Wiki Posts
Search

PERTH RADIO ELECTRIC CAR CLUB

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 02:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can see this argument going much longer so to cut through it,

guys, it is a sad day for me. Got told I had to work tuesday night! No mini racing this week but next week, yayz! and week after, and week after etc.

By next week, hopefully a few guys should have their xpress's on the track, so it'll be better.

Back to brushless, perhaps a specified gearing should be established for brushless-running competitors, so that the speed advantage is taken out of the equasion. It would require effort in that you'd need to experiment with it to get the right gearing for the track AND brushless, but I'm thinking that MAY be a way to go.

Stop me if it seems farfetched and gay. please oh please.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:59 AM
Tech Addict

This whole idea of TIME being the issue just doesn't sit right with me. I've been a member of 6 differant clubs over the last 15 years and all but PRECC has had re-grades when there are more than 10 drivers in a class.

At every other club I've been invloved with the Race Controller does bugger all to affect a re-grade. They normally sit at the computer for 30 to 60 seconds, most of that times spent waiting for the printer, they then stick the new grid list on the board and yell out, "Check your grids, frequencies and transponder numbers".
Transponders are not an issue at PRECC, we use personalls.
Frequencies are less of an issue now, with so many 2.4G systems.
The club rules recommend every member have 3 sets of crystals. I personally only have 2, but that is because since I've re-started racing I was going to buy a third set but as I've never had a clash, why should I bother.

So the TIME issue is NOT Frequencies, it's NOT Transponders. What is the committee saying? that PRECC members are too stupid to read a re-grid sheet.

Regarding the other part of the proposal, making a distinction between what is now Stock C and 540, there has been no feed back.
Maybe the guys who complain about being hacked by much faster cars in the 540 group just dont come onto this forum. I'm sure the committee knows what's best.

So I've had my rant, and based on what I've been reading, I don't think I'll bother printing off the proposals for tomorrow night.
It seems that the all powerful committee has spoken and us unimportant club MEMBERS shall just tow the line or ----- off.

The proposals were based on what I heard being discussed after racing. The porposals have been aired and the committee has spoken.

I'll go set my car up for tomorrow night now. Because regardless of what is and isn't the club rules, I love my racing and I'll be there to have a race and a bit of fun.

See ya all tomorrow night.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:18 AM
Tech Rookie

I for one would like to see the proposals and as far as Iam aware the committee has not spoken . Bring me the proposal and allow me to take it through to the next meeting. It will be given fiar evaluation wether you accept my word or not
Old 08-27-2007, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The proposals are both at the bottom of page 6. Toby, I'll sign the proposals, I won't be down tomorrow through.

How about running a trial period for the next month. Just so people can have a see of what the proposal is saying. And if the member's decision is no at the end, I will go through and fix the championship points up.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capelracer
Depends on the size of the track - on the bunbury track the brushless is definately faster.
Actually Big-D at our next points meet i might try a brushed motor in the new car and see how it goes compared to the brushless ok.

Taffyjnr5
Old 08-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think the committee should monitor the motors used in each class on a regular basis. And while doing it, they could also check tyres... I've seen a few foamies being used in the past... Don't have to get technical in anyway, just a quick glance and away you go!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:54 PM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Or a Watts up meter shows max volt&amp draw, almost like a dyno.
http://www.teamnovak.com/tech_info/m...ech/index.html

Motor Inductance: How To Tech For Motor Compliance The model of motor being used in a race can easily be determined by measuring the inductance of one phase of the motor. The steps below illustrate the method used.
Parts Required
Inductance Meter
Test leads with alligator clips on the ends
Motor to be tested

hope this helps
Old 09-05-2007, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Last night was pretty good. Had quite a big turnout. I was kind of liking the 1 minute break between rounds. Hehehe.... talk about keeping you on your tippy toes.... Keeps everyone alert! I think 90sec would be a little better, or maybe move the car/radio station a bit further away from the stairway. Was kinda packed between rounds with ppl crowding around that area. Went quite smoothly. Well done.

Here's a Q for the guys running a Spektrum system: Has anyone experienced glitching/shutdowns with their system? What ESC/servo combos are you running? I had numerous shutdown/failsafe activations last night, and the problem is not consistent every week. Tried almost everything, and just about to send the entire thing back to the distributor for a check. It doesn't glitch anywhere else though....

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Hi all, thought I would post. I have the futaba 2.4ghz and it has never glitched. Very happy with it, although the menu system is a bit too heavy without the owners manual handy for trackside quick adjustments.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Last night was pretty good. Had quite a big turnout. I was kind of liking the 1 minute break between rounds. Hehehe.... talk about keeping you on your tippy toes.... Keeps everyone alert! I think 90sec would be a little better, or maybe move the car/radio station a bit further away from the stairway. Was kinda packed between rounds with ppl crowding around that area. Went quite smoothly. Well done.

Here's a Q for the guys running a Spektrum system: Has anyone experienced glitching/shutdowns with their system? What ESC/servo combos are you running? I had numerous shutdown/failsafe activations last night, and the problem is not consistent every week. Tried almost everything, and just about to send the entire thing back to the distributor for a check. It doesn't glitch anywhere else though....

Thanks!

Are you using one of the Spektrum capacitors with the reciever? Plugs into the reciever. A lot of people have complained of similar problems in the Spektrum thread in Electric On-road, they reckon some servo/transponder/esc combinations don't supply enough current, thus causing the Spektrum to go to failsafe until it can re-aquire the transmitter signal.

I think I saw one on the shelf at Ryper a couple of weeks/months ago, give Dave a call, it might save sending your system away for weeks/months...

Old 09-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
Are you using one of the Spektrum capacitors with the reciever? Plugs into the reciever. A lot of people have complained of similar problems in the Spektrum thread in Electric On-road, they reckon some servo/transponder/esc combinations don't supply enough current, thus causing the Spektrum to go to failsafe until it can re-aquire the transmitter signal.

I think I saw one on the shelf at Ryper a couple of weeks/months ago, give Dave a call, it might save sending your system away for weeks/months...

I'm using a 4700uf16v cap on the RX at the moment. I think I've narrowed it down to the module in both my TXs. The glitching stops when I touch the TX aerial.... Apparently it grounds it out, and its a sign that the module is faulty... I'm going to send all my Spektrum TX modules and RXs for a check up and a firmware update too. RCGaryK from Spektrum has confirmed that there is a problem with my module.... *sigh*.... Looks like its back to FM for a few months!

Funny thing is that on Tuesday, Sam was also experiencing some glitching issues... no shutdowns though.

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

maybe move the car/radio station a bit further away from the stairway. Was kinda packed between rounds with ppl crowding around that area. Went quite smoothly. Well done.

It will be all diffrent this week with the pit area moving to one end of the other court so there will be no crowding around the stairs x fingers and heaps of marshilling area
Old 09-05-2007, 11:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

If anyone wants to try a Spektrum cap, I still have one lying around, I thought the Baja would need it but it hasn't

As for the PRECC committee, pfft what do you need members for anyway? LISTEN TO YOUR MEMBERS, NO MEMBERS = NO CLUB!
It's like any heirachy I have seen in RC racing locally, be it a PRECC committee or the Team Adrenaline website, the few with the power get the ego, and it's all about them retaining control.

Whatever gets you off at night boys!

Thought this hobby was sposed to be fun.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
If anyone wants to try a Spektrum cap, I still have one lying around, I thought the Baja would need it but it hasn't

As for the PRECC committee, pfft what do you need members for anyway? LISTEN TO YOUR MEMBERS, NO MEMBERS = NO CLUB!
It's like any heirachy I have seen in RC racing locally, be it a PRECC committee or the Team Adrenaline website, the few with the power get the ego, and it's all about them retaining control.

Whatever gets you off at night boys!

Thought this hobby was sposed to be fun.
We all thought you'd left?

So much for wishing on a star...

Old 09-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Carpet racing

Hi,
Whats a good cheap carpet to use for indoor carpet racing as we are looking at setting up an indoor electric club in Bunbury for next year. Thanks

Taffyjnr5
Cyclone
Novak 13.5
Spektrum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.