Old 11-24-2007, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Thumbs down Australia is Offical Stuffed

Labor has won the vote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:22 AM
Tech Master

Good, I detest the Liberal party and all their lies.
Kevin Rudd is a breathe of fresh air, I really like him.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coopz
Good attitude lets let the unions run the country again. Who needs low inflation, low interest rates and low unemployment anyway.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mharlow
Good attitude lets let the unions run the country again. Who needs low inflation, low interest rates and low unemployment anyway.
Yeah, we will see how long till someone goes on strike
Old 11-24-2007, 03:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mharlow
Low? I counted 6 straight rate rises, and we still have the highest rates in the modernised world.

That's Low to you?
Old 11-24-2007, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coopz
Mate, it doesn't matter what the pollys promise in an election, is still has to pass the senate. They are the ones with the final say.
And as far as interest rates, keep an eye on the US economy, when it crumbles into a recession again, we will too.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
Low? I counted 6 straight rate rises, and we still have the highest rates in the modernised world.

That's Low to you?
What about the 6 rate decreases that came before these increases. I've worked in the finance industry for 22 years and I can tell you rates are low at the moment compared to previous labor governments. Hope you don't have a big mortgage or you've got fixed rate loans.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Australia has fought for well over 100yrs for workers rights, then to have a knee high bushy eye brow'd a$$ kissing george lover to wipe it out at a stroke of a pen, It's time to go "JOHN HOWARD" It'll take another 100yrs to get it all back, good riddens i say, dump on him like he dumped on the Ozzy worker
Old 11-24-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hmm... my last understanding, the reserve bank sets the rates without any influence. Also im in vic and the unions dont have the power of yesteryear so i think thats just scare mungering
Old 11-24-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ahh great, its started to rain...........looks like the dark cloud is upon as already...... I guess we now have to wait and see if the right decision was made in 6-8 months time. Wouldn't be buying a house right now though, or trying to sell one lol........
Old 11-24-2007, 04:19 AM
Tech Master

Inflation going up, Rates going up, petrol going up, Operation Fucking Disaster (Iraq), Work choices not popular, Economy overheating, Recession looming, Howard retiring regardless of outcome, Costello not popular with the people ect..

All the Liberal Fanbois revert to the recession we had in the early 90's that the entire Western World went through. The Labor people who were present then have retired or moved on. The Libs have done a good job but they have also ridden a economic boom train that most countries have experienced to a degree.

After all, the Libs have always been big business focussed where as Labor have been more worker focused, its good to have balance in the leadership.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I live in the Beaudesert Shire, work for the Beaudsesert Council, am trying to build a small business and pay off a mortgage all this with twins on the way. There is not a single thing that Labor would do to benefit people in my situation, yet still

Forde just voted in Brett Raguse LAB, I am still trying to come to terms with the astounding stupidity of the Australian public. Fancy voting in a party member from the same party that has now ruined your council, and through this action will provide for higher water charges, council rates and sewerage charges levied on us via the Logan City Council (LAB). On top of this the Labor party is now un-apposed to raise the GST, they will no doubtadly spend copious amounts of the surplus money therefore forcing the Reserve bank to raise interest levels, but not by .25%, maybe about 1 - 2% at a time, we will see higher Immigration levels therefore less work for the people already here, we will see higher levels of Union bullshit, and to top it all off, the people that voted the labor party in because they were scared of losing their jobs becuase of the new IR laws due to the fact they are complete nobs and should be sacked for not pulling their weight, will get a $10 pay rise only to be sitting on the dole a year later and costing the Australian tax payer another fortune, causing yet more hikes in taxes and rates, because no business will be able to afford to higher the gumby yobs due to their inept forsight voting Elma Fudd and the labor (UNION party in and forcing our people out of work to bring in OS labor forces to work for next to nothing.

All I can say is this

COMMON SENSE IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THAT COMMON

I sincerely hope that somehow the Labor party has changed it's ways......for the sake of this whole blody country
Old 11-24-2007, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

Well the entire country is now under Labor, all the states and the Federal seats. Can only hope they keep their heads and do things one step at a time, in the right direction.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yeh but howard and costello always said how much surplus we had yet our hospitals are understaffed and roads are under cared for i just think that the sake of saving for the sake of it is stupid and pointless and right now howard has promised to spend more then rudd. plus howard was getting cocky and stale and i think costello would be mr bush's bitch even more than howard so.
with all politics its the lesser of the two evils.
go watch man of the year with robin wiliams, he says a linetowards the end:
politicians are like nappies, u need to change them often and their all full of s#!$
Old 11-24-2007, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Work choices was a good thing . . . . the only ones that wouldn't agree are the hopeless workers that take 45 mins tea breaks and think they should be able to take as many sickies as they want with no risk of getting sacked.

If you are a good trustworthy worker work choices has made it much easier to earn more than the award ever gave you. If you have one of the minority bosses that treats their workers badly and abuses the system then there has not been a better time to walk out of your current job into a better job with better money and better boss. Pity Howard didn't get a chance to cut welfare payments to some groups of the unemployed before he was outed. He could have then directed that money to the more deserving like the elderly and handicapped.

Whilst there has been 6 interest rate rises I'd rather have 6 interest rate rises from the record low rates that existed under the Libs, rather than 6 interest rates decreases from the worst under Labour.

It will be interesting to see how Rudd goes, as much as he is just a spokesman I do like him and I hope he chooses to keep his promises . . . . one day there has to be a politician that can do that.

One hope I do have for Labour is for them to help reinstate the manufacturing industry in Australia. It's been sad to watch manufacturing die in Australia because we simply couldn't continue to be competitive price wise. Rather than increase interest rates, how about we increase the cost of goods imported into Australia to encourage the purchase of Aust made goods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.