Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B.R.C.C.C. Wynnum

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That is the idea, if it works out or not is the question. Only launched of it once, but that one hurt!
However, I do have a spare truck if you would like to join our escapades John:P
Old 12-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc carnage
Aren't u meant to drive around the curb not over it
May that short course trucks r 4 u
John:

Just like the V8's people are always to make the track as short as possible with whatever they can get away with. The lap times will fall now i am guessing, i would have thought you would find more grip on the black stuff rather then the painted ripple strip.

Andrew
Old 12-28-2011, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by t32011
I must admit im glad to see the ripple strip gone. Launched of it a few times

Seeing as xmas is over but stocktake is starting, I will have time after the 10th of January to redo the website. Would like some ideas for the site, what do the members want to see on the site, how do you want it to look like. Please give me ideas to make it easier for us all
Todd,

We like to complain about what we don't like about websites... So we better not suggest anything in case someone else doesnt like it!

My tips:

Clear and accessible documents area in pdf format

- Events Calendar
- Rules
- Club Documents
- Nomination forms
- Race Results

If able, use a content management framework to get more people authoring information and news.

Wordpress is the top framework atm

- can use plugins for forms that allow online noms
- built in multi media support
- WYSIWYG publishing, password secure and draft
- many themes
- Installs and upgrades easy to do

Plugins to support

Image Gallery
Video Players
Scheduling and calendars

and more..
Old 12-28-2011, 04:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default calander

still no calendar in our website to see the racing for
the year would be good to see whats on for the new year

cheers
tony
Old 12-28-2011, 04:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
John:

Just like the V8's people are always to make the track as short as possible with whatever they can get away with. The lap times will fall now i am guessing, i would have thought you would find more grip on the black stuff rather then the painted ripple strip.

Andrew
Andrew maybe you right
curbs are not for everyone
Old 12-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The calendar was discussed the last meeting, the first date for racing will be the 21st January. Melissa is looking at a calendar that lists all race calendars in one including BRCCC, LRCCC, etc. THis is close to completion and will be available shortly.
The website is currently in a CMS format using Joomla. Todd and I have inherited this and are working as best we can.
I have looked at wordpress and it is a big change to move all the documentation into this format.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah more then happy to get all types of feedback
Ill be in touch with you Mr K shortly after stocktake and we can sort it all out then.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default Feedback

Is it true... I got told by a parent today at the track that the club has decided to run a class of stadium trucks as a feeder class for young kids to try out R/C...

Andrew

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 01-21-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

bmx bikes

Huh? People ride their BMX's on the track?

I'll admit I've run my Emaxx round the track before, but there was only one guy running his touring car around the track and I was pulling my Emaxx off to the side of the track any time the other guy in his touring car was anywhere near me. I also made sure I had no dirt / debris on my wheels and the car before as well.

I'd say it's more a consideration thing than it is a vehicle choice. Unfortunately there are very few places you can run an RC car on a track, especially offroad as they are mostly only open for practice unless you know when some one is going to be at the track itself.

As to the feeder class, I understand there was some talk of maybe a run what ya brung class or short course maybe but not a serious class.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Suteki
Huh? People ride their BMX's on the track?

I'll admit I've run my Emaxx round the track before, but there was only one guy running his touring car around the track and I was pulling my Emaxx off to the side of the track any time the other guy in his touring car was anywhere near me. I also made sure I had no dirt / debris on my wheels and the car before as well.

I'd say it's more a consideration thing than it is a vehicle choice. Unfortunately there are very few places you can run an RC car on a track, especially offroad as they are mostly only open for practice unless you know when some one is going to be at the track itself.

As to the feeder class, I understand there was some talk of maybe a run what ya brung class or short course maybe but not a serious class.
The BMX bikes where not an issue as soon as we arrived they got off the track and moved on.

Andrew

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 01-21-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The BMX bikes where not an issue as soon as we arrived they got off the track and moved on. I doubt i will be in a hurry to come back until the track is fenced off to the public to keep idiots out!

Andrew
So you want to punish the majority?
Old 12-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Suteki
So you want to punish the majority?
Haven't really thought it was a good idea until now.... Always thought it is better keeping it open and allowing people use it anytime to encourage growth in the club and the hobby. But the place is a mess and you need to stop people destroying the facility and racing surface for the club members.

Now i am not a club member at the moment, so if it was fenced i would have no track to play on...

Andrew

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 01-21-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Council have indicated they wont approve a full fence to keep out the public as they like to have it open to the public.
I would never have started racing if there was a full fence around the complex. How would we keep out the public even if there was a fence and we were in racing? I can only see it as a defence against vandalism. I would loe to see a permanent presence and fence etc like Brendale but cant see it happening soon.

The kids on BMX bikes can be a problem, but is usually only on the afternoons with the trains, and its christmas holidays at the moment, so the problem is much worse at the moment. I am there most weekends and honestly at the moment it is crazy with all the people and their christmas present RC cars.
Short course trucks were discussed, but I think they will end up in the too ard basket and nothing will happen. They wont happen on race nights at this time. It will require someone to run a night for them separate night to the race calendar nights.
Yes it is an onroad club, but we cant ignore the public visibility of the track and how the public see it as a hub of RC. We all need to be positive and talk to anyone that comes along, share the track if need be with the kids with their christmas present mario kart rc car, and tell the dregs with their 1/5th scale buggies to go elsewhere.
The drift guys on a whole are pretty good and every time I have been there have shared the track time ( sometimes with a little prodding) but they soon get out of the way of a screaming RC car.
Ruining the surface? Yes probably, maybe we should get them to do organised drifting there and pay nomination fees. Then we could use the money to resurface the track more often.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default fence

i think you should try to promote drift ,about the fence if the council do
no want a fence then i thing the committee should talk to them about
helping with up keep so we do have to spend all the clubs money on fixing
up the mess so we can do more work down there ,i mean it is not fare that
the council can tell us what to but don't want to take part ,the council
complains about kids destroying things but they take everything away from
them ,

cheers
tony
Old 12-30-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kinga
Council have indicated they wont approve a full fence to keep out the public as they like to have it open to the public.
I would never have started racing if there was a full fence around the complex. How would we keep out the public even if there was a fence and we were in racing? I can only see it as a defence against vandalism. I would loe to see a permanent presence and fence etc like Brendale but cant see it happening soon.

The kids on BMX bikes can be a problem, but is usually only on the afternoons with the trains, and its christmas holidays at the moment, so the problem is much worse at the moment. I am there most weekends and honestly at the moment it is crazy with all the people and their christmas present RC cars.
Short course trucks were discussed, but I think they will end up in the too ard basket and nothing will happen. They wont happen on race nights at this time. It will require someone to run a night for them separate night to the race calendar nights.
Yes it is an onroad club, but we cant ignore the public visibility of the track and how the public see it as a hub of RC. We all need to be positive and talk to anyone that comes along, share the track if need be with the kids with their christmas present mario kart rc car, and tell the dregs with their 1/5th scale buggies to go elsewhere.
The drift guys on a whole are pretty good and every time I have been there have shared the track time ( sometimes with a little prodding) but they soon get out of the way of a screaming RC car.
Ruining the surface? Yes probably, maybe we should get them to do organised drifting there and pay nomination fees. Then we could use the money to resurface the track more often.
Thanks for the feedback... The fence with a gate only allowing marshalls onto the track and the public out works quite well. Members then have a key to get into the area for a yearly fee. Having previously been on the committee at Wynnum i knew council would object to a fence.

Anyway i have had my rant

Andrew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.