Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PERTH RADIO ELECTRIC CAR CLUB

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Loved stock racing at carpet states and if brushless were allowed i would definitly race every couple of weeks.
So count me in
Husky
Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Will the proposed class changes bring precc's rules inline with other WA clubs or will it unique to precc only?

If the changes means we have the same class rules where ever we race (ryper, bunbury, etc) i'm all for it.

thumbs up for brushless too, Booyah !
Old 08-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

the rules will bring us inline with other clubs
Old 08-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mintygreen
Will the proposed class changes bring precc's rules inline with other WA clubs or will it unique to precc only?

If the changes means we have the same class rules where ever we race (ryper, bunbury, etc) i'm all for it.

thumbs up for brushless too, Booyah !
Did someone say interclub, I seem to remember a proposal about that being sent a few months ago.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PomAbroad
Did someone say interclub, I seem to remember a proposal about that being sent a few months ago.
yeswe need to talk about that and do some thing if your racing this weekend i may come and see you
Old 08-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gforceracing67
yeswe need to talk about that and do some thing if your racing this weekend i may come and see you
I'll be there
Old 08-22-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I personally oppose this rule change, on the base of you high cost of a brushless system and you will have to have one to be competitive , and bollocks to anybody who says that brushless is no faster !!
Anybody up for some reverse track ??

Originally Posted by waOscar
While on the subject of proposals, talk is that some members wish to run Brushless Stock in STOCK class.
As most clubs are now combining Brushed and Brushless Stock for club racing, I think we should do the same.

Attached is another proposal.

Make constructive comments here.

Final proposal will again be ready next week for club members who agree to add there name and signature.

Happy racing,

Toby
Old 08-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by revsinc
I personally oppose this rule change, on the base of you high cost of a brushless system and you will have to have one to be competitive , and bollocks to anybody who says that brushless is no faster !!
brushless is no faster as you can see by the results Driver Name Posn Leg 1 Leg 2 Combined
Trevor Hows 1st 23/ 5m2.743s * 24/ 5m4.392s 24/ 5m4.392s
Ashley Sewell 2nd 24/ 5m6.707s 0/ * 24/ 5m6.707s
Anthony Finch 3rd 22/ 5m10.745s * 24/ 5m11.575s 24/ 5m11.575s brushless
Zacka Chan 4th 20/ 5m12.197s * 23/ 5m10.884s 23/ 5m10.884s brushless
Glenn Shelton 5th 23/ 5m11.061s 22/ 5m3.915s * 23/ 5m11.061s
Kevin Duffy 6th 4/ 1m58.527s 0/ * 4/ 1m58.527s

the other are running brushed motors so there
Old 08-22-2007, 02:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

It's not the motor on the PRECC track, it's whether you can stay clear of the flappers when transiting the end 2 chicanes that guarentees you a faster lap time. You just can't use any of the horsepower a brushless can generate, not even on the main straight.

If anything, a brushed motor has an advantage, they tend to be more punchy than a brushless.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Couple of things in reading over this thread:

1. I simply dont agree at this point in time that brushless is better in anyway than brushed other than maintenance, in my racing at ryper against brushless cars I am still quicker than them down the straight. Thats not to say that things may change in the future however for the time being I am convinced that brushed stock is just as good as brushless (again without the maintenance issues)

2. Hope you dont mind me rehashing old subjects from last page, how ever as a multisite recreation centre coordinator can you please make me aware as to what costs are charged to the club per hour for the hire of the courts as i maybe able to find a cheaper alternative for you all, not guaranteeing anything until i see the costs but will have a look for you all.

I do have a rec centre which may require a bit more of a further drive for you southys! but is very similar layout, a bit newer and more cleaner!
Old 08-22-2007, 03:57 AM
Tech Initiate

On the subject of brushless v brushed motors, it is easy to see a 27 turn motor, how can we tell if the brushless motor is equivilant to a 27 turn and not of a higher spec. I know nothing about brushless motors so please don't think I'm asking stupid questions.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sly33
Couple of things in reading over this thread:

2. Hope you dont mind me rehashing old subjects from last page, how ever as a multisite recreation centre coordinator can you please make me aware as to what costs are charged to the club per hour for the hire of the courts as i maybe able to find a cheaper alternative for you all, not guaranteeing anything until i see the costs but will have a look for you all.

I do have a rec centre which may require a bit more of a further drive for you southys! but is very similar layout, a bit newer and more cleaner!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with where we are now, its the most central location for EVERBODY
Old 08-22-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with where we are now, its the most central location for EVERBODY

I can't resist sorry.....

central except for us "southys"
Old 08-22-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Around and around in circles we go, where we stop nobody knows.

Once again the subject of classes has returned. Regrading and all that sounds cool, and great, but we don't have the TIME to do it.

With all the mucking around with making sure frequencies are correct, that it has been sorted properly, and people checking they are in the correct group takes too much time. We are already on a tight schedual as it is.

People are complaining that we are running too late, add the regrading in and we run later. Either that or we cut the number of rounds from 4 to 3, maybe drop the races from 5 to 4mins, or make it 1min between races???

It may sound easy but it is not. Other clubs (eg Ryper), run during the day they have the time to do regrades etc etc etc.... WE DONT.

--------

In regards to the brushless. Here we are getting asked to change the classes to match Aussie wide, but we are then being asked to go against the Aussie wide rules regarding the motors????? Go figure.

The moment they are approved they will be accepted, until then, no.

--------

sly33, in regards to the rec center, we are happy where we are.

So yes it is a little old, and can be messy, but as Matt said, it is perfect for us. Maybe one day we will get our own venue, but for now things are fine.

Thanks for the offer tho.

--------

PK
Old 08-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

brushless in....

if you can afford the initial outlay, do it. if not, stick with your brushed setup.

this has been argued already. Brushless is cheaper to run than stock is. hands down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.