Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

England Park Raceway, Brendale.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Hey mr finch you on a 21 this meet you only been saying the last 3 meets next one cavey bout time you keep that deal with Paul too lol ... Off to nominate on line now see you tomorrow arvo boys
Old 03-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cavey
Hey mr finch you on a 21 this meet you only been saying the last 3 meets next one cavey bout time you keep that deal with Paul too lol ... Off to nominate on line now see you tomorrow arvo boys
Luke will be running, he cant get enough of the MRX5, even Guy might come out for a try
Old 03-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile History

Originally Posted by finchy
General Talks = the infamous Ken Sweeny. He got the nickname " the General " when we used to run gas tourers many years ago. When it was pull start motors and HPI Rubber tires. That class taught you how to set up and drive the cars. Now GT uses foam tires I think it's lost it's shine a bit. But that's my personal opinion only. So don't get upset GT drivers.
hey Finchy

You've let the cat out of the bag (Jesse?).

Those little OS motors were great...they used to go hard...with a bit of a fiddle.
Those HPI tyres cost a fortune: over $100 per set

We used to race 1/10 off-road on a track we made outside where Bunnings is at Lawnton. Then we set up a track in the Lawnton Showgrounds. We held an Australian titles there...about 1980 I think. Keith Berry was always a contender.
We were racing Frogs, Hotshots, Mugen Bulldogs, Kyosho Dogfighters and RC10s.

Just a bit of history.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GENERALTALKS
hey Finchy

You've let the cat out of the bag (Jesse?).

Those little OS motors were great...they used to go hard...with a bit of a fiddle.
Those HPI tyres cost a fortune: over $100 per set

We used to race 1/10 off-road on a track we made outside where Bunnings is at Lawnton. Then we set up a track in the Lawnton Showgrounds. We held an Australian titles there...about 1980 I think. Keith Berry was always a contender.
We were racing Frogs, Hotshots, Mugen Bulldogs, Kyosho Dogfighters and RC10s.

Just a bit of history.
If you write it with a little more detail I'm sure the committee would have a good look at it and post it with credits.

Who was WE?
Track details?
Car specifics?
Motives and Emotions?

Your brief surely has 2 pages of wonderful history that we should preserve.

http://www.qrccra.org.au/gallery/memory-lane/
Old 03-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
If you write it with a little more detail I'm sure the committee would have a good look at it and post it with credits.

Who was WE?
Track details?
Car specifics?
Motives and Emotions?

Your brief surely has 2 pages of wonderful history that we should preserve.

http://www.qrccra.org.au/gallery/memory-lane/
Agreed!
I believe the club and it's members should be able to reflect on it's rich history through the stories and memories of long time members.
These are the guys over the years who have sacrificed countless volunteer hours, $$$ and provided us with what we have today.
It's so easy to take what we have for granted but it was built with blood sweat and I'm sure a few tears of our forefathers.
Only dedication, co-operation and unity will move us forward.

Now! Who's coming racing tonight?
Old 03-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I talked to Keith B and he is going to write some history of EPR.

I suggested he try and include dates of when things happened. (more meaningful then).

He was going to try and team up with Trev to work something out.

Hopefully.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nice work JAson. I can't wait to read it.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:39 AM
Les
Tech Addict

Default Racing

Well after 4 months and travelling 8000klm through SA, VIC, NSW we are now in Taree so only 600KLM to go and we are in Caloundra Qld, I rate Brendale so highly I have come all this way to race the rest of the season (from 6th april), with only one small netball track left in WA for Nitro the options are few, I think the Brendale facility is great, and all the people involved are very passionate good people, I hope I remember how to start my engine its been a while LOL
Old 03-09-2014, 01:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

That's great news Les. We look forward to seeing you at the track. What class/es do you run?
Old 03-09-2014, 01:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Thumbs up Welcome les.

Originally Posted by Les
Well after 4 months and travelling 8000klm through SA, VIC, NSW we are now in Taree so only 600KLM to go and we are in Caloundra Qld, I rate Brendale so highly I have come all this way to race the rest of the season (from 6th april), with only one small netball track left in WA for Nitro the options are few, I think the Brendale facility is great, and all the people involved are very passionate good people, I hope I remember how to start my engine its been a while LOL
Welcome to you and your pit crew

Steve H
Old 03-09-2014, 03:33 AM
Les
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigtez
That's great news Les. We look forward to seeing you at the track. What class/es do you run?
Cheers thanx, I have a Capricorn tourer havn't raced it yet, also a gas class Kyosho with OS TG engine and a Serpent 1/10th electric with 10.5T & foams, I done my research on classes b4 we left lol
Old 03-09-2014, 03:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds like you have all of our most popular classes covered. So you should be in RC nirvana when you get here.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:37 AM
Les
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shanwright
Welcome to you and your pit crew

Steve H
Thank you Steve, much appreciated

Cheers
Old 03-09-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Thumbs up What a great night on Saturday

Once again the track came alive on Saturday night at England park race way.
The pits where a buzz with that essential mix of old faces (some might say vintage ) and the up and coming club champions.

With the bikes, SSF, Juniors, two full classes of 1/10 pro tourer and a full class of 1/8th. 39 competitors in total. We were well catered for by our own chearfully chef Harry.

The racing was exciting across all class's, great to see some guys working there way through the ranks on nitro and having a drive with the faster class of pro touer. A special note to one of our youngest members having a red hot drive in pro tourer with only a GT motor it goes to show that good driving can make for good lap times not just horsepower.

Great to see the numbers in junior SSF increasing too.

Jeff was trialling a new low cost pro tourer Novarossi engine with great results, so if you want to give pro tourer a try you can get a good engine for under $200.

Awesome to see a health field of 1/8s ripping a round the circuit. Holey hole in a donut batman those cars are quick....

Sorry but the race results have not uploaded..... &@~#% computers and the £^%#} internet thing. We where there until 1:30 trying but we pulled the pin, sorry Terry might need you to try next time you can get there. P.S. You'll never guess who's leading... The championship points..

I would like to thank all the club members that have work for many many years to build the club to be what it is today with a special thank you to the guys that have been race directors at these club meeting and race their own cars at the same time ... It does gets busy some times but everyone pitches in and we get it done. As always there are lots of people behind the scenes too thanks to all of you.. You know who I mean.

Check out the new web site too...

Steve Hanwright,
Love this great club..
Old 03-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Big thanks to Rob and Martyn for being my guardian angels and cleaning up the kitchen without me knowing about it. It's altruistic initiatives like these from our fellow clubmates that makes membership at England Park more than a RC membership, it's an association with really good people.

Thanks Steve for race control, Andrew for sticking his neck out sooo far and still standing tall and specially for the all the support they give to all the members.

CLub Championship points are now on the website. They're embedded into our site from MYRCM so we won't have to worry about clicking here there and without weird looking URLS.

http://www.qrccra.org.au/2014-pro-tourer-winter-series/
http://www.qrccra.org.au/2014-8th-scale-winter-series/
http://www.qrccra.org.au/2014-gas-tourer-winter-series/
http://www.qrccra.org.au/2014-5th-bikes-winter-series/
http://www.qrccra.org.au/2014-ssf-winter-series/

When it all seems futile and the good people come to the rescue, you know that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Thanks guys!

h

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.