Search
Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie 4.6
I already have the hot dogs sorry glen and they have skin!! Ill see if I can pick up a couple of skinless on special order!!!
thats ok mate, dont go to any extra trouble just for me since you've already got them.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Took my little stadium truck down to MV on saturday... and what can i say?? Wow! You guys have done an amazing job. The track is tough (real tough for a 1/10th) but the layout is great and very rewarding to get a clean lap in.

Keep up the great work, will see you at a meet sooner or later (plan on spectating at the next one... hopefully have the truck raceable for the meet after)

BTW nice to meet up, paul - looks like you've got that buggy dialed in!
Old 04-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

for anyone who's interested heres some links to the new P/A system we ordered yesterday. (should be here for this meet!)

we got Power pod 408 with free courier freight from cannon online in Sydney.

A local shop wanted $599 for that same unit with 2x phonic speakers, so the money we saved ($350) is more than enough to cover the cost of 2x high quality horn speakers at a later date if needed.

Cant wait to try it out this meet and see how much of a difference it makes
Old 04-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

out of interest, how has the track held up to the rain we've had recently? it's only a small taste of what's to come over winter & if we can see any areas that need to be fixed now before they're entirely washed away it'd be a good idea to get a working bee organised to get ontop of it.

there's more rain forecast for midweek, but it doesn't look like much. having said that it'll probably be a torrential downpoor .
i hope it isn't, i need time to run my new engine in one night this week. might be a couple of trips to the marion carpark undercover.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bit_Rusty
Took my little stadium truck down to MV on saturday... and what can i say?? Wow! You guys have done an amazing job. The track is tough (real tough for a 1/10th) but the layout is great and very rewarding to get a clean lap in.

Keep up the great work, will see you at a meet sooner or later (plan on spectating at the next one... hopefully have the truck raceable for the meet after)

BTW nice to meet up, paul - looks like you've got that buggy dialed in!
It would be nice to see some ST burning around the track!! I think there were about 5 or 6 at the very first meet at MV, haven't seen any since though??? You have to love a bit of variety!!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

It would be nice to see some ST burning around the track!! I think there were about 5 or 6 at the very first meet at MV, haven't seen any since though??? You have to love a bit of variety!!
Only just got mine and there's a bit to be done before racing it (new tyres, suspension tuning etc) but im dead keen to get down to a meet. Struggled through some of the rougher stuff (note: sideways at 60+km/hr turning right at the end of the straight = rollover lol) but took it all in its stride.

Scary sharing the same patch of real estate as a 1/8th monster though... those things are unreal.

I think paul got some footage of the ST toppling and tumbling on Saturday.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

i'll bring my St down along with the mugen. just finished dropping the new engine in redy to startt running it in tomorrow night. hopefully i'll have enough time to run it in before race day.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Default New Mods.

Just a couple of pics of the old SS now with a few race mods. Can't wait to get a few laps in and see how it goes!
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-101msd-dsc01035_dsc01035.jpg   Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club-101msd-dsc01036_dsc01036.jpg  
Old 04-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by promugenman
out of interest, how has the track held up to the rain we've had recently?
The tripple launch has stood up2 the weather nicely but i had to add more dirt to the doubles on the back straight and roll it again, the stutters are completely gone, alot of loose dirt has formed from track wear and even created a small berm on turn 3 threw to turn 4, the end of the back straight wasnt as bad last time i was there, it was a real mess b4, the straight has got alot more bumpy but thats normal.

i hope we get that cold weather thats forcast ! we'll all be able to run our engines alot leaner and get stacks of power !

Have you got that JP OS V-Spec piston and liner yet Andrew?

Originally Posted by Bit_Rusty
Paul - looks like you've got that buggy dialed in!
yup, i finally got a fuel mix that works with the OS V-Spec, holds its tune and heaps more power
Old 04-04-2006, 02:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

started running in my new Novarossi tonight. boy that engine has some pinch . can't wait to get it dialled in. should be interesting to compare it to the old Novarossi.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Have you got that JP OS V-Spec piston and liner yet Andrew?
yeah i have but i wont be running it it has not been broken in yet i have been really busy lately,and i have been on holiday.unfortunately for me the last time i was at the track i came off the doubles wrong an the car landed vertically on the right front wheel from 2-3 metres and i sheered my front upper arm.and as luck would have it my sponsor had an emegency and had to go to new zealand to work for a week so he cannot ship me the bits.i may get them later this week if not i will run the hyper 7 instead,there is not a chance in hell i am missing out on another meet if i can help it no matter what car im driving.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Andrew its Grant,
You probably heard I finally got my 777. I also bought an RB S7II engine. I am putting it together at the moment but it won't be ready for this meet so its back to the Rex-x for me.
Seeing how your a "team caster driver" shouldn't you be changing your name??
Old 04-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

COLD SOFTDRINK CANS - $2.00 (Thanks to sniffer and Zone 3)

HOTDOG WITH SAUCE - $2.50 (Thanks to Rookie 4.6 and Jims Antennas)
Yep we'll be there with our refreshments (again ALL takings donated back to the club).

We are usually there fairly early, but, if others get there before us can you please ensure an "up front" position is reserved for the refreshments tents - we want to take full advantage of sales to the crowd as well !

Looking forward to seeing how Rookies race-improved Savage goes (nice pics btw)

Had a bit of a spin out at the track on Sunday - it appears alot of the surface has washed away leaving hardened potholes especially at the end of front and back straights - it was tuff enough getting through with the Savage, how are the buggies handling the pot holes?

Darren
Old 04-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sniffer
Yep we'll be there with our refreshments (again ALL takings donated back to the club).

We are usually there fairly early, but, if others get there before us can you please ensure an "up front" position is reserved for the refreshments tents - we want to take full advantage of sales to the crowd as well !

Looking forward to seeing how Rookies race-improved Savage goes (nice pics btw)

Had a bit of a spin out at the track on Sunday - it appears alot of the surface has washed away leaving hardened potholes especially at the end of front and back straights - it was tuff enough getting through with the Savage, how are the buggies handling the pot holes?

Darren
ill save the same spot for you as last time, right up the start of the treeline.

Might be good for a few ppl to bring shovels/spades on raceday so we can smooth out some of the major bumps before the meet.

New p/a arrived an hr ago, now i just have to change the plugs on our speaker cables, then i'll give it a test
Old 04-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

we have the agility to drive around them and the speed to skip over them .

looking forward to sunday, i'm assuming parking fees will be required at the gate prior to entry glenn?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.