Search
Like Tree138Likes

England Park Raceway, Brendale.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigrcnut
Club membership is due I need the new form filled out and payed I have membership forms in race control I will be there tonight at the end of this month you will not be a club member .

Thank You Paul Dutton Treasurer QRCCRA
Is the new form also on the website?.. won't be getting to Bris for a little while but need to pay my membership
Old 06-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes It Is

Paul Dutton Treasurer QRCCRA
ShadowAu and aza79 like this.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Please If you have entered the Qld IC Champs please pay we have 39 entered 11 paid also you must pay your membership to compete in this event .

Thank You Paul Dutton Treasurer QRCCRA
Old 07-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2018 QRCCRA Gas Tourer Sprint Series.

The series to be run over a 5 consecutive race meetings as per the current QRCCRA race calendar for Friday Night Gas Tourer race meetings.
The objective is to provide an incentive to competitors to be consistent and to finish every race during the series.

Be there 5:30
Racing Starts at 6:30

The format will be as follows.

Round 1.
Race 1. Will be 5 minutes duration and the finishing order shall be the starting order for the following 2 races. Points will be awarded based on individual finishes. ie. 1st = 15pts, 2nd = 13, 3rd =
11, 4th = 8, 5th = 6, 7th = 4, 8th = 3, 9th = 2, 10th = 1. Should there be more than 10 entrants, no points will
be awarded for those outside the top ten results.

Race 2. Will be 5 minutes duration and point scoring as per Race 1.

Race 3. Will be 5 minutes duration.

Reverse Grid start from results from Race 2. ie. 1st place shall start from the rear of the grid, 2nd
shall start from 2nd last on the grid and so on.

Race 4. 15 minutes duration.
Starting position shall be as per the results from Race 3, based solely on finishing position. Ie: 1st in Race 3 shall start from Pole in Race 4.

Points for Race 4 as follows:
1st. 25 points
2nd. 20 points
3rd. 17 points
4th. 15 points
5th. 13 points
6th. 12 points
7th. 10 points
8th. 8 points
9th. 6 points
10th. 4 points
Subsequent places score 1 point for each.

To be eligible to score points, a race car MUST complete a minimum of 11 laps in the 5 minute duration races.

To be eligible to score points in Race 4, a race car MUST complete a minimum of 34 laps.

Bonus Point System.
Finishing a race shall earn each competitor 10 Bonus Points. Completing all 4 races (per race day)
will also earn and additional 10 points. A maximum of 50 Bonus Points can be earned by each
competitor for completing all 4 races per event.

Round 2
Race 1. 5 Minute duration, start as per draw.
Race 2. 5 Minute duration, start as per Race 1 Finish.
Race 3. Top 10 Shoot out style race against the clock.
Race 4. 15 Minute duration, Grid positions as per Top 10 Shoot-out results.

Round 3.
Repeat of Round 1 format

Round 4.
Repeat of Round 2 format

Round 5.
Practice rounds 1 and 2. Standard format as per regular race meets.
Race 3. Top 10 Shoot out for Final s grid position.

Final. 20 Minute duration...double points apply.

Regards,
Gary Gregory
Gas Tourer Delegate

(Posted on behalf of Gary Gregory)

Last edited by El Nitro; 07-13-2018 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default CLUB MEMBERSHIP DUE NOW.

Hey guys get your club membership fees paid asap please. Also absolutley every one must fill in the form every year to cover you for insurance and the like.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

RCRA.ORG.AU this was AARCMCC

Last edited by bigrcnut; 07-15-2018 at 07:51 AM. Reason: add more
Old 07-18-2018, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Has anyone got any quick advice on compounds for 1/12th at Brendale?
Old 07-18-2018, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Ulti J soft or Z rears and J soft to medium fronts. JFT works too but not sure compound.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ran Ulti Z rears and J Mediums fronts at the QLD Titles - the car was great!

J Soft rears also work well, have used them a bit on club days, but I haven't done a direct comparison with Z rears. .
Old 07-18-2018, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
Has anyone got any quick advice on compounds for 1/12th at Brendale?
JFT Magenta Front and JFT Pink Rear is what was used to win the 2018 Qld 12th Mod class this year. Combine those tyres with GravityRC LG2 additive and you'll be on a winner.
All available at SpeedyRC
finchy likes this.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:39 AM
Tech Addict

Attn All Competitors,

Just a little information on the proposed schedule.

Thurs 26th July:
Track prep starting at 9am (IC club members to take care of)
Once the track prep has taken place, open practice can commence. (approx 10am)
We will keep the session in a free practice format but will change to a control group format if the need arises.
Track will stay open as late as required or until the last member with a master key wants to leave.

Please check the proposed time schedule for Friday, Saturday and Sunday on MYRCM CLICK HERE
Take note that we will at all time try to avoid having any racing after 4pm as the angle of the sun becomes a real problem for pilots vision after that time.
With the amount of entries we presently have, the first group of qualifiers will be on track at 9am on Saturday and at 8am on Sunday.

Fri 27th CLICK HERE for Fridays time schedule
If there isn't a huge amount of drivers at the track early Friday morning, we will leave the track in a open practice format switching to a controlled format (refer time schedule) when traffic or safety become an issue.
Friday will finish with a full round of control practice in which drivers will be seeded for qualifying (based on total time of their fastest 3 consecutive laps). *Race director will still have the final say on heat arrangements and will make changes to order if deemed necessary.
Scruitineering will be open from 12pm onward.
All cars must pass through tech inspection prior to the start of qualifying as per rule 5.2.1.

Sat 28th CLICK HERE for Saturdays time schedule
Concourse will be judged at 8.15am SHARP (Please don't walk all over the track) All cars to be lined up in pit lane.
Drivers briefing at 8.30am SHARP
Round 1 of Qualifying will start at 9.00am
We will then complete 5 rounds of qualifying.
Track is CLOSED immediately after the last round of qualifying.

Sun 29th CLICK HERE for Sundays time schedule.
The 6th round of qualifying will start the day and be on track at 8am.
Immediately after Q6 we'll move into SUPER POLE for all classes.
Continuing on straight after super pole will be the 1/4 final for 8th Scale.
We will then have a small lunch break before the start of the Semi finals.
After all the semi finals have been run, we'll have another small break.
Mains will then be run.
Trophy presentation will take place on the track immediately after mains.

Wishing all competitors safe travels and best of luck for the event.

On behalf of the QRCCRA event management crew
Shaps

Friday 27th Schedule

Saturday 28th Schedule

Sunday 29th Time Schedule

Old 07-21-2018, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Posted on behalf of
Gary Gregory
Gas Tourer Delegate

2018 SPEEDYRC Gas Tourer Supercar Challenge Wrapup

The SPEEDYRC Supercars Series has concluded for 2018 with the crowning of the Champion in
the inaugural series and what an effort put in by all who participated, take a bow folks.

Let me begin with some comments. I must first of all thank Michael Sherman for his support of our
category, for his generosity in providing exceptional trophies and his willingness to supply the
required body shells to minimise our cost for the homulgated body shells.

Many thanks SPEEDYRC and Michael Sherman.
The series ran over five (5) race meets (yes we had a couple of rain affected delays) and each race
event showed the level of competition was close. Margins between cars was tight, nobody showed a
clear advantage between the top five competitors and as a category we all should take a bow. Well
done to all.

I could wax lyrical about our success over the past few weeks but that is not what we are about. As
a restricted category, it is all about US, meaning you. You make the category what it is, You make
racing fun, you make our club a success, you are in the driving seat for our sport, YOU are Gas
Tourers…..again...congratulations on a job well done.
Now for the nitty gritty….here is where I get to have some fun ok?

Firstly, I have to wonder why anybody would go to such extremes as to spend literally hours upon
hours of valuable time (we all have a life right?) drawing lines, masking, re masking, drawing more lines, cussing, scratching of head, grumbling to anyone unfortunate to be anywhere near him (that would be me) just to win a Concourse Trophy…..oh...yep, I do know such a gentleman...meet
Darren Lester, a club stalwart, an avid RC racer and an all round nice bloke. Well, that’s it, the cat’s
out of the bag, Darren won the inaugural V8 Supercars Challenge Concourse Trophy...well done Sir,
the Dick Johnson/Shell BA Falcon was a well deserved winner.

So now we move onto those who raced. Sure I could start with the winners, but that’s not my style
folks. I am different….(shut-up Shaps)….I like to treat all of us as equals so regardless of where we
all ended up in the list, we are all part of the family called Gas Tourer, so, here we go.

Cody Rooks started late in the series and a special thanks goes to Shaps for helping with the car and
his Dad (Paul Rooks) for supporting his protege (you smiling yet Dad) and showed some serious
speed and handling, well done Cody.

Another totally new comer to our category, Steven Chippendale, started from scratch and to my
mind did a great job. I know it’s really hard to start from scratch, but Steve showed he can do this
and I hope he gets the advice from all he needs to improve, again, well done Steve.

Richard Christie has been a long time racer, supporter of our category, and a friend (play nice Richard), and I say friend because I believe we are all friends, we leave the aggression on the track right?….and Richard may have struggled with some car issues but he competed and that is so
important to our category and our club. Thank you Richard Christie.

Now we had a couple of interlopers from the Bayside Club in John Taynton and Nick Augen. You have got to go a pretty fair way to find two more willing to help competitors. John Taynton has a huge level of knowledge and experience and I for one was a recipient of his advice and learnt quite a bit from him. Was he quick?...oh yeah, he brought a whole new level of speed to our meetings and it was pretty to watch.

So now we move on the Nick Augen, yeah, you know right?, yeah, the Frenchmen. You got it. He is
so funny to talk to (bit of a struggle at times with that conversion from French to English, is that
Frenglish?) but what a great guy to be around. He showed some serious speed and pushed the
eventual series winner to the absolute limit. Nick, you are a great competitor and we need to have
you competing every meet. Well done on a great result from only 4 rounds completed. Legend.
Now the fun begins...Greg Charlton, what could I possibly say here that would do service to Greg?,
so let me throw a few questions first OK?...Legend?….Character?….Fossil?….should I risk
imprisonment or go on?….me thinks it wise to stop right now. Greg, you entertained us all, your
drivers stand antics and comments make you a serious legend. Well done mate, friend and
entertainer.

Now comes the difficult job of writing a comment for Darren Lester, I say difficult because I have
mixed thoughts. Darren has been a huge help to me, a friend I value but he has a serious character
flaw...he supports DJR/Team Penske, to me, that’s a cardinal sin I cannot condone, I just can’t move
on from that flaw. Darren, well done, the deserved concourse victory, well done on the series result,
many thanks for your support for both me and the category...legend...Darren Lester.

OK, so now I move to the Series Champion. Oh boy, what can I say here that keeps me alive,
doesn’t cause blowback, but still have some fun. BIG problem in Little Morayfield…..
Jasper Shapland.
Chip off the old block?
Protege?
Like father like son?
Cheeky Lil Kid?
Loveable rascal?
Yes I could probable wax lyrical for a lot more but, and I mean but, what a great effort from a great
club member. Not withstanding his age (10,I think), he showed maturity, he listened to his pit man,
or lose his allowance maybe?, he never lost his cool and showed maturity beyond his years. It was
fun to race you Jasper (even though your way to fast) and I for one am glad I had the chance to race
you.
Yours truly learned a lot from all this. I found a great bunch of folks wanting to race, a few
hysterical moments that caused huge amounts of laughter, the odd tear of frustration...but hey...that
IS racing folks. Deal with it in your own way, it’s up to the rest of us to give you the space and slack
to make your own journey.
Before I turn the page on this series I want to extend an invitation to anyone who sees this report,
please come to the track and meet our members. We won’t bite (I hope) and you can have a peek at
the equipment and meet maybe the nicest folks who enjoy a hobby whereby you get to help the
racer who really wants to beat you., Now I ask you, how good is that?...different right?….so do
yourself a favour and come on down to our purpose built track at Brendale...Google Is your
friend..QRCCRA..it lives, it breathes racing.
We have a brand new series about to start next race meet, lets go racing everyone.

Finally I have run out of steam (I hear a sigh or two) so to all QRCCRA members please continue to
support our category, invite anyone remotely interested in RC racing to come and meet us on race
night or even at practice sessions and let’s grow the club and increase our numbers.

Final Results: 2018 SPEEDY RC V8 Supercar Challenge Series

Series Champion: Jasper Shapland 260 Pts
Series Runner Up: Gary Gregory 246
3rd. Place Nick Augen 207
4th. Place Darren Lester 200
5th. Place Greg Charlton 119
6th. Place Richard Christie 106
7th. Place John Taynton 100
8th. Place Cody Rooks 37
9th. Place Steve Chippendale 20

Official Photographer: Andrew Shapland.

This has been fun to do and I hope it can be repeated. Thank you everyone who has contributed to the success of this series thank you to the QRCCRA committee for their help and support, a very special thanks to Paul Dutton, our illustrious Treasurer and Official Race Director and all round
stalwart of the club. (I somehow dread the consequences of my words)……

Gary Gregory
Gas Tourer Delegate (for now)
Old 07-21-2018, 10:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Posted on behalf of Gary Gregory
Gas Tourer Rep.
QRCCRA

CountryHick and Scott_T like this.

Last edited by El Nitro; 07-22-2018 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Since there is a large Nitro race up at Brendale next weekend we would like to extend a welcome to any regular Brendale racers to come and have a run at Bayside.
Timing will be on from about lunch time, Noms from 4.30
Racing from 5pm.

ISTC 21.5 Juniors
ISTC 21.5
ISTC 13.5
ISTC Mod
Euro Truck
F1
12th Scale if they want
VTA
MINI
Anything else electric.
and
Gas Tourer if they arent runing at the titles.

If we get more than 3 in a class we WILL RUN THE CLASS.
Let have a great Race night.

Let me know numbers if possible to help with Catering please.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Default Biggest Qld IC state titles in years!!!

With record numbers of entrants for this day and age, the RCRA Qld IC Onroad Championship will unofficially kick off tomorrow with a full day of open practice.
The schedule is jam packed but if you want to see the best nitro pilots in Australia go head to head for 30mins at speeds over 110 Kph, the best time to come over and grab a good spot to view from will be about 2pm on Sunday afternoon (29th July).
Bring the kids, grab some lunch and a drink from the canteen and don't forget your heart medication.... This is going to be epic!!

See y'all there!

Sunday 2pm.... Brendale! The place to be
bigtez, aza79 and Scott_T like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.