Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree116Likes

Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway Inc.

Welcome to the Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway Inc thread...

We are a group of people passionate about promoting and establishing a strong 1/10th Off-Road Electric Radio Controlled Racing in Adelaide with one of the best tracks in Australia. We also wish to promote a family friendly environment along with support and teaching of techniques within all facets of racing no matter your experience.

ARCR is a not for profit club and at this point in time we are trying to locate some land to start building our track. We have a group of people who are committed to this happening and welcome anyone else aboard who feels the same passion as we do. Our plan is to offer a variety of racing from the diversity of cars and classes in 1/10th RC electric including Buggies and Short Course Trucks.

Our Mission Statement
“To provide a facility that promotes and encourages the participation of Radio Controlled Racing with family friendly value; support and education to all members and patrons of Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway Inc., along with the fun and excitement that Radio Controlled Racing has to offer.”

Stay tuned website is coming....
Old 06-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well done to all involved in organising their time and effort getting this off the ground...... Adelaide with its own 1/10 track what a future for electric...
Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by window mark
Well done to all involved in organising their time and effort getting this off the ground...... Adelaide with its own 1/10 track what a future for electric...
I agree, a big thankyou goes out to all who have been involved.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Yes very exciting to get the club incorperated....
There were a few setbacks but now that's taken care of we can really move forward. Lots to do but we have a good group and more interested parties coming.
If anyone wants to get involved please don't be shy and let us know.
Also don't be shy with any suggestion or contacts you may have.
At the moment we are at a very early stage, we have no track or timing gear just some very keen and dedicated people but what we do have is a lot of interest and demand in getting this club up and going...

Also it has been brought to my attention that we might be discriminating in our mission statement. Please let me make it clear that all are welcome. Not just families. People who aren't liked with no friends are also welcome.
And yes that includes you Dazz lol...
Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Will be great to see 1/10th scale offroad racing make a comeback in Adelaide, keep up the good work guys
Old 06-06-2012, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well done guys and girls! looking forward to it!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good work, folks

Any chance it be for a 1/8th scale electric too?
Old 06-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hengsta
Good work, folks

Just a guess but i reckon NO
Old 06-07-2012, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

And yes that includes you Dazz lol...[/QUOTE]

lol JUST BECAUSE I LIKE PLAYING WITH DIRT, WHEELBARROWS,AND SHOVELS, MORE THAN MOST PEOPLE. hobo racing thanks you for kind words as usual.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hengsta
Good work, folks

Hi Hengsta,
Personally I'd love to see 1/8th electric take off but we are concentrating on 1/10 electric...
Main reasons being that there isn't the demand for it at this stage. Also we don't want to encroach on SDMCC who are catering for that class. There is also the fact that we are in the hands of the council with how much land if any they are prepared to allocate to us. A 1/8th track needs to be bigger.
But you never know what the future holds...
Cheers Andy
Old 06-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

This is fantastic, well done everyone, this is just what SA needs, a dedicated 1/10 facility to cater to the interest re-established by the invent of Brushless and Lipo technology. Keep it up.

P.S. To Hengsta, bring your 1/8 electric down to SDMCC at Morphet Vale, race on a prepared true 1/8 track, where your buggy belongs.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Andy

There is a nice piece of land on the corner of Bower road and Old Port road near West Lakes river. Its an old bmx track that doesnt get used except for occasionally by rc guys. Maybe you could persuade the council to let you re-shape it and put a rostrum up for a club.

Cheers
Marius
Old 06-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default old clubs

hi all i have benn out of rc cars for a long time but what ever happened to the track at penfield park?? was part of the model engineers club??? when i was racing there it was pretty big..
Old 06-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Daddycool
Andy

There is a nice piece of land on the corner of Bower road and Old Port road near West Lakes river. Its an old bmx track that doesnt get used except for occasionally by rc guys. Maybe you could persuade the council to let you re-shape it and put a rostrum up for a club.

Cheers
Marius
Originally Posted by sdrob
hi all i have benn out of rc cars for a long time but what ever happened to the track at penfield park?? was part of the model engineers club??? when i was racing there it was pretty big..
I know what you mean...
In the late 80's early 90's rc was booming. 1/10th off road had tracks at SDMCC, Mitchell pk, angle pk, penfield, Murray bridge, port augusta, ingle farm and some indoor racing in winter... Love to know what happened?
If there is anyone out there that can fill in the mystery please let us know.
ARC Raceway will be looking for members soon so if your keen to be part of it and you would like to see a return to the "glory days" then take a small gamble and join a club that could make it a reality...
WE WANT YOU!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
i believe the old owners of the track just grew out of it as the track / club was done for their sons, andy i am 5 min from penfeild i will pop in and check it out, i do know it is still closed off as they have the shooting club there so i will check it out and see whats left. may be a good option if all is good, hope you guys do well either way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.