Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

England Park Raceway, Brendale.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Congratulations Luke Sinanian on being the 40th online entry this week. You win the grand prize which is the pleasure of our company tonight. See you all in a few hours...
Old 03-13-2014, 09:59 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bigtez
Congratulations Luke Sinanian on being the 40th online entry this week. You win the grand prize which is the pleasure of our company tonight. See you all in a few hours...
40 Online Entries, does that beat last weeks record? SSF, its where its at
Old 03-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jason, it is probably best to talk to other guys running the Hobbywing speedy to find out what motors have decent brakes. I can only tell you that the Orion speeds have awesome brakes with the Trackstar and Reedy motors and okay brakes with SP motors as that is all I have used.
Terry. Im currently using the orion speedy with tp motor.

May have to put my old reedy motor in and give it a go.

Cheers
Old 03-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

In that case Jason, you should consider the Trackstar motors. At only $45 delivered, if you only buy one, they are excellent value and have the best brakes of any motor I have used. They are also meet ROAR specs but I believe their approval is not yet finalised as there is an issue relating to the number of retailers that sell them.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

We have a very important announcement to make...Steve Hanwright is no longer leading the Gas Tourer championship. Congratulations Richard Christie on taking over the top spot. The SSF championship also has a new leader, congratulations Tim Weier.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

We have a very important announcement to make...Steve Hanwright is no longer leading the Gas Tourer championship. Congratulations Richard Christie on taking over the top spot. The SSF championship also has a new leader, congratulations Tim Weier.
Good work guys!

http://www.qrccra.org.au/2014-gas-tourer-winter-series/
Old 03-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Thumbs up But more importantly.

Yes Terry,
I knew this would be the result of me not competing last night but I chose to help Lachlan as he was at point where some focus from me was very important.

So more importantly Lachaln Hanwright got first in the jounior SSF and while drive home last night it was clear to me I had made the right choice.

Also Thanks for spending some time with him coaching him after the meeting was over, I know he will improve even more with help like this. The club will continue to grow when we help each other and foster the new and younger drivers.

It was new perspective for me to be watching the GT final from pit lane with some key learnings for me. Great to see the newer guys giving it a red hot go in Gas Tourer Cooper was in the groove last night, can't wait to see him in Pro Tourer and Nathan was giving us a glimpse of what to come from this youngster.

Let's see what happens by the end of the season when we start to drop our worst rounds the points system will get a real jumble up in the last two meetings of the series. I have not given up..... I will be back
Old 03-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys,

I had a great time last night racing SSF. Well organised, great facility and what an awesome track! Took me a while to find my feat, but started to get it figured out towards the end of the night.......Just need to find some more speed now!

I will be back in a fortnight.

BTW: anyone found a solution to the bottom shock eyelits rubbing hardcore in a XRAY T4?

Luke

Last edited by TMS-99; 03-14-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Glad you enjoyed yourself Luke. On my T4 I have the +1.5mm hexes on the rear and a 0.75mm spacer on the front hexes.

Steve, it was my pleasure to be able to help Lachy out. Even in the 5 mins I spent with him his driving was a lot smoother and the car was a lot more settled. I can't till he gets out there next meet after practicing the things I told him to between race meets. I will put myself in the B heat next meeting so I can watch him a bit more closely through out the night.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TMS-99
Guys,

I had a great time last night racing SSF. Well organised, great facility and what an awesome track! Took me a while to find my feat, but started to get it figured out towards the end of the night.......Just need to find some more speed now!

BTW: anyone found a solution to the bottom shock eyelits rubbing hardcore in a XRAY T4?

Luke
Luke, there's always a little meat left in the FOAM rims, so with a truer you can ream out a little of it to fit. Also check the inner diameters of the wheel you used and measure up against others. You could always run fronts all round and while might be a slight disadvantage, it's cheaper in the long run!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guys,

Luke
I use two washers each side to space the rear wheels on the AE6.1. and one washer on the front.
The 30mm foam wheels are designed for the 1/10 IC cars, not 1/10 electric TC's.

I think you'll find most guys are using some sort of spacers, or wider hex's.

There's even a difference between wheel brands, eg: Contacts vs Xceeds.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am using +1.5mm hexes on the rear so the wheel clears the hub. But the inside of the wheel cuts a groove in the bottom of the shock eyelid when the suspension compresses. I have a feeling that now the groove is cut, it will be fine. Just curious if you guys have same problem. I was using contact tyres too, so maybe I will try another brand next time.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

You could also use the 2 hole arms and put the shock in the inner hole. That should give you a little bit more clearance. Mine have the groove worn in them and as yet I haven't had any issues. I did get a pack of spare shock ends though, just in case they do fail.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am using +1.5mm hexes on the rear so the wheel clears the hub. But the inside of the wheel cuts a groove in the bottom of the shock eyelid when the suspension compresses. I have a feeling that now the groove is cut, it will be fine. Just curious if you guys have same problem. I was using contact tyres too, so maybe I will try another brand next time.
Ive had a similar problem. But after it wears a bit, it may not wear all the way through.

The bottom shock ends must be mounted on the inner hole (yeah, that must be why I cant set my car up correctly for my driving style).

'Also wind your shock tensioners all the way down.

That may not remedy the problem, but at least it may make your car handle in such a way I can stay with you!

Glad I could help!

Last edited by El Nitro; 03-14-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Les
Tech Addict

Default Gears

Hi There,

Wondering could anyone give me an idea what size pinion & Spur for a starting point , It's a Serpent S411, new foams, FDR is 2.00, running gear is 10.5T Speed Passion V3.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.