Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree19Likes

Castle Hill RC Onroad

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

hi i was just wondering if some of u mod guys can help me out a bit.
iam starting to race mod and was just wondering wat brand and wind motors you use.
and also wat tyres you use.

and if any1 has any corally setups for castlehill they would be much apreciated.

thanx.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by C4.1
hi i was just wondering if some of u mod guys can help me out a bit.
iam starting to race mod and was just wondering wat brand and wind motors you use.
and also wat tyres you use.

and if any1 has any corally setups for castlehill they would be much apreciated.

thanx.
Your car looked fine on Friday night with I think you had a acto in it. I know Josh was running one of these for a while. You could go down to a 11 or 12 double if you want. If you go down from that you won't be much quicker. The best way to go quicker is not to crash. Now we are getting into the hotter temp a 27 compound is great. 24 seem to go off after half race distance. As for your corally come and see me again and I can help you out. Hope the changes I made worke, it seemed to when i was watching it.

Coxy.
Old 11-10-2002, 02:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Agree with coxy, my favourite motor for castle hill is a 12 double. If you are just new to mod you may want to even try something in the 13-14 range. believe me as castle hill is such a small track the torque generated by a mild mod far outweighs the reves gained from say a single digit motor. and it will be much easier to maintain, ie brushes and comm will last more than a couple of runs, and it will be much easier on your packs. what you need to concentrate on is corner speed, this is where the time can be made up.

if you need help come and see any of the regular mod boys, we will be more than helpful if you need assistance.

As we all started out at one time or another, and i know i have had many people give me guidance over my time in this hobby.
Old 11-10-2002, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

Agree with Bersercoe and Coxy, my choice is a 13 triple. Although I accidently left the 9 turn in for the heats last Friday night. In the end went qicker with the 13 because the car was easier to drive. You might find a triple or a quad better to start with because they are a bit smoother when putting the power down.

I would suggest buy a cheap machine wound modified to start with while you get the hang of it.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

nah coxy i was actually running an Atlas 11 turn which is quick when geared right.
also the help u gave me was pretty good it drove into corners alot better but i would love my car to be like jakes. jakes car looks like its on rail i luv it.
also coxy sorry about smacking you in the foot on friday i didnt see you. and good luck in japan.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

the thing is with jake, it is not his car setup that makes it look like that, that little plick can drive anything, a little while ago he was playing around with a CEN electric car and was still able to beat most of the mod drivers.

It just takes patience and experience.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

it just takes patience and experience.
well looks like im screwed.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Cool Enduro

Everything's organised for a 4 car Venom assault on this thing with the Hill brothers, Chris Marshall and myself (Chris Peet). The other three just have to argue amongst themselves who is using what motor because I don't own any 540 or stock motors. Should be very interesting... can't wait...
Old 11-12-2002, 01:17 AM
Tech Champion

well that just means that there will only be one coffee grinder on the track at a time.

I think it will definately be the corally/xray assault taking out the win. we dont have any alloy turnbuckles to break after a couple of minutes.

that should get some people twitching. LOL
Old 11-12-2002, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

As far as I know stock guru is the only one who has snapped a turnbuckle during racing. Anyway he has some titanium ones now.

We'll just have to wait and see how much of that bag of skill you used up at the Nationals because we certainly didn't dip into ours...
Old 11-12-2002, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by vr01
As far as I know stock guru is the only one who has snapped a turnbuckle during racing. Anyway he has some titanium ones now.

We'll just have to wait and see how much of that bag of skill you used up at the Nationals because we certainly didn't dip into ours...
I think our team goes like this
Jake Zarb
Uncle
Ray Zarb
and Me.

Damn I hope I get a car soon so I can race

Coxy
Old 11-12-2002, 03:55 AM
Tech Champion

Coxy thats the team i was told i was in?????, we might have to relegate mr zarb to stopwatch duties

Anyway im sure i will have my second xray mobile by then for you, just make sure we put some huge orion and corally stickers on it and blackout the windows
Old 11-12-2002, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Don't the Zarb's have enough family members to make Team Zarb???

Or is that too scary to consider?
Old 11-12-2002, 04:01 AM
Tech Master

Coxy thats the team i was told i was in?????, we might have to relegate mr zarb to stopwatch duties
Looks like your campaign is over before it has even started
Old 11-12-2002, 04:01 AM
Tech Champion

I think jakie must have spilt a liberal dose from his bag of skill over the ray, lucky i always make sure i sit near him

God help us if the zarbs enter their own team, i dont know if the other teams cars are durable enough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.