Search

The Xpress Mini Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lolleskates
mm with such a low cost chassis might aswell get both
With 2 of them, you can have the junior fitted with the datsun 1200 coupe body and the pro fitted with the datsun 1600 body!
Old 11-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Popeye
Nothing wrong with the junior kit. I have a few of both kits. I prefer the junior over the pro its got direct steering, you have to buy a belt tensioner for both kits. Both kits come with ball diffs.
There is nothing wrong with the junior kit but it is the same design layout as the previous pro kit with the servo in the middle and vertically mounted.
As this review suggests, the new layout is a lot better balanced with the new servo location.
http://www.rc-xpress.com/download/MR...K_RRCi0308.pdf
With the double bell crank steering design, with such a small light weight car it works very well.
I might get a tensioner in the future but so far there has been no problems with the belts.

When its all said and done, i believe that if you were to race it, the best bet would be to go for the pro and save the money in the long run from upgrading the junior with the carbon chassis etc.
If you were to just run it around the tennis/netball courts for a bit of fun, the junior would be more than capable to have great fun driving!
Old 11-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Initiate

i've heard some guys have had to drive this chassis in their own class or touring because it's too fast. is this the case? sounds like a gun!
Old 11-09-2008, 01:42 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Too fast to be raced with Tamiya M03 Mini's yes - it has normal touring car style gearing, so you can outpace M03's very easily.

Can't race it with touring cars, as it would be extremely difficult to get it up to the weight limit!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lolleskates
i've heard some guys have had to drive this chassis in their own class or touring because it's too fast. is this the case? sounds like a gun!
Yes, with the tc low cg and great power to weight ratio, it is quite a bit quicker than the tamiya minis even using the same motor!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sweet car you can also get a 1200 ute as well .
Old 12-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

I have an older Mini PRO with a broken lower deck. How much of the parts can I transfer to the new MRR2 PRO model? e.g. front/rear bulkhead, uprights etc... Thanks.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Hi everyone, i m interested in this mini car. Just want to know if this car handle just as the normal 1/10 touring car? I ll be using nitro foam tyres on asphalt/tarmac track. Will there any rubbing issue with the body or with the suspension arm it self? Nitro foam tyres width 26mm for front and 30mm for rear.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:50 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by one-nil
I have an older Mini PRO with a broken lower deck. How much of the parts can I transfer to the new MRR2 PRO model? e.g. front/rear bulkhead, uprights etc... Thanks.
I have it on a reliable source that there is very little crossover between the 2. Sorry.

Originally Posted by dameetz
Hi everyone, i m interested in this mini car. Just want to know if this car handle just as the normal 1/10 touring car? I ll be using nitro foam tyres on asphalt/tarmac track. Will there any rubbing issue with the body or with the suspension arm it self? Nitro foam tyres width 26mm for front and 30mm for rear.
Handling - well, it kinda does - I had the Junior model - and spring rates and tires were all you could tune - the suspension binds up on itself - and droop isn't really possible to achieve (on the Junior at least)

Tire rubbing 'might' be an issue on the ball links - i had Team Power 36's on my car (mini tires) and some of the balls were scrubbed up a bit due to the rim.

I never had issues with tires rub/suspension rub on mine - it had a Datsun 1200 Coupe shell on it.

You'll have to get one of the guys that has the car to measure the clearance for the nitro tires - i sold mine after very little use. I'm planning on replacing it with an Active 210 in the near future. That's probably a good indicator of my thoughts on the car

Good car - cheap (the Jnr is at least). Pretty much bult straght outta the box (you really only have to blt on the wheels and install radio gear!) But i found it to be fragile and I always seemed to be replacing parts after even soft hits that my M03 wouldn't even concern itself with. That being said - parts were cheap, but I don't think that justifies a 'soft' car that can't handle a tap here and there.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NT
I have it on a reliable source that there is very little crossover between the 2. Sorry.
that's a shame. Looks like I'll need to try and find a new chassis for it then. Thanks NT.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dameetz
What i did with my foam tyres was to true them down to about 55-56 mm, then the rears got trimed off to make the width equal front & rear.
My car handles very well with the foams and 1200 body.
Just need to fine tune the setup a bit to get it 100% right!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Itch b, i pm you before i post my q's here, anyhow yours is the mrr2 pro v2.1 right? Do you have any durability issue with it? I m going to put a 5.5 brushless in it and i ll be running/racing it against the normal 1/10 touring (my local club actually allow this) on an outdoor asphalt parking lot track. Any advice which parts should i stock?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

How wide are the stock wheels for these? Are they as wide as the 1/10th wheels at 24mm-26mm?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Where can we get these minis from in NSW and how much are they
Old 03-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Cannon Greg Fisher stocks the Xpress mini.
They were around $200 for the chassis kit before the dollar took a dive.
Best bet is to PM Ferral for details.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.