Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEQ 1/5 Bike Racing...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If the bike fans haven't already seen it, this month's edition of R/C Racing TV has a story about r/c bikes - and an interview with the world champ. Go to www.rcracing.tv and follow the links to the latest online edition. R/C Racing TV is shown on pay tv in europe and they release one edition of the show each month.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Direct Link
Old 05-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ryan41
Lol, I hope you have plenty of parts for it chris
All you really need is a spare set of tyres for when the rear one wares out.., or, unless you smack full tilt into something hard.. Their pretty durable, alot more durable than my 1/10 tourers and buggies ever were...

Don't worry Chris, even if you do happen to bend something, I've got spares coming out of my ears... We'll make sure you never miss a race..

Scott,.. I saw that vid, that was Jimbo who won at the worlds I raced at in the UK last year at Brooklands.. I'm heading over again this year too for the British GP, and then doing the road trip with them all for the Worlds in Italy this year.. (September 9th)

Shaun
Old 05-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scaulfi
All you really need is a spare set of tyres for when the rear one wares out.., or, unless you smack full tilt into something hard.. Their pretty durable, alot more durable than my 1/10 tourers and buggies ever were...
The bike tyres do last for a long time too, I am still running the same tyres I bought back in Sept last year

Chris the best place to practice is the track

Simon
Old 05-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

scaulfi - do you know where I'd find a bike that will be competive straight up? Like is there a stocko competitve bike..or is TT elec's the one you have to start with then modify it?
Old 05-05-2007, 01:39 AM
Tech Adept

Talking ESC Australia

Hi Shaun,

In regards to the local made speedy,

I found a guy on the net who is her in australia who make's them.

If you do search you will be able to fine him. I think he is here on the coast.

I remember that he has a web site at Austarnet.

So I think he is here in Queensland.

Simon,

I know the best place is on the track, but I know of a couple of very large car parks that will be used first and then onto the track after that.

Last edited by speedrace; 05-05-2007 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Custom ESC

Hi Shaun & All,

Here is the link to the custom ESC that you talking about I think.

http://home.austarnet.com.au/iarmstrong/cars.htm

Old 05-05-2007, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hi guys, thought id come in and say hi! I recently got myself a TT ducati RTR kit for something different to do. in the process of stripping it down to put in my own electronics and have a bit of fun with it.

all in all, these bikes are pretty cool and can have heaps of fun with them BUT! who here has a real bike? i mean, do you ride a bike or just have an rc bike?

I currently ride an 01' model Kawasaki ZRX1200R.......a very potent battle cruiser!

anyone else?
Old 05-05-2007, 04:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitro dave
hi guys, thought id come in and say hi! I recently got myself a TT ducati RTR kit for something different to do. in the process of stripping it down to put in my own electronics and have a bit of fun with it.

all in all, these bikes are pretty cool and can have heaps of fun with them BUT! who here has a real bike? i mean, do you ride a bike or just have an rc bike?

I currently ride an 01' model Kawasaki ZRX1200R.......a very potent battle cruiser!

anyone else?
I race 125cc GP's (Honda RS125' 06) and 600 super sport (R6 Yammy) Also, Casey Stoner comes out to train us in his off-season/mid-season breaks...which I think is pretty cool given his status now..

And seeing as though this bike class is getting bigger, looks like a bit of fun
Old 05-05-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Talking What do you ride

Hi Nitro Dave,

I ride Honda ST1100.

I have had the bike since in 2000 when I bought it new.

I have come from sydney and did a lot of riding around sydney and now that I am on the Gold coast, I have done a lot of riding here as well.

Chris

Last edited by speedrace; 05-05-2007 at 04:47 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by speedrace
Hi Nitro Dave,

I ride Honda ST1100.

I have had the bike since in 2000 when I bought it new.

I have come from sydney and did a lot of riding around sydney and now that I am on the Gold coast, I have done a lot of riding here as well.

Chris

Never knew you rode Chris!

I don't have my road bike liscence...nor my bike L's... too dangerous to ride on the road these days..so the track is it for me
Old 05-05-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ryan I love dirt bikes, have had a few over the years but slowly one by one the guys I used to ride trails with got rid of them and it's just asking for trouble hitting the trails hard on your own, so no real bikes at the moment. But one day I will have another for sure

Simon
Old 05-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ryan41
scaulfi - do you know where I'd find a bike that will be competive straight up? Like is there a stocko competitve bike..or is TT elec's the one you have to start with then modify it?
Hi Ryan,.. it's probably the cheaper way to go at first just getting the stock TTe, then build it up to the way you want/need.. That's the way I did it 5yrs ago, but there was'nt that many chassis to choose from back then.. Now you have chassis coming out all over the place.. Have a look on the 2wheelhobbies.com site and see for your self..

If you know your keen on the bikes right from the start, you could go for a full comp chass like the Tornado KP07 or the McLarney Daytona,.. but both bikes are'nt rollers, you'll need forks, swingers, wheels, tyres, elecs etc... It's probably best to just get the TTe first though to see if it's for you..

Trust me though, if you ride real bikes these little bike are just as much fun.. I started riding dirt bikes when I was 10yrs old and have always had one up untill I was 21, got out of it for a while (money reasons etc) then I got into road bikes later on.. The first road bike I had was a baby blade 250rr then not to long ago I had a VTR1000 firestorm,.. awesome bike!...

These little bikes handle in just the same way as their bigger bros do,.. with the right setup of corse...

Chris, thanks for the link..
Old 05-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Useful link

Hey Shaun,

Your welcome,

I hope the link is the right one. I remember the guy as I was looking at getting a custom speedie a while back.

Hey Ryan,

I have been riding bikes since I 10yrs old.
I raced dirt bikes for about 4yrs and I stop.

When I was 17 I got trail bike and then moved onto road bikes.
My first road bike was a Honda CX 500 follow by a boy racer, Which was a GSXR750. THis bike came out in 83 and mine was three months old when I bought it. And at the time I still owned the other two bikes.

The GSXR750 was then the fastast bike on the road at that time and all of my mate's wanted to race me all of the time.

Then I sold that bike and did not have another bike of ten yrs.

After that I bought a CBR 600 I wanted to keep it for a year and then bought the ST1100 in 2000. It was the last one in the country at that time and was still in a box in Melbourne when I bought it.

The sale's person at the bike shop could only fine the bike in blue and I said no thanks and walked away.

For some reason I went back to that shop about two weeks later and the sale manager remember me and said was I still interested in the ST1100 in burgundy. I said yes and he told that he may know where he could get his hands on a bike and to call him back in the afternoon.

Well I did and he found my bike still boxed up in Melbourne.

And the rest is history.

So there you go Ryan and follow reader's,

You have all learnt something new about me........
Old 07-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

It's been a while since this thread was on the first page..

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know that UltraHobbies.com.au will have GRP's in stock soon for us all,.. they'll be the F/R Soft and Ex-Soft treaded tyres.. They should be available in the next week or two..

Also,.. I should have my 1/4 ARX dirt bike soon to test out, can't wait..! Here's some footage if you have'nt seen one run before.. http://www.desawa.co.uk/vids/arx540.wmv Enjoy..!!!
Attached Thumbnails SEQ 1/5 Bike Racing...-jenaarx01.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.