Wiki Posts
Search

Australia is Offical Stuffed

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
Well I live in the Beaudesert Shire, work for the Beaudsesert Council, am trying to build a small business and pay off a mortgage all this with twins on the way. There is not a single thing that Labor would do to benefit people in my situation, yet still

Forde just voted in Brett Raguse LAB, I am still trying to come to terms with the astounding stupidity of the Australian public. Fancy voting in a party member from the same party that has now ruined your council, and through this action will provide for higher water charges, council rates and sewerage charges levied on us via the Logan City Council (LAB). On top of this the Labor party is now un-apposed to raise the GST, they will no doubtadly spend copious amounts of the surplus money therefore forcing the Reserve bank to raise interest levels, but not by .25%, maybe about 1 - 2% at a time, we will see higher Immigration levels therefore less work for the people already here, we will see higher levels of Union bullshit, and to top it all off, the people that voted the labor party in because they were scared of losing their jobs becuase of the new IR laws due to the fact they are complete nobs and should be sacked for not pulling their weight, will get a $10 pay rise only to be sitting on the dole a year later and costing the Australian tax payer another fortune, causing yet more hikes in taxes and rates, because no business will be able to afford to higher the gumby yobs due to their inept forsight voting Elma Fudd and the labor (UNION party in and forcing our people out of work to bring in OS labor forces to work for next to nothing.

All I can say is this

COMMON SENSE IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THAT COMMON

I sincerely hope that somehow the Labor party has changed it's ways......for the sake of this whole blody country
You are a complete drongo, you forget it's the worker that keeps boss in there leather chairs and lets them drive there expensive company cars, keep the workers happy and pay them what there worth not a minimum wage and company's will grow, screw the fat cats, Queensland has never had it so good always subsidized by other states. the LIBERAL GOV shot itself in the foot by bringing the IR laws and AWA's, just hope anybody working for you are not screwed for wages
Old 11-24-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

A sad day for Australia.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you think the worker is the backbone of our society perhaps you should move to russia or china where the worker has oh so many luxuries.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugenville
You are a complete drongo, you forget it's the worker that keeps boss in there leather chairs and lets them drive there expensive company cars, keep the workers happy and pay them what there worth not a minimum wage and company's will grow, screw the fat cats, Queensland has never had it so good always subsidized by other states. the LIBERAL GOV shot itself in the foot by bringing the IR laws and AWA's, just hope anybody working for you are not screwed for wages

You right mate, I must be drongo for having the gumption to get off my NON union backed lazy fat arse, to actually strive to better myself rather than sit their and expect something for nothing or better yet, have some other fat arse knob union rep do it for me.

Your the typical type that always voiced their opinions against the IR laws because its workers like you that keep demanding more money for no extra effort. You really think under labor your going to be better off? I hope you know something the rest of us dont because if history is anything to go by we are well and truelly screwed. I bet President Bush is sitting in the White House with a massive grin on his face. You think Johnny was his bitch, wait to you see what Elma Fudd will do for Bush.

Im not aligned either way, all I know is my parents lost 2 houses under labor and now I stand to lose one, plus a business. The thing that really makes me laugh is you really believe the Labor party works for the worker......you just have to look at the states to see how a labor gov will run the country....but the saying is "a change is as good as a holiday". Just unfortunate we might all be on holdiays sooner than we'd expected.

The IR laws were a good thing and if you really believe the Labor party will remove them your more nieve than first thought. Do you really think they'll give up that kind of control over the work force? I dont think so..............

As I said im not aligned either way, I currently dont employ anyone and still work for the council, I hope in a years time i can still say the same thing....at least....
Old 11-24-2007, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mharlow
Good attitude lets let the unions run the country again. Who needs low inflation, low interest rates and low unemployment anyway.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well lets hope the state labor nobs decide to fix some roads. Peter Beattie couldn't see any further north than the Sunshine Coast, yet when it rains (hard) the road fro Townsville to Cairns floods and you cant get through, yet a 5m bike path in Brisvegus was a good idea?
Any ideas on good ol Capt'n Bligh or is she just as blind... Yes I know she is state premier..
Old 11-24-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

[QUOTE=dirtdustingdavo;3898841]Well lets hope the state labor nobs decide to fix some roads. Peter Beattie couldn't see any further north than the Sunshine Coast

A bit like how a lot of Sydney people can't envisage anything west of Penrith...

I for one, am tired of being told by the Libs that "I've never had it so good"
Working 6 days a week is doing jack s@#t for me. As for the huge budget surplus's, most of that is from selling off the commonwealth infrastructure so the fat cats can rip us off more (ie Telstra).

Maybe labor will be no better, time will tell. It was, however, time for a change. I'm happy to cast my vote the other way to see if things will be a little greener for me.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugenville
Australia has fought for well over 100yrs for workers rights, then to have a knee high bushy eye brow'd a$$ kissing george lover to wipe it out at a stroke of a pen, It's time to go "JOHN HOWARD" It'll take another 100yrs to get it all back, good riddens i say, dump on him like he dumped on the Ozzy worker
I’m right beside you bro

The beauty of a democratic process is that WE the people decide. WE HAVE DECIDED. Keeping aside emotional forms of commentary towards this election, one thing is evident.

Labor ran a very effective campaign that used central routes of persuasion to the citizenship. Howard, has, for all his election campaigns, used peripheral, emotional routes of persuasion. Basic theories on psychology show that central routes of persuasion (the type used by Labor) take longer to kick in, and take effect in peoples minds, although in the long run they are allot more effective than peripheral routes of persuasion (liberal tactics).

why?

Because central routes of persuasion use evidence, and provides reasons for why you say something. Effectively what you are doing is allowing the voters to critically analyse what you say. If, what you say is true, then you have convinced them in a much deeper cognitive manner than if you used peripheral routes of persuasion alone. This is not to say that Labor only used central routes, but their campaign had a huge "explanation of the problems" type element to it.

Here is a link to what I am explaining. It is called the "ELM model" and is used in all forms of communications that requires communication of a message.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elabora...kelihood_model

The beauty of democracy is, if Labor is no good, well then another group will be given a chance.

IN THE MEANTIME, THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN, AGAIN like they do every 3 or so years.

And yes, I am one of the happy ones

A new Dawn, to hopefully an even better Australia. 219 years old, and still growing strong!
Old 11-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mharlow
Good attitude lets let the unions run the country again. Who needs low inflation, low interest rates and low unemployment anyway.
here is a basic term used in statistics. Some of you guys might want to look into it.

"Correlation does not mean causation"

basically, it means because something occured around another event does not imply it directly caused it, (basic scientific investigation theory). This is especially useful when looking at world economics and it's effects on national economics. Sometimes internal economic dynamics are influenced by external sources as much as internal ones.

Look beyond what you have heard, and investigate what is told to you a little more deeper, and you will realise it isn't all black and white.

and then you have this quote:
"To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed . . ."
George Orwell's novel 1984

...which i have not read yet...f*ck man that's fricken embarrasing!

some of you blokes should also read up on the history of industrialisation of European countries, as well as pre and post ww1 and 2 history and the workers movements that occured in these periods afterwards especially. You really can't make commentary on "the big bad unions" or "the big bad corporations" or the "big bad businesses" or "the big bad working class hobos" or any other "big baddies" you want to talk about if you haven't read any history...
Old 11-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

The goose only gained popularity from channel 7's sunrise program. Let's blame the media for putting our countries stability at risk. Just goes to show how easily brainwashed we all are. Ah well, what done is done, let's hope he doesnt stuff things up like Bob and Paul.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Where all F&%D

OK so whos comming to russia with Mango and Me or should it beand has anyone seen Kevins L plates
Old 11-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hmmm....did any1 actually believe nething that Rudd said during his acceptance speech????

i know i didnt...i was 2 busy eating my pie.....well at least John Howard is out.....as 4 Kevin 07, lets see how it goes.....remember..."The changes begin 2moro."
Old 11-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Old 11-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Yesterday, even until I got to the polling centre I didnt know who I would vote for. I was concerned about what labour would do to my two mortgages, yet I HATE people who lie.

I kept saying that Johny and Kevin are just the front men. There is a lot more to government than the man that stands at the front.

I kept telling myself if Johny was able to show us a weapon of mass distruction that we have found in Iraq I would be a bit happier.

If he didnt lie about where our troops were and were not, I would feel better.

If he was able to do something about the GST which he PROMISED NEVER to bring in whilst fighting hewson, I would feel a bit better.

If he didnt LIE about children being thrown overboard, I would feel better.

If his government wasnt corrupt through the AWB and didnt throw money at the Saddam government so they could buy weapons to shoot against OUR troops, I could feel better.

I saw on Sunrise the other day that Johny says "I have never lied to the Australian public" I guess that was a lie as well.

If the Jake Kovco death wasnt covered up, I would feel better.

In the end I still voted for the lying prick because it was the lesser of two evils. I am not concerned about the work choices, it doesnt affect me directly so I have never paid it too much kudos, I will leave that to the people that are affected. But I do have my mortgages to pay off and that is what is important to me.

I guess time will tell how Mr Rudd goes.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

For me it was an easy choice: Mr Howard stated that he would retire halfway through his term. I was not going to vote for a guy who would only be there for half the time and then an unknown step in. So, Mr Rudd got my vote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.