Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree116Likes

Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 01:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The missus and I will finally be attending for the first time this weekend, she's raised a few important questions that didn't cross my man-brain.

1. We don't have any fold out table for pit work...yet. Is this a necessity?

2. Lack of power source for charging batteries apart from our car's battery

3. What else would we need to bring apart from our cars, tools, transponder and ourselves?
Old 01-06-2014, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marco cianfrone
Don t worry about the driving because no one can practice on the track untill saturday, not even "THE Dos"
saturday hmmmm.... does that mean a sneaky 6am practice lap or 30 is in order??

I for one, am very keen to drive a modified(new) layout of the track. Just hours before it was "altered" I was having a couple of laps and decided to run a few laps in reverse direction for the hell of it.... and loved the challenge of new lines, new corners, different approach speeds etc.
As the only real race track I have driven on is MP, I know i'm not the most qualified to comment on layout changes but im sure everyone will enjoy the challenge of the layout.
Just my 2c...... but I would invite all members to race the track on saturday and beyond, then provide some constructive feedback which can be put to the committee for review. Possibly a slip of paper (ballot style) to each racer on saturday asking for some pros and cons from members however inexperienced they are.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LaserPimp
The missus and I will finally be attending for the first time this weekend, she's raised a few important questions that didn't cross my man-brain.

3. What else would we need to bring apart from our cars, tools, transponder and ourselves?
Fold out table = Bunnings $50ish, Hat, Sunscreen, Lunch
Most people have either enough batteries for the day or some sort of charging source. Your car battery is always you last resort and does`nt usually pose any problems.
Have fun.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Bring on Saturday I just want to race as it's been too long since I last raced
I'm back to my red and white for 2014
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway Inc.-img2.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 001casey
Fold out table = Bunnings $50ish, Hat, Sunscreen, Lunch
Most people have either enough batteries for the day or some sort of charging source. Your car battery is always you last resort and does`nt usually pose any problems.
Have fun.
Sweet, will try and get to bunnings before race day and will have everything sorted. Thanks heaps

Perhaps at some point there could be a page on the website with a basic list of "what you will need\may want to bring? This would certainly make it less daunting for newbs such as myself.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Might be nice to race on the new track Saturday , before we throw our 2 dollars , down on the forum , my team happy to race any track , anywhere as long as we are having fun .......
Who knows it might be the best track in Australia , we asked for a change , the comittee listened , hats off to them , helpers for the new track .....
Old 01-06-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Some coin for a yearly membership also. I think its 45 buck but people correct me if im wrong
Old 01-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sweet, will try and get to bunnings before race day and will have everything sorted. Thanks heaps

Perhaps at some point there could be a page on the website with a basic list of "what you will need\may want to bring? This would certainly make it less daunting for newbs such as myself.
Mate please don't be intimidated. Just come down have some fun. No one's there to judge. Everyone was a newbie at some stage
When you first get there Saturday come up and see us and I can give you a quick run down on the days schedule...
Old 01-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well done on the track hope I can make it can't wait to race on the new track.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'd say you could get by however if you need to work on the car for any reason it will certainly make life soooo much easier.

I actually use a 12V car battery to "top up" my lipo's. I only have 2 per car so I need to keep charging.

Just food, water etc. I would try to get there a bit earlier so you can see whats happening find out where you could pit from meet a few of the organizers they're all really helpful its nice.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

More straw little camel, more straw
lol the elderly these days.. =-X

Originally Posted by ammitt
It looks awesome to me, 0f course the racing flow will change , thats part of having a new track. The corners dont look identical so the 180's will develop different lines as you will have different approach speeds. I reckon it looks like a metric ton of fun. Thats just my opinion . It might be biased cos i havent drven my car for 3 months. I might just be a bit toey.
Exactly Adam.. That is the way we were looking at it..!

+1. I also like the new S at the back after the triple with an off camber corner and there are 3 consecutive 180 and not 4 with different lenght, different speed and different obstacles in.
Don t worry about the driving because no one can practice on the track untill saturday, not even "THE Dos"
I have a funny feeling the small practice session in the morning will be veeerrryyyy busy...

Officeworks for the table, bit cheaper I think from memory.. I used a crate and my pit box for a few weeks until got a table and wasn't a big problem..!

And rest as mentioned.. It's all good fun...!

Originally Posted by BigBangPro
saturday hmmmm.... does that mean a sneaky 6am practice lap or 30 is in order??

I for one, am very keen to drive a modified(new) layout of the track. Just hours before it was "altered" I was having a couple of laps and decided to run a few laps in reverse direction for the hell of it.... and loved the challenge of new lines, new corners, different approach speeds etc.
As the only real race track I have driven on is MP, I know i'm not the most qualified to comment on layout changes but im sure everyone will enjoy the challenge of the layout.
Just my 2c...... but I would invite all members to race the track on saturday and beyond, then provide some constructive feedback which can be put to the committee for review. Possibly a slip of paper (ballot style) to each racer on saturday asking for some pros and cons from members however inexperienced they are.
When the racing stops the BS stops they say... Lets race..!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hi All,

Just a friendly reminder if you have not already paid your 2014 membership .

Cheers Matt
ARCR Public Officer

Originally Posted by Reflexia
Membership fees

Adelaide Radio Controlled Raceway would like to invite all current and prospective members to renew or take up a 2014 membership. Current memberships will expire at the end of the 2013 year. The new championship season will begin on the 11th of January. Memberships will need to be renewed before this time to be eligible for championship points, ARCMACC affiliation and to be covered by the clubs insurance...
Membership will remain the same price as 2013 at $45. Race fees for members will remain the same also at $10 first class and $5 for every class there after. Non members race fees have been increased to $20 and $10 respectively. We encourage everyone to take up the 2014 membership as the more members the club has the more successful, financial and established we appear in the eyes of council. This will be important in 2014 with the track move and any other facilities we might be provided with. ARCR has come a long way since the beginning of the year and things are looking rather positive for the next season. The club thanks all involved for their support and hopes to see you all racing 1/10th offroad in 2014...

Payments for new memberships can be made anytime either at race meets or direct deposit. Renewals must be done via Direct Depost asap.

Credit Union SA
Adelaide radio controlled raceway inc
BSB:- 805-007
Acc no:- 8005782

Please make sure you put your name on transfer.
Thank you
ARCR
Old 01-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hope I don`t tread on any ones toes here but can I make a suggestion please?

As this is the first round of 3 qualifiers and 3 finals as discussed at the AGM how does the committee and club members feel about dropping 1 final and run a 5 minute practice for each heat before the 1st qualifier. This will give everyone a free run/practice and it will also sweep the track a little before actual racing starts. I am sure everyone is as keen as I am to get on the track but I cant see the rostrum holding 60 of us at once.
I understand there is a committee meeting tonight and you guys need something to talk about.

Anyone for a +1?
Old 01-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

+10. I say YES. I think is a great option. Everyone will start the race with the same amount of practice.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hope I don`t tread on any ones toes here but can I make a suggestion please?

As this is the first round of 3 qualifiers and 3 finals as discussed at the AGM how does the committee and club members feel about dropping 1 final and run a 5 minute practice for each heat before the 1st qualifier. This will give everyone a free run/practice and it will also sweep the track a little before actual racing starts. I am sure everyone is as keen as I am to get on the track but I cant see the rostrum holding 60 of us at once.
I understand there is a committee meeting tonight and you guys need something to talk about.

Anyone for a +1?
+10. I say YES. I think is a great option. Everyone will start the race with the same amount of practice.
The committee always has too much to talk about, we don't need anything else.......

I already have this on my list, will keep everyone posted

Matt G - ARCR public officer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.