Old 11-25-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RC
Old 11-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozoner

Hmm.. Stopping/slowing global warming to the best of our ability and knowledge is not in the best interests of Australia you reckon?? Think outside the economy in the short term, think about what you said, think about what your kids are going to have to endure in 50 years time, and let's discuss it further. Preferably with some foresight this time.

Scott.
If the economy is stuffed your kids won't have a country to live in so global warming warming will be the least of our problems. If you read what I said there has to be a balance. So please discuss with some foresight this time.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Big things start from small things.

So do we just all throw our hands in the air and say "we're insignificant" ?? Or do we do the best we can, in the areas that we can, and use this to show our big brother allies (like the US and China - fellow non-Kyoto signatories) that it's really important to do so.

Any reduction in emissions is good. Starting small is the ONLY way you're ever goign to get anywhere in something of this magnitude.

Scott.
Well if big things start from small things I think you should do your bit and give up your petrol vehicles, motorsport, power-sucking electrical gadgets, plasma TVs then. It's only fair you back up your own beliefs or isn't it important enough for you to give up these things.

Last edited by mharlow; 11-26-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there is more than life to R/C (believe it or not)... and one thread topical to a reasonable number of people is hardly going to dilute r/ctech to the point where r/c takes a back seat

if you dont like it ... dont read it, if you dont like it and do read it dont post 'stupid' off topic posts otherwise the thread will be moderated ... your posts will be removed

however to the punters who like to comment it is a fair point to make regarding profanities... there are many words in the language to describe a range of situations, choose one other than a profanity to get your point across
Old 11-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well if big things start from small things I think you should do your bit and give up your petrol vehicles, motorsport, power-sucking electrical gadgets, plasma TVs then. It's only fair you put your money where your mouth is.
Absolutely agree - having those things is hypocritical of me, and I said that in my original post. But if we could use those elctronics with clean(er?) power, and I could use my hydrogen car, surely that's a long term workable solution, and should be our aim.

There's no point in having an economy if you don't have a livable world to have one in

But yes.... RC...

Scott.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

There's no point in having an economy if you don't have a livable world to have one in

But yes.... RC...

Scott.
Agree but theres also no point in having a liveable world with no economy.

Now if only we can get these politicians to give us money for our hobby.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mharlow
Agree but theres also no point in having a liveable world with no economy.
We can go back to the barter system! MH I'll give you a tomatoe for your B44........... na make that half a tomatoe!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by X5 Addict
We can go back to the barter system! MH I'll give you a tomatoe for your B44........... na make that half a tomatoe!
Sounds good I'll give you some bits and pieces for your X5.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pkmck111
Can the MODERATORS just get rid of this thread.

It is an RC Site..
errr itsa a forum,... if yu delete the useless info here yu would be left with probly 3 posts

Encourage KID's .
why?? just so they can whip yur ass in a year or two and be so smug about it..
If you don't go so well DON'T swear..
But it makes me feel better
Be friendly...

winning is NOT EVERYTHING !!!!!
I beleive that John Howard would be about the only one to agree with yu here
Old 11-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Tech Regular

To keep your track going you need members that is what the Council uses to give out GRANTS.

oops almost missed this one pumpkin111 .... your best bet would be to give K Rudd a call about now re getting a grant he's probly in a good mood..hahahahaha
Old 11-26-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

attached
Attached Files

Last edited by tony2; 11-27-2015 at 03:41 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tony2
I find thats its generally the higher educated person that votes for the liberal party.

All i can tell you is that the construction industry, small - medium business (all hobby shops and importers) and the economy will be stuffed.

Labor have never been good at controlling the economy.

Also start saving to buy cheap houses its interest rates are almost set to hit a 15 year high!

Read this
Agreed, scary times ahead.
I believe Labor will hold office for one term, the libs will be back in 2010.

Originally Posted by pirate60
For me it was an easy choice: Mr Howard stated that he would retire halfway through his term. I was not going to vote for a guy who would only be there for half the time and then an unknown step in. So, Mr Rudd got my vote.
Gee, glad you thought about it
Old 11-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by tony2; 11-27-2015 at 03:42 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tony2
I find thats its generally the higher educated person that votes for the liberal party.

All i can tell you is that the construction industry, small - medium business (all hobby shops and importers) and the economy will be stuffed.

Labor have never been good at controlling the economy.

Also start saving to buy cheap houses its interest rates are almost set to hit a 15 year high!

Read this
yu sayin only the stupid people voted Labor???? shit i mus be stoopid and I isn't edjukated... jk.. (along with a shitload of others..)

as for interest rates....deerrrrrrr they are at 11 year highs now...only problem is houses are at highest value ever due to the incompetent PREVIOUS govt...
Old 11-26-2007, 02:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Bull shit

Cant remember Bull shit From a PM ,poor bugger cant remember the Hawk and Keating years,when they put us into resession and planted all those trees and got all the children out off poverty oh forgot they just lied through their whole term .all liberal have done is get the country into great shape and we cant have that can we .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.