Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

KNOX Offroad Vic

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rope smoker
thanks you soooooooooooooo much DR Rudi. I've tried everything to get rid of the sore, now its cleared up I can wear my pants a little lower and smoke some ropes again....

Dr Rudi is there anything you can't fix????
Hello Again. Dr Rudi here.

Thank you Rope Smoker for you letter. It's always satisfying to any professional to hear that all the study and hours of unpaid overtime as a junior doctor help our patients to feel better, even getting back to their favourite pastimes when they have a moment alone with that special someone.

Your letter made for quite the discussion around the water cooler at the surgery. Myself and the other good doctors all agreed that treatment should improve the lives of our patients using the best medicine has to offer.

That brings us to an important issue about medicine. Medicine can only take us so far, and there is one medical condition that neither myself or my colleagues just cant always seem to fix, no matter how hard we try.

It's called........... Being a D%$khead.

We here at the surgery are seeing more and more of this horrible affliction, with patients coming in and asking: "Dr Rudi, I think I might be a D%$khead, what can I do? Tell me Dr Rudi, can I ever get over this or am I going to die with this condition?"

Well, I've got some good news for you all.

Most of the time, being a D%$khead can be cured, and seeing that you might be a D%$khead is the first step on your path to recovery.

You may have been told by your wife, your girlfriend or your chums. Sometimes a complete stranger on the street will be the first to let you know that you might have this terrible disease!

Some good news is that most of the time it is easy to identify. If someone yells across a car park "You are a D%$khead!" Its a good indication that something might be........not quite right.

What I suggest is taking a good hard look at yourself. Not the kind of Hard we prescribe for people who need to Harden the Fcuk up, but a good long stare into the mirror. After a few minutes, it should become clear whether you are a D%$khead or not, and once you know you can train your mind to think: If I do this will I look like a D%$khead. If you can answer that question "No" and people stop yelling at you across car parks, you are completely cured.

Only in the most extreme cases can being a D%$khead not be cured. In this case, we can only suggest becoming friends with other D%$kheads and leaving the rest of us alone, free to enjoy our happy D%$khead free lives. My favourite treatment for this type of patient is relocation. Moe seems to be a nice place and there plenty of D%$kheads there, so you'll fit in just nicely.

Well, that's all for tonight, I look forward to chatting to all next time

-Dr Rudi
Old 01-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh champ, that's got a heap on it..................
Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Its sad but the Dr is right !
Old 01-08-2009, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

if I was going to buy a house, which suburbs has less D%ckheads then others??
Old 01-08-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

So is anyone going to coax the Numan out of his burrow for this W/E? I heard a rumor that he would do the summer series, but it has so far proven false.

Willy? Youre the man for the job, I reckon
Old 01-08-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by willabong
Try this joint. No guarantee about the Dr Rudi problem, though.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1231416138
Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by willabong
Willabong, will your house mate be joining you in the move?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Cheapest rc to start racing?

Hey, i found out about this track not long ago. I would like to occasionaly race here, but with the rc car i have (monster truck) i would not be able to race. There are quite a lot of evaders racing at this track, so the evader would probably be better for racing, but i would probably be doing more bashing then racing so do you guys thing the rustler would be best for me, or do you suggest anything else, i dont want to pay to much either??
Thanks
Old 01-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mattchis
Willabong, will your house mate be joining you in the move?
With a bit of luck........ She is much better looking than Burt Reynolds
Old 01-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damo_MadTruck
Hey, i found out about this track not long ago. I would like to occasionaly race here, but with the rc car i have (monster truck) i would not be able to race. There are quite a lot of evaders racing at this track, so the evader would probably be better for racing, but i would probably be doing more bashing then racing so do you guys thing the rustler would be best for me, or do you suggest anything else, i dont want to pay to much either??
Thanks

Generally most of the traxxas stuff or more bashin rather than racing. That being said knox has recently just had its 1st meeting with slash racing. Seems to be a mega fun category. They can be had for around the $400 mark if you can find one as they have sold out over xmas. Possibly a 2nd hand b4 may be another option, rollers can be bought for 150-200$ and they are excellent buggys.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Damo_MadTruck
Thanks
Firstly, go secondhand. You will save heaps. People have raced with a rustler before, but it has ended up a rather expensive excersise, as human nature being what it is, they tend to buy "Hop ups" galore, but the fundamentals of the truck don't justify the expense. An Evader ST is a cheap option, and a much better vehicle than a rustler in it's fundamentals. They are a good basher, as well.

The Rustler limits the "universal options" like compatible wheels etc, and the bearings in them are under spec, so flog out in no time when you put them on a track.

If, however you love the rustler (nothing wrong with that, I have a soft spot for the bandit) and want NIB the Hobbyman in Dandy is very price competitive.

Come down to the track on a race-day, and have a chat. There are plenty of people who will help you make your decisions.

Cheers
-Ant
Old 01-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

I forgot to mention, The T4 is a great competitve truck, and I'm sure you could use it as a basher, but on the track, they go really well. They do cost, though. I built one up recently, and all told from start to finish it set me back about $800 less receiver. It has a 17.5B/L and lip powerplant, which do cost, but like L'oeral product advertising tells me every night: "I'm worth it" and I'm too ugly to get any help from a moisturiser, so RC it is.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ant0276
... I'm too ugly to get any help from a moisturiser, so RC it is.
That should help this thread get back off track again, like it has been the past few days.....

Alex
Old 01-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by I'm_Serious
That should help this thread get back off track again, like it has been the past few days.....

Alex
Careful, with talk like that we'll get another medical explanation, followed by someone telling us to dry our eyes
Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Or a little yellow clad man telling you harden the fcuk up !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.