Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMA Night Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If more people turned up ealier on the member night, then the track would be propably secured. As a non member (taking a break), i was there setting up for last tuesday's practice.

The guys offering to run a members night should not have to ask for help. The members on the other hand who want to run on the members night, should get there early and help set up.

As for the orange pipe in the middle of the track, from the discussion that I had with Matt at the track, it will be secured and the end of the pipe blocked in some way.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Decathalon
It is a little different to around the perimeter fence, as on the fence if hit it can't go anywhere, that section between the infield and straight moves half the time its hit, usually into the oncoming traffic. Needs at minimum to have all sections including perimeter secured together. If you need a hand Den with mods to the pipe/ securing it, let me know.
once the pipe is secured it will be no different to hitting the perimeter pipe ,if anything it will have some flex and move slightly against the road rail,the perimeter pipe if against the fence has no give,i said at practice nights,that drivers who hit the track and disturb itys position should go and fix it since there are no marshals, thats why there were 3 broken cars that night including mine in future the track will be secured
properly before any racing begins
Old 05-01-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Exclamation

ALL the damage done to my cars - ever - has been from the ends of those damn orange pipes! So far the count is two xray bottom decks(!$$!), two A arms, a C hub and more bumpers (and upper and lower bumper mounts) than I can count. (The wife says "so stop crashing into them..." D'oh, I hate it when she's right!)

The problem is only when they are hit end-on; the infield ones are the worst as even with witches hats (which MOVE when hit btw) the ends are not properly secured. I've been pondering some sort of foam block that fits onto the end, so won't move under an impact... anyone have any spongy foam blocks handy??
Old 05-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Yep, I have a small amount of spongey foam, I'll bring it along tonight.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Beauty, thanks!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default 1/12th at SMA

Hi guys, do you run 1/12th scale at SMA??? If so, what limitations, if any, are there, ie stock motors only, or max battery capacities. And also do you run them for 5 or 8 min heats/finals.

Thanks for any info.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by $$$...
Hi guys, do you run 1/12th scale at SMA??? If so, what limitations, if any, are there, ie stock motors only, or max battery capacities. And also do you run them for 5 or 8 min heats/finals.

Thanks for any info.
yes we have been running 12 scale.
4 cell ,open motor,4 drivers for a class to run.tomorrow nite is sma next nite meeting, 2 heats + 1 5min only due to limited time frame, finish by 10.30 .lights out at 11pm
registration 6 -7.30pm or u can call,check official sma website
http://www.smaracing.org/
cheers
Old 05-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by $$$...

Thanks for any info.
Yep as Dennis said we do. We've only just started running them, but so far so good. We ran 5 mins last time but I'll try for 8 mins from now on ( Please Matt can we run 8 mins for 1:12? ) If you have a 1:12 scale car, bring it down tommorrow night, the more the merrier. Tire wise, so far Jaco Purple front and TRC Platinum rears seem to have ok traction and balance at SMA. As the track is short you don't need a very hot mod motor, I've run 10x2 but my 13x2 is fine at SMA.

Cheers too

If you haven't already seen them :
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110961 SMA 1:12 Thread
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37 More 1:12 information than you can poke a stick at, very useful, but 600 pages!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

good job to all SMA members and racers. i wish i could of been there either racing or helping for the full day.

good job to Nick J in mod with an excellent result.
good job to nick T in 540
good job tot he stock guys, i heard you guys monged yourselves out of contention in the finals but the qualifying for team SMA in stock was really impressive! (4 drivers in the top 6!?)
good job to BK as well in stock, one oft he few stock drivers who stayed out of trouble in the finals from what i was told

mad mad mad and the club, and the track looked really well presented, as well as looking the part with all the drivers, it's a shame about the bloody trees blowing stuff on the track though.

the road rail with the pvc pipe modification at vital points did it's job as well. what i noticed is it lifted up in one particular section when it was hit. i think to fix this all we have to do nextime is duct tape the pipe to the floor, this will stop it from shifting, and fliping over.

i'm sure Matt was beeming inside ....did the cook go Barristic at anyone during the day though?
Old 05-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

what layout do we use tonite our regular tuesdaynite (image1) or the last sundays
c/c layout (image 2)??????
Attached Thumbnails SMA Night Racing-tuesdaynitetrack.jpg   SMA Night Racing-cctrack.jpg  
Old 05-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Official word is that the club challenge layout will remain for a little while yet. I hope this is end of discussion.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

feed back from some sma drivers was that they were not happy with the southern corner being changed as u can see it had more of a curve
Old 05-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 09/05/06

Anybody up for a mod challenge tonight????
Old 05-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can we keep the CC layout? It would be nice to have a solid track design for a few meetings....

Whos in for 540 tonight?
Old 05-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Got the TT01 patched up for one final race meet. So count me in for 540

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.