Not Another Car .......

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not Another Car .......

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

hahaha, that is so funny! all the FK guys jumped the ship, now there's a new hpi.

that top deck looks flexy dude. maybe not the best for foams.

so are any of the "fk jumping to pro4" guys gonna sell their pro 4's?

honestly all these new car designs,gets so bloody tiring.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (92%+)

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
hahaha, that is so funny! all the FK guys jumped the ship, now there's a new hpi.

that top deck looks flexy dude. maybe not the best for foams.

so are any of the "fk jumping to pro4" guys gonna sell their pro 4's?

honestly all these new car designs,gets so bloody tiring.
yeah i'm a so called "FK jumper". and i have no regrets.

aven if i decide to buy the new HB car or the xray. i will still keep the pro4. and i know many others will to. because it is such a nice car.

yeas i would agree that top deck does look very 'flexy'. i'm shure it won't be too bad the have probably countered the flex some how.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

maybe if it's bad with foams, everyone else in australia will finally see the light and stop using them!

control rubber, like the rest of the world races on!
Old 02-20-2005, 03:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I hear rumours abour Europe (EFRA) is drawing up a set of rules for adoption of foam for IFMAR, what will all the rubber lovers do then? use the excuse that full size cars run rubber?
Old 02-20-2005, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Not Another Car .......

you know you're sponsored when the stands on your table cooling fan are annodised also is hara going balled? must be the stress Surikarn is putting on him
Old 02-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by StasI
everything is a copy of the TRF 415 !!

What happened to the good old Shaft cars ??

At the end of the day everyone copied tamiya they did after all start the touring car trend ...................so why stop now
Old 02-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jaybo
maybe if it's bad with foams, everyone else in australia will finally see the light and stop using them!

control rubber, like the rest of the world races on!

I would imagine that the car was designed to be run with rubbers.
Looks very nice
Old 02-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Besercoe
I hear rumours abour Europe (EFRA) is drawing up a set of rules for adoption of foam for IFMAR, what will all the rubber lovers do then? use the excuse that full size cars run rubber?
we'll probably end up running foam, because that will be in line with the world standards... OH MY GOD THAT JUST MADE SENSE!

or you might find that everyone will keep using rubber, because it's just so much easier to set up your car with (rollout.... changing rideheights & rollcentres!? hahaha)

most of the guys up in queensland are starting to see the light and move over to rubbers, maybe one day the rest of the country will too.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Now now, thats enough about rubber/foam, we're here to discuss that merrits of this loverly purple piece of machinery and its relations to the rest of the cars on the market.
Won't be to long before Elect TC will be like 1/8th scale, almost all the chassis look the same, the colour of the bodies will be the only difference.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

oh yeah, the car ~

there's only so much you can do to make cars look different at a chassis level when the only major choice you have is belt/shaft.

i think i'll be getting one of these new cars, i was just about to organise getting a new pro4 kit, but i think i'll hold off a bit longer for the HB chassis to come out
Old 02-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jalk75
At the end of the day everyone copied tamiya they did after all start the touring car trend ...................so why stop now
The prototype HPI is not just a copy, it looks like they have made a few improvements. I noticed the removal of the diff will be made very easy seeing how you will not need to undo the top deck. I can't believe its taken that long for someone to do this.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

it's funny how everyone comares this type of chassis layout to the tamiya.... when really the yokomo mr-tc4 was the first to my knoledge to use this "type" of layout, correct me if i am wrong!!!

BIG DAVE
Old 02-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

people must just hate HPI or something

when it had a shaft, it was a tc3 copy
it has a belt now, so it must be a copy of a 415!

because of course, the 415 is the only belt drive carbon deck car on the market!
Old 02-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

and the 415 was a copy of a tech racing car (or another of the japanese exotics i forget) and such and such is a copy of whatever... does it actually matter?

each rendition of the "touring car" be it shaft or belt must include some elements of whats gone before... oldfart is right ... before too long just change the body colour

just goes to show there is nothing new under the sun

(its about time the rubber v foam "discussion" was reinvigourated... now how does one run a search for old threads )
Old 02-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

yea exactly, it's not as though you can jsut like include an extra 3 wheels to make it different or something.

if something works well, keep working on that design and make small changes to make it better, look at the TC3-TC4 progression, when i first saw it i couldnt actually tell the difference (hell i still cant if i dont see the little air intake thing), although from what i hear it's a completely different car to drive.

as for the tyres, i'll meet you over at the other thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.