Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9 >

2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Henry#40
No air holes would be a good rule, but what about bodies such as the Proline Flotek which have marked vent holes.
If they are allowed to be vented it will force everyone to buy one to stay competitive.
I know the jumping stability is the main concern. Are the vent holes as critical on tracks without big jumps Desi? Or is it something that you just have to do everywhere?
Old 02-04-2012, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No air holes would be a good rule, but what about bodies such as the Proline Flotek which have marked vent holes.
If they are allowed to be vented it will force everyone to buy one to stay competitive.
Then someone else comes out with a body (no, not me) with even bigger marked vents and everyone has to buy that
Old 02-04-2012, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
I know the jumping stability is the main concern. Are the vent holes as critical on tracks without big jumps Desi? Or is it something that you just have to do everywhere?
It definately helps,mainly on bigger jumps and windy days.
I just wish the rule was no vent holes so everyone was on a level playing field.
They wouldn't handle as well, but everybody would be in the same boat.
You could allow only certain areas of the body to have vent holes, but it would be a scrutineers nightmare.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Tech Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Bugle
Then someone else comes out with a body (no, not me) with even bigger marked vents and everyone has to buy that
Most likely.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:29 AM
Tech Champion

It definately helps,mainly on bigger jumps and windy days.
I just wish the rule was no vent holes so everyone was on a level playing field.
They wouldn't handle as well, but everybody would be in the same boat.
You could allow only certain areas of the body to have vent holes, but it would be a scrutineers nightmare.
At the risk of going too far off topic this is an issue with the other classes at the moment too. The IFMAR regs call for only so much to be cut out of the body whether marked or not, our rules allow any vent holes at all to be cut out so long as they are moulded in. At the State Titles some competitors were talking about moulding their own bodies to take advantage of this and gain an edge. With the way the rules are at the moment, good luck to them, building a car to the rules to gain an edge is what racing is about. It would be good if we had a rule closer to the IFMAR rule though.

With the handling advantage the vent holes offer in SCT, for the future, I tend to think the side windows should be allowed to be cut out. It's realistic – the full size trucks these things are based off often don't run side windows.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

At the risk of going too far off topic this is an issue with the other classes at the moment too. The IFMAR regs call for only so much to be cut out of the body whether marked or not, our rules allow any vent holes at all to be cut out so long as they are moulded in. At the State Titles some competitors were talking about moulding their own bodies to take advantage of this and gain an edge. With the way the rules are at the moment, good luck to them, building a car to the rules to gain an edge is what racing is about. It would be good if we had a rule closer to the IFMAR rule though.

With the handling advantage the vent holes offer in SCT, for the future, I tend to think the side windows should be allowed to be cut out. It's realistic – the full size trucks these things are based off often don't run side windows.
Or windscreens, or rear beds.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:47 AM
Tech Champion

Or windscreens, or rear beds.
Well that would be realistic (more so if you have a driver figure - in buggy you can only run a frame buggy if you have a driver figure), but the structural integrity of your lexen body would suffer.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

as i under stand the rules for bodys

"9.8.1 Bodies: All vehicles must use a 1:10th size body and have the appearance of full-size off-road racing vehicle"

the Pro2's and Pro4's both have only bar work in the rear window area of the car which would allow you to cut out the panals around the moulded bars. and i also know that the RAM/Mopar trucks also ran vented guardes front and rear.
it would also mean that the front and side windows should be cut out as well to make them look like the real trucks

"9.8.2 Bodies must be cut to the mould lines wherever possible. No extra air scopes or vent holes are to be cut into the body unless molded into the body from the manufacturer"

under this the proline flotek shell and the j concept shell would have to have all vent holes cut out as there mould lines to cut them out.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9-6249009938_6142e6afd3.jpg   2012 AARCMCC EP10 OFR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - April 4 - 9-sctruckracing.jpg  
Old 02-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

A clear interpretation of SCT body rules would be great.
I need to know if my current bodies are legal or if I HAVE to buy a new proline/J concept body in order to run venting.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maverick CR
Scott,

6 sets per class.

Mav
Is that 6x set for the day or the whole event ?? Sorry my first nats !

Cheers Aaron
Old 02-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by azz28
Is that 6x set for the day or the whole event ?? Sorry my first nats !

Cheers Aaron
Practice sets don't count, so 6 sets for your 7 races.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

video of the layout to date.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

To not allow vents in SCT bodies cut line or no cut lines ruins the racing, to have a small wind gust come through when one truck is in the air who gets flipped or stalled while the guy on the ground gets no effect adds a randomness which shouldn't be a part of racing.

Lets not forget that the real thing has open windows and is tubular behind the cab while the RC SCT has fully enclosed paneling.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Mav,
Is 13.5 boosted allowed in SCT 2wd (Pro2) or is it 10.5 only?
Old 02-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

A clear interpretation of SCT body rules would be great.
I need to know if my current bodies are legal or if I HAVE to buy a new proline/J concept body in order to run venting.
+1000.

I think this needs to be cleared up well in advance, especially since this is a fairly major event.
If my opinion counts for anything, windows, all panels around the roll bars plus moulded vents should be allowed to be cut out. Just like the 1:1 trucks.

As one of the few people that have actually run a SCT body with all these panels cut out, I can say that the durability is only marginally affected. My Gambler body has lasted over a year and is still usable, this is comparable to my Hyper 10 body which had no cut outs and was on a Pro4.

The other major issue about only allowing cut outs along predefined mould lines, is that the class will become full of PL or JC flotek/ HiFlo bodies. Which would be rather boring.

Last edited by littlejohn; 02-05-2012 at 04:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.