our nitro nights. Again, it'll be a open class with no brand restrictions. A minimum of 4 entries will be required to run the class on any given night so charge your lipos and get out there.

Catch you on the grid.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Guys, Thinking of some ways we can help out club to regain some lost funds from winter, Was thinking I may put up a NEW NOVA engine for raffle, a Nova p5 I can sauce from my rusty mate for the club, maybe raffle 100 tickets at $2 and procceds can go to the club. If anyone has some good ideas for raffles please let me know, Was also thinking off Major raffle for end off season, maybe NEW kit or something up for grabs, will see my sponsors regarding this. Or I could maybe do something away from rc and have maybe wheelbarrow full of donations I can organise threw work-Grog, power tools, etc- I raised $2660 for our cricket club last year with this idea, and cost the club ZERO dollars up front-sold 532 tickets at $5 each, wheelbarrow value was $3000 donations. So it can be done with efforts from club members. Any ideas would help out guys- just let me know
cheers stewy
Sponsors-Mannum Express Freight-Model Flight-RC Hobbyzone-VP Race fuel's
Team Drivers-Phill,chucka,troy,stewy
Nova-OS-Spektrum-AKA-Sanwa
Scots rc designz- DS Custom
Old 09-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mad-Hatter
Hey guys, for those of you who may be interested, the team down at Hobby Habit are now including a 8th scale electric buggy class to our nitro nights. Again, it'll be a open class with no brand restrictions. A minimum of 4 entries will be required to run the class on any given night so charge your lipos and get out there.

Catch you on the grid.
I won't be racing tonight as I've been roped into going bowling (gutter balling for me) but will have my dusty ECO out for the following race night.

Michael
Old 09-27-2013, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

Default SUNDAY RACE DAY

Just a reminder to those that may have forgotten that there is a RACE MEET this Sunday the 29th, it is a CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND.

The weather is looking bonza, with a balmy 26 degrees.

I'm just going to throw this out there guys so you can think about it and talk amongst yourselves. On the 15th of December its our end of season break up as per previous years. So for a change this year we are looking to hold a Christmas Enduro to finish of the Champion season.

As most of you by now, know we are running through to next season , so there is no break.
Also just to make life difficult the weekend after is another meet as it is the 1st Sunday. So to meets back to back. Letting you know now incase some
forgot, so your prepared.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wooo Hoooo! another Enduro.

Dear Team OMG,

I would like to apply for one of the available buggy positions.

Kind Regards
Magnuts
Old 09-27-2013, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Why don't we do something different for a change and hold a 1-2 day trophy meet? Call it the Christmas cup, 6 rounds of qualifying, A,B,C bump finals with a 30min amain, 15min lower mains, or go to 45min main if time allows.

Now that would be fun!

Originally Posted by Grandpa
Just a reminder to those that may have forgotten that there is a RACE MEET this Sunday the 29th, it is a CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND.

The weather is looking bonza, with a balmy 26 degrees.

I'm just going to throw this out there guys so you can think about it and talk amongst yourselves. On the 15th of December its our end of season break up as per previous years. So for a change this year we are looking to hold a Christmas Enduro to finish of the Champion season.

As most of you by now, know we are running through to next season , so there is no break.
Also just to make life difficult the weekend after is another meet as it is the 1st Sunday. So to meets back to back. Letting you know now incase some
forgot, so your prepared.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
Why don't we do something different for a change and hold a 1-2 day trophy meet? Call it the Christmas cup, 6 rounds of qualifying, A,B,C bump finals with a 30min amain, 15min lower mains, or go to 45min main if time allows.

Now that would be fun!
Yes it would be fun.......and we still have 3 months to the end of the season, so stay tuned for more.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

RACING IS ON FOR TOMORROW
Old 09-28-2013, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I unfortunately can't race tommorow but I will be coming down for a few hours with my boy, I would just like to let everyone know that I will be there tommorow for a few hours to help out any racers that need it.

Anyone, no matter the car or engine brand that would like help or advice on setup/driving or engine tuning I would be happy to lend a hand. So if you need a hand tuning a motor or want some setup tips/advice come see me tommorow and I will try my best to help with anything you need.

Cheers
Foord
Old 09-28-2013, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
Hey guys,

I unfortunately can't race tommorow but I will be coming down for a few hours with my boy, I would just like to let everyone know that I will be there tommorow for a few hours to help out any racers that need it.

Anyone, no matter the car or engine brand that would like help or advice on setup/driving or engine tuning I would be happy to lend a hand. So if you need a hand tuning a motor or want some setup tips/advice come see me tommorow and I will try my best to help with anything you need.

Cheers
Foord
Thanks for your offer Andrew. Hopefully my tune tomorrow will be reliable and my car will spend more time on the track than it does on the bump box (reckon I've found the prob - been setting my idle gap too wide and running too rich on the bottom).

I'm not fussed that I'm not the fastest, I just wanna get some laps in, I need the practice and experience to improve my driving.

If I flame out mate I will definitely take you up on your offer. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.