Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

Meakin Park Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I am thinking of racing the presidence cup. Just waiting on details first to see what is run and on what day.

Also can someone point me to the webpage where the membership form is located?? If not can someone send me one (just_robert at hotmail.com)

Thanks
Robert.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
For what it's worth, rc-mini.net is hosted here..

https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net

Really cheap, reliable and the support (when I've needed it) is good too. The 18 months or so we've been online has cost us about $50.....
Hopefully when everyone's back from holidays maybe they can have a serious look at changing service providers.

It sucks not having a website for 6 months of the year.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Just out of curiosity, I checked out the hosting service that tony posted, and I was very impressed.

So impressed I now have my own .com website.

It cost me $10, and I have my own domain name and a little bit left over for web traffic.

Tony's onto an awesome thing here, and the club should seriously consider it.

I've been extremely impressed so far.

It took about 3 hours all up to get running.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Tell me about it, I have about 5 people a day at the shop interested in on and off road racing at a club but i cant even give them a website to look at at all, as gold coast club is shut down, bayside & meakins websites are like down for half a year on average, lol.

If anyone has a 2008 race calender for any clubs either on or offroad can you pm me so as i can get the file and print it out, thanks.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well call me old school. but the best way is fliers in hobby stores after all u can print em cheap and put every ounce of info on em dates location classes and thats where people buy rc stuff so maybe that woulkd be a good investment for the club? or has it been tried and failed ? its how i found out about meakin from hobby one. never shop there now but least they helped me there
Old 12-29-2007, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Tell me about it, I have about 5 people a day at the shop interested in on and off road racing at a club but i cant even give them a website to look at at all, as gold coast club is shut down, bayside & meakins websites are like down for half a year on average, lol.

If anyone has a 2008 race calender for any clubs either on or offroad can you pm me so as i can get the file and print it out, thanks.
I really wanna help out, but can't help if the club doesn't want to.

I pm'ed shiftiesmort about the website. haven't heard back.

I'd ring Ding if it would help but I think regardless we need to make it a priority to get something up on the web.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb

I'd ring Ding if it would help but I think regardless we need to make it a priority to get something up on the web.
We are trying our best to get the site up and running for the new year. It's all new, looks impressive and ready to launch as soon as we can. Please be patient as these people have worked hard on the new site as well as being stuffed around by our previous hosting services etc.
Please find below the 2008 membership form. New keys will be issued to members from late January.
Laura
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2008membership.pdf (211.6 KB, 116 views)
Old 12-29-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Web site again........

Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb

Patience Guys.

It was decided at a club meeting that the web site would be reconstructed by Dave Ruddle. The existing service provider has gone missing so it seems. The committee do know what is going on and as I understand it we have (as I said previously) registered as a .org and will have the web site lcrccc.org up very soon, but you all need to be patient.
I would suggest to you Ash, that you take this up with the clubs committee. They should be able to answer all your questions to your satisfaction.

ding...

p.s. it is the Christmas period and people do some times go away for holidays.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hi Laura

Can I please order a large shirt, I believe you look after that?

Cheers
Adrian
Old 12-29-2007, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys and girls,,,Ding, you are so right, we all need to be patience regarding the website and let the people in charge sort it out and not some outsider who thinks he has all the answers. And as for Ashley, the comment you made about getting onto the commitee, well,, you will have to wait for the A.G.M at the beginning of the year when we as a club select a new commitee. You can put your hand up then for a position and if we feel as a club we like you and we feel you are right for the position, we will vote you in. So, it falls back to the members to see if we vote for you or not. So, wait for the new season and we will all go from there. Thanks, Rob J...
Old 12-29-2007, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

cant blame a guy for tryin

as for the abusive pms its not appreciated
Old 12-29-2007, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think everyone needs to remember that most advertising material is worked on by volunteers and as such don't get the same attention that a payed consultant would give it, so that fact the website has been down and is taking a long time to be replaced is not really a problem, just be greatful someone is doing it.

As for promotion and advertsing of this sport in general, coming from a Graphic design and Advertising training and business owner background, there is a monumental amount of stuff that could be done much much better than it is currently, BUT, whilst this sport is viewed by the majority of people involved as just a hobby, it will never justify or warrant any great amounts of effort, time and defenitely money to promote it and co-ordinate the whole sport nationally to the level that it could easily reach and it is this fact that people need to keep in mind. Flyers, websites and the controlling bodies are all manned by volunteers and we should be greatful these people are doing something, even if it seems old school, backwards and extremely slow it gives us something at the end and we need to be aware that at this point, it is better than nothing at all.

Darts, Golf and Synchronised swimming are fair dinkum sports now, but would have been viewed much the same as our sport or hobby when they started, so there is potential there.......

Cheers
Aaron
Old 12-29-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

J Taynton,

Incase you didnt get my PM, I need to get some fuel and the starter box from you as I'd like to run in the OS before the Shield or at least before our first meeting. Could you please PM me with details.

Cheers
Aaron
Old 12-29-2007, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

what i usually do at the hobby shop i work at is (when the web site is up ) just print out the location and race calander pages from the website, i usually do about 20 copies of each club, and the shop i am at has a stand near the front door that is a special rack just for Airplane/heli clubs & RC Car clubs.

Alot of people do actually ask and take them (when i can print them of course)
Its roughly 4 or 5 people a day(that ask about clubs), that just purchased a new car or truck or heli or whatever...& there are some others that buy toys but just dont care about clubs etc... lol)

so this is some advertising i can do for the club which costs the club nothing at all apart from having a website up.

not winging just letting some people know.....

i can only hope the new host or domian thingy is secure so the website can stay up for more than half the year... fingers crossed...lol
Old 12-29-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vazzo
Hi Laura

Can I please order a large shirt, I believe you look after that?

Cheers
Adrian
Hi Adrian
We like to place orders of at least 15 or more to keep the cost down. If we spread the word and start asking members if they would like to purchase one we could possibly put an order in at the end of January. I need sizes, what name to be printed on the front and it needs to be paid for upfront. Let me get back to you on costing, I think last time it was $25 maybe $30 dollars.
Laura

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.