Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEQ 1/5 Bike Racing...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow SEQ 1/5 Bike Racing...

I'm thinking it's a good time to start a thread for bike racing, seeing we've already had about 6-7 meets so far since the start of the new track at Gilston.., and many more to come..

The club has offered the bikes a day of their own in the future if we can find the numbers.. Currently there is about 5-6 of us racing there every fortnight at their Onroad Electric days.. With lots of interest from people within the club and from some very interested onlookers, we could well have a full grid of bikes in no time..

We're currently racing any style 1/5 chassis setup at the moment, but to keep us all evenly pased we've been using Novak ss5800 BL systems and/or 12-10T brushed motors, or equivalent... We run these specs in the bikes cause stock motor setups are alot slower in the bikes compaired to in Touring cars.. (we've all agreed the speed from this setup is better for both beginners and more experenced drivers for the time being)...

As the class grows and we get more people joining in we eventually want to expand the classes to,... Elec. RTR/Stock class bikes - 27-19T w/NiMh batts,.. Open Elec. BL class - No motor turn limit w/NiMh or 7.4v/Lipo,.. and a Nitro bike class -.12 -.18... But for the time being it's open to anyone that wants to just join in the fun...

These bikes are an awesome form of RC Onroad racing, they have to be seen to know why.. Realistic cornering, wheelies, drifting into and out of the corners,.. if you like real bikes you'll love 1/5th's..

Gilston is holding a GP event soon, but for now I don't have any info just yet.. I'll keep you posted..

Btw,.. If you have a bike already and your a bit stuck with getting it setup to run properly, don't hesitate to bring it along to one of our elec. meets, we can help you get your bike sorted out and in racing form.. All the guys there are always willing to help out...

Shaun

Last edited by scaulfi; 03-02-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Good to see you on here Shaun, I am looking forward to the gold coast challenge where I hope to have both my electric and nitro bike running. I will bring the nitro to the electric meeting next weekend at Gilston on the 11th for some testing after racing the electric, you should bring you nitro as well. Anyone who wants to see these bikes go should come for a look Here is a pic of my electric, Shaun you need to post some pics of yours.

Simon
Attached Thumbnails SEQ 1/5 Bike Racing...-img_0121s.jpg  
Old 03-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, here's the chass I'm racing with at the mo.., and the lipo and nitro bikes..

Shaun
Attached Thumbnails SEQ 1/5 Bike Racing...-dsc04615.jpg   SEQ 1/5 Bike Racing...-dsc04366.jpg  
Old 03-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Gidday Shaun, do you kow when the race meeting is? If I am not tied up with things, I might see if I can make it up there for the race.
Eden
Old 03-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Eden,.. I think it's on the 1st April.. Just waiting for the offical info to be posted so I can post it here too.. Soon I hope..

Shaun
Old 03-04-2007, 03:56 AM
Tech Adept

Gday fellas, what run time do you get of a nitro bike? Have been looking at the thunder tiger and am curious how long your races are.
Thanks
Old 03-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

We have'nt raced the nitro bikes here yet, just the electrics so far, but I think you get about 7min or so run time out of a TTn tank from memory... They have a quick fill tube if you were to do a 10min final..

Shaun
Old 03-09-2007, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default GoldCoast Challange info...

Thought I should post this here seeing bikes are part of it too..

Would love to see some new faces with bikes, don't hold out, we know your out there.. lol

__________________________________________________ _______________

Hi Everyone

Gold Coast Challenge March 31, April 1

Special guests Racing Lines, Simon Feigl, & Jake Zarb at this stage.

Be part of history and drive to have your name inscribed on the winners board that will start from this year and run for the life of the club.

WILL YOUR NAME BE THE FIRST TO GO UP IN YOUR CLASS??????????????????

Classes:

• Touring Cars 540 ORRCA Rules

• Touring Cars Stock Interclub Rules

• Touring Cars Modified ORRCA Rules

• Pro Touring Cars (Rear Exhaust) IFMAR Rules

• Nitro Touring Cars (Side Exhaust), Interclub Rules

• 1/5th Motorcycle GP see club website for bike specs

Electric on Saturday

Stock

Modified

Gas on Sunday with the 1/5th bikes

ENTRIES ARE TO BE MADE ONLINE @

http://www.alycat.com/AlycatRC/Onlin...neEntries.html

use pul down menu to select the correct day

Select GoldCoastMarch31

or GoldCoastApril1

ENTRY FEE PAYABLE ON THE DAY

$20 first entry

$30 for two entries

Second entry only allowed if running on different days or you have a substitute marshal.

We will have a track marshall for both days and 1 lap penitaly will be applied for each non marshalling breach.

Program

Friday Open practice 12-5pm

Saturday/Sunday

Practice 9-9.45am

Drivers Briefing 9.45am

Racing 10am

Trophy presentation approximately

3pm Saturday

4pm Sunday

COME AND RACE ON ONE OF THE BEST TRACKS IN AUSTRALIA

Proceeds from this event will be going towards a permanent pit area

www.gcmr.org.au

__________________________________________________ _______________

Anyway, should be fun, can't wait..
Old 03-09-2007, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

well I ordered my TTN unfortunately I wont be here for the gold coast challenge but once I learn to drive this thing hopefully see you guys down at the coast for some racing.
do have a question in regards to shocks, I see on rcgroup forums they talk about replacing rear shock with revo shock. Seems like many are using the integy revo piggyback shock. Is there any real benefit on using the integy over genuine revo shock or mainly for looks, also those tornado usd forks are looking like a nice upgrade as well
Old 03-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stevenc
well I ordered my TTN unfortunately I wont be here for the gold coast challenge but once I learn to drive this thing hopefully see you guys down at the coast for some racing.
do have a question in regards to shocks, I see on rcgroup forums they talk about replacing rear shock with revo shock. Seems like many are using the integy revo piggyback shock. Is there any real benefit on using the integy over genuine revo shock or mainly for looks, also those tornado usd forks are looking like a nice upgrade as well
Hi Steven,.. cool!, maybe we'll be seeing you soon then..? But, if you have any probs getting it setup or even running it etc, don't hessitate to come down anyway,.. we'll get you, or the bike going for you in no time.. Sometimes it's better to be around oneanother for tips and running info.. you'll pick it up alot quicker, belive me..!

Yeah, the Integy Revo shocks make a huge difference, much softer and smoother than the stock shock.. Definetly not for show.. lol You will need to shorten the length of travel by putting an 8-10mm spacer inside it, or like I do, use a stong 10mm spring so it gives you some real droop and the shock won't top out.. Also, Neither are the Tornado USD's for show.. I've had mine for 6months and they work really well,.. really durable.. They have a dampened 1/12 sized shock inside each leg.. Their dual swingarms are great too.. They won't brake on you anytime soon.. HTH's

Btw, I see you made it over to RCGroups too.. Everyone over there are really helpfull..

Shaun
Old 03-10-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

Gidday Shaun,
from what I read, is the bike racing Sunday only?
I am trying to organise a trip up there for this meet at the moment.
Hopefully I will know for sure by the end of this week.
eden
Old 03-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Eden,.. yep, bikes are on Sunday.. It'll be good to see you again.. And to have some interstaters joining in..

Maybe it would be cheaper to fly up to the GoldCoast on Saturday, then maybe one of the local bike guys could pick you up from the airport.. Or fly to Brizzy and I could pick you up, stay hear for the night, and head down Sunday morning for the GP.. Then I could prop you off at the airport in the arvo..?? Up to you anyway...
Old 03-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Gidday Shaun,
that's what I'm thinking about except that there isn't a reasonably priced flight back on Sunday. (at an acceptable time anyway.) Hav other options I'm working on though.
Eden
Old 03-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Talking

HI Bike fans

Here is a pic from the weekend

See ya
BLUE 2
Old 03-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Shaun, your bikes always look good on the track. The only thing its needs is one of those GP style swingers and it would look the ducks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.