Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B.R.C.C.C. Wynnum

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It is Christmas and the committee members deserve a break while club is shut down for a few weeks, no hurry but could someone from the committee please check the club's mail if the opportunity arises? I have sent two letters to the club asking to be paid the money to me that is listed as outstanding in the books, and everyone else has been paid. Perhaps the committee could take care of this debt as soon as the club starts up again next year.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The website has been updated with the results as I have them from this year. The racing calendar for next year was discussed at the committee meeting recently and will be published as soon as it is ready. No major changes to dates at this stage, but we were looking at other classes to run, (superstock and Vintage touring or VTA were mentioned,) please register your interest.
Pit benches were discussed and will be happening early in the new year. We will be looking at having a working bee in early 2012 to help with the benches, painting and fixing the pit wall.
Interclub was discussed and the representatives from wynnum for the interclub committee were nomintated. They will discuss the race format and dates and will be announced when the interclub committee meets.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
It is Christmas and the committee members deserve a break while club is shut down for a few weeks, no hurry but could someone from the committee please check the club's mail if the opportunity arises? I have sent two letters to the club asking to be paid the money to me that is listed as outstanding in the books, and everyone else has been paid. Perhaps the committee could take care of this debt as soon as the club starts up again next year.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Hi lars,
ill chase it up for you.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kinga
The website has been updated with the results as I have them from this year. The racing calendar for next year was discussed at the committee meeting recently and will be published as soon as it is ready. No major changes to dates at this stage, but we were looking at other classes to run, (superstock and Vintage touring or VTA were mentioned,) please register your interest.
Pit benches were discussed and will be happening early in the new year. We will be looking at having a working bee in early 2012 to help with the benches, painting and fixing the pit wall.
Interclub was discussed and the representatives from wynnum for the interclub committee were nomintated. They will discuss the race format and dates and will be announced when the interclub committee meets.
Don't mean to stand on any ones toes.... but has the council approved pit benches? I was under the impression they wouldn't allow it when the shelters where built!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:25 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Pit Benches Approved

Originally Posted by hooked_on
Don't mean to stand on any ones toes.... but has the council approved pit benches? I was under the impression they wouldn't allow it when the shelters where built!
Hi Hooked On.

Thank you for your post but there's no need to worry about anyone's toes.

The new committee submitted an application for the pit benches and we received confirmation of the approval from the Brisbane City Council last week.

We also received notification of the acceptance of our very own 5 year lease. Congratulations to everyone who helped to make this happen.

Melissa La Spina
Old 12-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
Hi lars,
ill chase it up for you.
Thanks Clinton, I have received an E-mail message from the committee about it. It appears that my last letter to the committee must have been lost, and that the cheque the committee sent also didn't reach me - Australia Post is starting to slip. That a letter to me is missing does not surprise me though; I often get letters addressed to someone else, so I can only assume the same happens to some of my mail.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Pit Benches

Originally Posted by Wynnum RC
Hi Hooked On.

The new committee submitted an application for the pit benches and we received confirmation of the approval from the Brisbane City Council last week.

We also received notification of the acceptance of our very own 5 year lease. Congratulations to everyone who helped to make this happen.

Melissa La Spina
It has been decided by the commity to supply both sit down and stand up benches.

The Sit down will be 740mm high and the stand up 1000mm high. The 1m Stand up will also work well with someone who wants to bring a bar stool to sit on, The design will be an open top where you can talk to the person opposite. We will design, so at a later stage we can put a shelf above the benches.

These benches will cater for 40 drivers, there is also a section set aside for plastic tables if required.

If any members have any suggestions or querries, please let us know ASAP

Thanks Darren
Old 12-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wynnum RC
Hi Hooked On.

Melissa La Spina
Melissa:

Thank you for clearing this up for me.... so good to hear of the latest developements with the council for the club.

I really hope 2012 is a better year for the club and all the interal issues of recent times can be put to rest.

Will go back to me hole now... thank you for you time & Merry Christmas!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hurro,
When is the first event for the new year?
Thanks,
Todd.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Probably 21 st January
Old 12-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Turn one has been upgraded by the comittee. The large lump of concrete that surrounded the grassed area in the middle has been pulled up and new ripple strips been painted.
Jonny and I had a quick run yesterday arv and it is fast and safe through the corner now, no worries about touching the concrete and flipping into the carpark now.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions??

Originally Posted by kinga
Turn one has been upgraded by the comittee. The large lump of concrete that surrounded the grassed area in the middle has been pulled up and new ripple strips been painted.
Jonny and I had a quick run yesterday arv and it is fast and safe through the corner now, no worries about touching the concrete and flipping into the carpark now.
I DONT REMEMBER IT BEING SLOW & UNSAFE
Old 12-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 2012

hope you all had a good xmas, and got lots of rc goodies.
are there any posts or updates on the web site for the race calendar for 2012.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I must admit im glad to see the ripple strip gone. Launched of it a few times

Seeing as xmas is over but stocktake is starting, I will have time after the 10th of January to redo the website. Would like some ideas for the site, what do the members want to see on the site, how do you want it to look like. Please give me ideas to make it easier for us all
Old 12-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by t32011
I must admit im glad to see the ripple strip gone. Launched of it a few times
Aren't u meant to drive around the curb not over it
May that short course trucks r 4 u

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.