Search
Like Tree30Likes

St Ives RC Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
no way dude, you cant win anymore, you dont drive an X5 anymore, i guess the addiction is over, lol
na man still wearing the 24hr patches.
Since you have an X5 now do you inherit the "Bits and Pieces" stigma? I have stickers if you want??
Old 01-27-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...-n-pieces.html

Here you go Mikey, must be for X5 parts?
Old 01-27-2009, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by X5 Addict
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...-n-pieces.html

Here you go Mikey, must be for X5 parts?
ahh funny man, for a bits n pieces car, its probably the smoothest sounding car ive owned and probably the fastest, actually do u have any setups for it u used to run at st ives

catchya
Old 01-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

I'll have a dig Mikey see if I can find any setup sheets I used, but I can kinda remember what was working.

But it will only be valid for another 2 meets, then the track should chaaaaaaaaaaange......
Old 01-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

hi ho electric peeps.

is the xxx-cr a decent car ?

from what I can tell I think its still the current losi 2wd 1/10th buggy
Old 01-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vikingen
hi ho electric peeps.

is the xxx-cr a decent car ?

from what I can tell I think its still the current losi 2wd 1/10th buggy
yes its an excellent car and it is the current 2wd from losi, lots of people run them, so there will be plenty of help for you in regards to setup etc
Old 01-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quick gearing question.

These spur/pinion combinations all result in the same FDR (4.86):

- 72/36
- 74/37
- 66/33

Does that mean these 3 combinations will result in identical acceleration and top speed? Still trying to get my head around gearing.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

yes its an excellent car and it is the current 2wd from losi, lots of people run them, so there will be plenty of help for you in regards to setup etc
im looking at one in the for sale section.. it says "front and rear shock towers are BK2"

isn't this a previous model ? would there be a reason for this ?

cheers

EDIT : this one here http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...-ep-buggy.html
Old 01-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scrawl
Quick gearing question.

These spur/pinion combinations all result in the same FDR (4.86):

- 72/36
- 74/37
- 66/33

Does that mean these 3 combinations will result in identical acceleration and top speed? Still trying to get my head around gearing.
haha, no worries dude, this is one people stuggle with a bit, and the simple answer is yes, if the FDR works out the same then all 3 combos listed will give you the same accelleration and top speed. however to make it more complicated, there could be a slight variation in accelleration due to the different weight of the gears, in general in stock, your aim should be to use smallest gears possible, they will be lighter, have less rotating mass and there fore accellerate to max speed quicker, on the other side, smaller gears tend to be noisier and due to the tighter circle they form, there is generally less gear contact at any given point during the rotation (assuming each gearing combo is using the same 48 pitch gears, better gear contact is why people use 64 pitch gears sometimes). in stock it wont matter, if your mesh is set correctly, you wont strip a gear anyway. To stuff all of that up for you, the biggest affect the different spur/pinion combos will have is in positioning your motor, the smaller gears will have your motor further forward, the difference in acceleration will be undetectable, use the ratio which puts the motor in the best spot for handeling
Old 01-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vikingen
im looking at one in the for sale section.. it says "front and rear shock towers are BK2"

isn't this a previous model ? would there be a reason for this ?

cheers

EDIT : this one here http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...-ep-buggy.html
yeah, the models went
XXX
XXX BK1
XXX BK2
XXX CR

Mark must have had a preference to run the BK2 shock towers on the car to change the handling of it, but i dont know what the actual difference in handeling it would achieve, bet to ask him, you could always ask him if he has the original shock towers and if they could be thrown in, or for $160 inc postage i was thinking about buying this car too, i'd just buy it and get the CR shock towers yourself, then keep the bk2 ones as spares, or you might decide you like it with those towers on it, either way, the car is a good price
Old 01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

yeah, the models went
XXX
XXX BK1
XXX BK2
XXX CR

Mark must have had a preference to run the BK2 shock towers on the car to change the handling of it, but i dont know what the actual difference in handeling it would achieve, bet to ask him, you could always ask him if he has the original shock towers and if they could be thrown in, or for $160 inc postage i was thinking about buying this car too, i'd just buy it and get the CR shock towers yourself, then keep the bk2 ones as spares, or you might decide you like it with those towers on it, either way, the car is a good price

awesome.. thanks for the heads up. just posted asking if he has the original cr towers..

also, what are most people running motor wise at snives in 2wd ? mod ?
Old 01-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah, the models went
XXX
XXX BK1
XXX BK2
XXX CR

the only difference between the bk2 towers and the CR towers is the CR towers have extra tuning holes (1 on the front on the inside, 2 at the top on the back and 1 on the camber link at the rear).

i don't think they even get used...but you'd have to ask Team Losi Australia.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jelly
the only difference between the bk2 towers and the CR towers is the CR towers have extra tuning holes (1 on the front on the inside, 2 at the top on the back and 1 on the camber link at the rear).

cheers for the info
Old 01-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sounds like he either had a BK2 before switching to the CR or upgraded a BK2 to the CR.

Wouldn't stress too much about it. Putting a BK2 front tower on top of the CR front tower, the top 3 holes are in identical locations. The CR brace has additional reinforcement, primarily for the additional bottom hole.

Rear towers, the BK2 is graphite with 3 holes for ball studs. The CR brace is EA3 with 6 holes.

If you do purchase the car, pick up the spares too. A lot of value there.

In 2wd, stock is the most popular class. 27t or 17.5t brushless.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jelly

Also the CR is made from EA3, the BK2 are Graphite.

I think that you are better off with the CR towers as the holes are better for thr CR hubs with the ball stud on top? I went the other way, I had the BK2 buggy and used the CR hubs. Memories now.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.