Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree19Likes

Castle Hill RC Onroad

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

is'nt there a consern that there are novices and there are "novices"?

ill have a look at the dates and maybe rustle up an 'illawarra' team
Old 10-28-2002, 01:29 AM
Tech Adept

last year there was a 1 hour qualifier before the actual 2 hour enduro race. since this yr the enduro will be 3 hours long, will the qualifier move to 2 hours or will it stay at 1 hour,,,,

i think since we are not having a meeting before the enduro we should make the qualifier a 2 hour race.

wat does everybody else think about this.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:00 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Qualifing will be 1-1/2 hours long, one battery pack per driver.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

tj have rues been finalised? ive got more interest down here than i expected!

also let me get this bit straight... qualifer is 1.5hrs long, 4 drivers (540 stock & mod) 1 battery pack each driver to make the distance?

in the main 2 battery packs per driver?

could you also email anything of interest from the masters?
Old 10-29-2002, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by contact
tj have rues been finalised? ive got more interest down here than i expected!

also let me get this bit straight... qualifer is 1.5hrs long, 4 drivers (540 stock & mod) 1 battery pack each driver to make the distance?

in the main 2 battery packs per driver?

could you also email anything of interest from the masters?
Yep that's right contact. One bat per driver 4 drivers. Let me tell you this is a very very good days racing. Even if you don't make the finals, its good to watch.

Coxy.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

ok... what are some tips for the uninitated... 'soft' 14-20t mods? short gearing? 540's running for 30min? just how do you get 4 packs to last 1.5hrs?
Old 10-29-2002, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by contact
ok... what are some tips for the uninitated... 'soft' 14-20t mods? short gearing? 540's running for 30min? just how do you get 4 packs to last 1.5hrs?
Ok some tips for you contact.
Tires go from 27 lowest to 35 highest, and it’s rubber don’t forget, so you will love that
Maybe a hard insert to improve tire temperature and improve runtime.
Short gearing but not too short or you will go backwards with run time.
Smooooooth driving a must with a light finger.
Rehearse pit stops, some people get it right while others have it very wrong.
Know other peoples cars like switch locations and transponder locations.
If people want to pass, let them, you will pass them when they dump or they are on a different strategy with a different motor.
Have a time keeper to know how mush time is needed per driver compared to what was done by each driver.
Run at your own pace no matter what everyone else does as they might go hard and dump leaving you to cruise to the finish.

Last year we had a small problem with one car and wasted half a pack of runtime. (Don’t forget if you leave the drivers stand for what ever reason that is it you pack done and you can’t go back up.)We had to make up time and I was out with a stock in a touring car for 25 mins only to dump with 4 mins to go. Although it was slow laps we got more laps done then if we had gone out guns blazing pace. Ended up only missing out on the final by two laps.

Coxy
Old 10-29-2002, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

in the race is there going to be 540 mod and stock of the different teams on the track at the same time, does this work out allright. also contact i know our team is going to have 2 540s thats one hour and then a stock around 20mins and 14t mod around 10mins all running low rollouts especially that stock.
Old 10-30-2002, 12:04 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Entry forms will be finished tonight I hope and will be at the track on Friday. They will also be posted on the web site by the weekend if not during the weekend so keep an eye out for it. 3000's have put a cat amounst the pigeons so this year is 60 min longer for the final. Last year was year it was 2hours with only the mod running 3000 this year stock and mod are running 3000 and with 540 can run up to 2400. Good luck to all. Last year we had 13 teams and no one went away disappionted even if there team didn't make the final and out of the final 6 out of 8 teams finished so it can be done.
Old 10-31-2002, 03:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down Enduro & stuff

I believe the winners will be the team with the million dollar 3000 & 2400 packs, lots of guys are importing these days!

2 x540
1 Stk
1 Mod

(540's tended to make or break the team last year)

I also believe the novices should be in, as it added to the fun and the newbies got there cars tweeked by the "experts"

To Tj, on another note I'm all for riping the re-buildables apart randomly every week.....try to keep it honest...ish...

Control tyres?? maybe on stock but I recon Mod should be open...let them blow there cash to show us how well they can slam into the back wall when they screem up the straight and forget that cars cant go around corners like that

lets face it, a lot of the mod guys are sponsored so they are likely to get the gear cheap enough anyway.

signed,

X (ray driver)
Old 11-01-2002, 11:53 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys!

long time no post (4 me!!)

Yeah, about the Enduro race... it looks like alot of fun... Me and my neighbour (both 540's) are intersted in joining in for some fun. I think I have some ppl who race stock that might want to race with us but I know no mod racers.

Or if anyone needs 540 drivers..... we're not great but we have been going good in 540lites, we're no 'V8' drivers but we are pretty steady (non-crashing i guess).

How does the qualifying/finals work? Do only 8 teams qualify for the final race or something (is the final the 3hour one?). How does that work...

anyways, thats all from me for now...
Old 11-04-2002, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

lets face it, a lot of the mod guys are sponsored so they are likely to get the gear cheap enough anyway.
Damn, am I missing out on some thing here ???????
Old 11-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Old Fart i will put you in contact with some of my people, but i agree some RC related ones wouldnt go astray.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
Old Fart i will put you in contact with some of my people, but i agree some RC related ones wouldnt go astray.
well the sheltered workshop is always keen to welcome new drivers. We rececently signed Geeza to drive at AutoSalon in the Nitro class!
Old 11-04-2002, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well i dont think i fit the requirements to be entered into Team Workshop, but im sure the old fart meets many of the requirements

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.