Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree116Likes

Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

All's good Mr Blurs, hopefully with Durango next to my name I'll perform a little better. Happy New Year to all of the crew down there. Should see you all very soon. Bruce C.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dos Andos
So anyone get anything new for Christmas for the 2015 season...?
Had a visit from Santa Dos! Got everything I need to race 2wd stock now! Bring on 2015... When we racing?!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Disarm
Had a visit from Santa Dos! Got everything I need to race 2wd stock now! Bring on 2015... When we racing?!
What car you going to run? ( or is it still the Carr ? )
Old 01-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey guys been a while. Me n the boy are going to come out and do some off road this year. What fdr are u guys running for stock 4wd and by the looks of it mid mount 2wd is is working well on the track now? When is the first meet scheduled. See u all soon?
Old 01-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hyper Sean
Hey guys been a while. Me n the boy are going to come out and do some off road this year. What fdr are u guys running for stock 4wd and by the looks of it mid mount 2wd is is working well on the track now? When is the first meet scheduled. See u all soon?
Hi. Im floating around 6 fdr for stock in 2 & 4wd. Depending on motor etc it does vary a bit. Probably best to start on the conservative side and increase the pinion size while keeping an eye on your temprature.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Unfortunately I ran out of battery juice half way through the 2nd ST race.

+ YouTube Video
Old 01-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hyper Sean
Seems to depend a bit on your motor. Different motors need more/less gearing.

4WD
I'm running 5.6/5.4 with the Trinity D4, but 6/5.8 with the Speed passion MMM was the spot it didn't cook it self .

2WD Rear
Speed Passion MMM - 5.83/6
R1 Wurks - 5.66 (top end was good, bottom lacked a little need to play some more)

2WD Mid
Speed Passion MMM 5.85/5.6
R1 Wurks - 5.5/5.68 (mid gear box seem to like the R1 better, good power band)

But as always, variables between cars Can't recall what Rick is running in his BMAX4 III, but its got some beans now.

Also running WTF Trumpet Fans in current hot days

Will be good to get a few more stockers

See ya when we start !
Old 01-04-2015, 12:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi all,

Future competitor here, went to the track today and ran a few packs, came to the conclusion - I need a lot more practice,

Just wondering if anyone has a second hand motor and esc combo eligible to run stock for sale? I know it's a long shot but looking to spend approx $100.

The current system i use would be ineligible for stock, I thought maybe someone may upgrading and/or moving up to mod this year.

If not, I will look to buying the 17.5t hobby king roar approved combo or the speed passion 17.5t combo, anyone had any experience with either of these two?

Chris
Old 01-04-2015, 01:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Reflexia
What car you going to run? ( or is it still the Carr ? )
Got Dos's B5 with B5M kit.... Its in mid mount form atm. Keen to try it out soon! Not sure what to expect from Mid mount.... But seemed to work for you!
Old 01-04-2015, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

Got Dos's B5 with B5M kit.... Its in mid mount form atm. Keen to try it out soon! Not sure what to expect from Mid mount.... But seemed to work for you!
I'm going to give my Losi a crack in mid mount also, always keen to try something new.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bisso888
Hi all,

Future competitor here, went to the track today and ran a few packs, came to the conclusion - I need a lot more practice,

Just wondering if anyone has a second hand motor and esc combo eligible to run stock for sale? I know it's a long shot but looking to spend approx $100.

The current system i use would be ineligible for stock, I thought maybe someone may upgrading and/or moving up to mod this year.

If not, I will look to buying the 17.5t hobby king roar approved combo or the speed passion 17.5t combo, anyone had any experience with either of these two?

Chris
Me and Rick started out with the HobbyKing 17.5T. It did an 'ok' job. The ESC in that combo is not great (read terrible), their Gen II 120A are much better or their HobbyWing V2 Clone (X-Car 120A or X-car 60A). Motor is not as torque filled as others, but a great starter motor. (allowed us to decided if we liked stock with minimal outlay )

I've been running the SpeedPassion 17.5 (mmm and Comp v3 ) recently. Both versions are great for 2wd. In 4WD it required me to play with the gearing a little to get a good balance of power and temp. For the price, the speed Passions are great motors. (their new 17.5 motor will be out 'soon', so the current gen can be had quite cheaply at the moment from walterrcHobbies and other re-sellers with stock).

Which buggy are you planning on running?

Last edited by Reflexia; 01-04-2015 at 01:55 AM.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

Sticking with the Team Assoc eh?

Yeah, I'm enjoying the Mid mount have been testing it along side my rear mount... its been a nightmare. Find a new line on one car, get it going well, swap to the other car, try that out, find a slightly different line.. there are infinite lines!
Ever increasing speed though and more track time is more track time

Can't wait to get back into racing as long as the track is ready to go
Old 01-04-2015, 01:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bisso888
Hi all,

Chris
I can certainly recommend speed passion, Walter RC hobbies do some good deals on ebay for their combos. I have the V3 17.5t, for the price its a fantastic motor and its very competitive.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Reflexia
Me and Rick started out with the HobbyKing 17.5T. It did an 'ok' job. The ESC in that combo is not great, their Gen II 120A are much better or their HobbyWing V2 Clone (X-Car 120A). Motor is not as torque filled as others, but a great starter motor. (allowed us to decided if we liked stock with minimal outlay )

I've been running the SpeedPassion 17.5 (mmm and Comp v3 ) recently. Both versions are great for 2wd. In 4WD it required me to play with the gearing a little to get a good balance of power and temp. For the price, the speed Passions are great motors. (their new 17.5 motor will be out 'soon', so they can be had quite cheaply at the moment ).

Which buggy are you planning on running?
Hi Reflexia,

I have a b4.2 FT, I definitely gave it hard time today and it didn't miss a beat, I am very happy with its durability.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for a speed passion combo.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by murco
I can certainly recommend speed passion, Walter RC hobbies do some good deals on ebay for their combos. I have the V3 17.5t, for the price its a fantastic motor and its very competitive.
Thanks Murco, I will check it out now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.