Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28 >

2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

BTW - don't need a red coloured gear box for the taller gearing. I have a black rear gearbox on my TF. I ordered to replace older cracked one. It has the 'oval' whole for the larger gears.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flustorm
...but now I know...I will 'punch it bishop' for next yeare:
Now we're talking!! Great movie reference! ! Yes for the second double is definitely a punch it bishop moment. The trick being not to overshoot the first jump,landing on the down ramp and punching it to clear the second

you mentioned you'd like a chance to try things out before the next festival. The Castle Hill Club is only too happy to run a vintage class on a club day so you can either suggest it here or in the vintage at casso thread, if we pick a Sunday and we can get 5 guys down there for a run we can have a class. Ed is usually keen for a run, I'll need to do some testing on my new rides for next year, jimbo often is keen and of course rob is happy to dig one of his cars out
Old 10-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
Now we're talking!! Great movie reference! ! Yes for the second double is definitely a punch it bishop moment. The trick being not to overshoot the first jump,landing on the down ramp and punching it to clear the second

you mentioned you'd like a chance to try things out before the next festival. The Castle Hill Club is only too happy to run a vintage class on a club day so you can either suggest it here or in the vintage at casso thread, if we pick a Sunday and we can get 5 guys down there for a run we can have a class. Ed is usually keen for a run, I'll need to do some testing on my new rides for next year, jimbo often is keen and of course rob is happy to dig one of his cars out
Which would work. If you weren't starting the race day 250KM down the road. Pete is stuck down here with Daz and me in CBR.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AussieTopForce
BTW - don't need a red coloured gear box for the taller gearing. I have a black rear gearbox on my TF. I ordered to replace older cracked one. It has the 'oval' whole for the larger gears.
Really? As in a manta ray one because i tried that and it didnt work?was told u need the red gearbox and all worked sweat? Or is it a different one?
Old 10-21-2014, 01:11 AM
Tech Adept

As for running vintage on a club day, i would be keen for sure...always like to make a fool of myself, i have a bmax iii i could bring down Also and make a bigger fool
If myself.....snapped a hinge pin 2nd time out, landed flat on a jump, which also as i hust noticed bent the slipper shaft, it really didnt look that bad a landing, albeit i ran it right adter my 1/8, which prolly wasnt a good idea, just waiting on some spares for that ao yeah lemme know...as long as the guys that run modern cars dont mind..i spoke to 3 or 4 guys in the Monday after the meet who were al keen to come run vintage too..and one ir two guys from canberra club..
Old 10-21-2014, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

well, there you go. I spoke too soon.
Keep me in the loop Pete. I might try to tag along.

As for the gearbox, my guess would be colour is irrelevant. I'm guessing its age. Tamiya has always made minor revisions to it chassis and not really advertised the fact. My guess is a re-re Manta or a Blazing star will no need the grindage and its only the early ones that had the round hole.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Capt_Splatt
well, there you go. I spoke too soon.
Keep me in the loop Pete. I might try to tag along.

As for the gearbox, my guess would be colour is irrelevant. I'm guessing its age. Tamiya has always made minor revisions to it chassis and not really advertised the fact. My guess is a re-re Manta or a Blazing star will no need the grindage and its only the early ones that had the round hole.
Yep will do

Did u want some AKA's from the meet this weekend? good price with red soft inserts? $15 a set

And thanks for the info re the gearbox, I reckon you are right...so does a df02 gearbox fit the manta ray??
Old 10-21-2014, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

so does a df02 gearbox fit the manta ray??
Nope.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by I'm_Serious
Nope.
ta

So what is this car? I think I saw a few in the pipe frame??
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28-nfi..gif  
Old 10-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

ta

So what is this car? I think I saw a few in the pipe frame??
Hirobo Zerda.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by I'm_Serious
Hirobo Zerda.
Are they rare? Costly? Does anyone need one of these for parts for the next meet?
Old 10-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

They're really cool cars. Dave kilroy ran his in pipe frame and in 540. Ended up 5th in 540 from memory. Baggz was on the hunt for something like that
Old 10-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nah mate! They're crap.
But 'cause I'm good bloke I'll take it off your hands for a nominal fee.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Really? As in a manta ray one because i tried that and it didnt work?was told u need the red gearbox and all worked sweat? Or is it a different one?
As far as I know, I ordered a new one in black from one of the Ebay sellers and it has been revised. Guess it depends on age of part. When I open the speed tuned gear set and read the instructions I had an OH SH#T moment when I read you need the eccentric whole in the gear box. when I removed the Motor there was the eccentric whole. Only replaced last year after the 2013 festival.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:54 AM
Tech Addict

I am worried now as I have just brought another gearbox set for the top force build up and am hoping that it is the late model one with the rite hole in it
I am going to try and make some sort of plate and pin set up to spread the load of the shock tower mount across the 2 holes below the mounting holes.

I am sick of replacing gearboxes because the 2 mount screws on the rear tower have cracked the case, I have about 4 dead ones now

If I have any luck I will let every one know and mabey build a couple of extras

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.