Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Thanks for Clearing things up Greg and Simon

I thought i was suffering from Alzheimers

Tony
Old 01-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

dont know whether this is off topic or not but thought it funny

Last edited by addicted; 09-09-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by heavy
Sure it looks the goods but doesn't translate that way on the track. probably a perfect match for your Sanyo cells - about the same level of competitiveness.

My mistake - probably caused by excessive laughter at the time - it's Xpress not Express - web site is http://www.rc-xpress.com/html/all.html

Run your Sanyo's in it and enjoy - not everyone needs the latesty gear to have fun.

cheers
Thanks for the link. I will go and check it out.

I dont know how many time I have to say this but I will be running IB4200's. Is it just me or is the average person in here realy this thick ?

Charles
Old 01-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kimbalion7
Ahhh Charles, i got the sanyos to explode at 46.56amp discharge after charging at 6 amps to a cut of temp of 48c let rest for 30 mins then did a controlled discharge starting from 10 amp increasing at a rate of 1 amp per second. Only one cell exploded at such a low current draw. All other cells exploded or vented above 50 amp draw. I did various charge and discharge rates to see what happens with the cells. So i didnt include that cell in my results as i thought it must have been faulty so used another to replace it in the results. Yes we brought in 100 of the Sanyos to do this test, but have about 3000 IB cells left for testing.

All cells exploded at 3c and 20c discharge continuous rates. Just to note the IB did vent not explode at the same control test IE: 6 amp charge 10 amp start, but noted that the IB didnt vent as early as the Sanyos. They vent more towards 60-65amp draw where as the Sanyo vented around the 55-60amp draw. This indicates that the cell manafacture is a stronger case and the vent system is set slightly higher in temp.

This is within design specs for the said cell.

Simon

PS. Now dont take this the wrony way, but Charles if you went to HarrisR/C website on the home page Tony introduces himself. So yer you werent looking hard enough, possibly not at all?? It sticks out like a bloody sore thumb ..... Perhaps you should re read all the websites that you have been looking at to see if you havent made any more errors??? This misinformation may have been posted in this thread?

One would expect a lower capacity cell to die at a lower discharge current. I thought the Vent opened at a particular Internal preasure. Not directly related to temperature ?.

It still doesnt explain why the IB4200's are exploding under normal race conditions.

Ok. Would you believe the Home page was the only page I didnt check. Pretty damm silly of me eh !. Yes, I did look. I looked at most of the pages. I just checked then and saw his name. Thankyou again.

Charles
Old 01-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cannon
Charles,
As for my website, I have not put my name on it but the contact us page has both email address and mobile phone number. Once again your credibility on research goes out the window.

Logical deduction would have meant that you could have determined who is who from the information on the websites and this thread.

And as for the Xpress car, believe what people tell you. The car has all the "bits" but is uncompetitive in todays racing.
Yes, You are correct. I did not look hard enough at the web pages. I didnt enter thru the home page. And for some silly reason I did not even bother to look at the Homepage.

As for the xpress. I would expect a car that is 5-7 years old should be less competative than the latest models. But at the time it was up their with the best. This was the same time the RC300's were up their with the best.

My comment was simply that it had all the Bells and Whistles. I made no comment on how competitive I thought it might be.

But surly it would still be very competative compared to the average cars available ?. I know the HPI Sprint 2 I bought handles like crap compared to the xpress.

Charles
Old 01-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Some interesting reading about the latest technology cells available today.

http://www.nrgdynamics.co.uk/matching.htm

Charles
Old 01-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by heavy
My mistake - probably caused by excessive laughter at the time - it's Xpress not Express - web site is http://www.rc-xpress.com/html/all.html
cheers
Thanks again for the link. I have checked it out and it does look like the "Xpress Pro Mike Swauger Special Kit". I am glad to see that original parts are still available.

I will do some research on who Mike Swauger is.

Charles
Old 01-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, Their are so many links with this Guy's name. He certainly was/is one of the top runners.

I can see why the spare parts are still available. Even though this chasis is 7 years old you can still buy them. Exactly the same one I have.

Price landed is Aus buying direct from the states does vary but some were around $400-450 AUD. A lot cheaper than I paid. But I did buy it at the shop at the track which does add a noticable amount to the price.

http://members.shaw.ca/hiiq2/rc/kit1.htm

Charles
Old 01-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mosc_007
Actualy if Greg is from Harris RC then he is the one one I will be buying from. It's hard to know who is who when they use Nicks. I only know them by their nicks.

And I will say it again. It's starting to sound like a broken record but no-one wants to admit what I am saying.

I agree %100 that the IB4200's are by far the most competative cell on the track. I have also said I would be running IB cells.

How can I make this any clearer ?

It was not an attack directed at any specific Matchers EG, Feral batteries or Harrs R-C. Unlike your attack which was direct at me personaly. The differance is you used my name. I used no-ones name.

Charles
Here's a tip for ya Mos,
If you check out the signature for Cannon and Addicted you may be able to figure out which matcher is which
Old 01-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow, Their are so many links with this Guy's name. He certainly was/is one of the top runners.
Charles
Yes,
Mike is one of the current top Mugen drivers and placed in the top ten at the 200mm tc worlds last sep, So he was AND is still a top runner!
Old 01-27-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by itchy b
Here's a tip for ya Mos,
If you check out the signature for Cannon and Addicted you may be able to figure out which matcher is which
Thankyou. I know which one Canon and Addicted own, It was their first names that I was not sure of.

Charles
Old 01-27-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by itchy b
Yes,
Mike is one of the current top Mugen drivers and placed in the top ten at the 200mm tc worlds last sep, So he was AND is still a top runner!

Glad to here that. Since he is still one of the Top guns that does explain why this model chasis is still available. Even after 7 years. It was probably one of the best ones available when I bought it. Which would explain why it was so expensive.

Charles
Old 01-27-2007, 11:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Glad to here that. Since he is still one of the Top guns that does explain why this model chasis is still available. Even after 7 years. It was probably one of the best ones available when I bought it. Which would explain why it was so expensive.

Charles

LOL LOL You make my day - comedy giant.