Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 ELECTRIC ON ROAD TIRE PRICE WATCH

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Control tyres for club racing don't work. Not all people can get their cars to work on a defined set of tyres therefore they don't run and the class dies. I have seen this happen before.

Tyres are the best way to tune a mini from what I see. Everytime we have a mini event here in sydney all the mini guys are running around trying different combos and talking about what was good and what sucked. They all say they hardly ever touch their setup, just change tyres. If you make a control tyre it sounds like you would lose they ability to even setup your mini.

This is what I see from my perspective.

Mini is the most controlled class at the moment with the new rules why not get the mini gurus to come up with a tyre combination that is suitable for the track that they are racing at and then it comes back to driving ability
Old 02-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hang on, why do we need a control tyre???
Mini would be the least suitable class for a control tyre anyway due to the 3 different wheelbases.

THREAD HIJACK OVER!!!!

Back to tyre prices!!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is'nt this thread about tires and prices, and so on?? Looks like some things should be posted on the other thread where you race.

Here are my top 5 on how to save money for Rc hobbies.

5. That pack of smokes a day = approx: $60 a week.

4. Did you really need that BigMac meal on your way home? Dinner is only 15min way. Approx:6

3. You dont need to go out with workmates for lunch. They think you a knob anyway.. Approx $30

2. That cup of coffee from Cibo on your way to work, its not like you drove there in your sleep.. YOUR ALREADY AWAKE!!!! Approx $5

And here it is... Number 1

You dont need to buy a carton of beer on the way home, you been drinking enough during the day when you where out with your metrosexual friends for lunch who you been scabbin smokes off while the go order coffees.

Priceless!!!