Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 QLD State Titles  - National Series Round 3 >

2012 QLD State Titles - National Series Round 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 QLD State Titles - National Series Round 3

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by savagesam
As racers are we really this selfish ???

scernario

AFL grand final has 110,000 tickets for sale the week before the event, Im sure they could sell 220,000 tickets for the event so maybe they should do so and ask the first 110,000 ticket holders to leave the ground at half time to allow the second 110,000 to watch the other half of the grand final.

facts

Entries have been on sly fox for months
Cut off date was set for event entries
120 limit was announced early
people paid up early to confirm entry
Dont pay early enough, miss the event
Really simple format to follow for adults
( could understand a child being upset )

It is not being selfish to enter on time, pay early or on time to not miss out

It's being selfish to think the 120 entered should make room for the ones that could not be bothered getting there entry or payment in early enough.
Couldn't have said it better myself Sam

Cheers

Mark
Old 05-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have had a think about all this.. we should kill a qualifier to allow all entrants to race as many classes as they wish.

why should we penalise a driver just because he was the last driver to enter... and he entered within the cutoff time.

thats unfair..

if were going to do that.. then all drivers should have there secondary class culled.'

if its good enough for one.. its good enough for all.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
Completely agree, the fact of the matter is we get a lot of track time as it is. 4-5 qualifiers at a big meet is heaps. And as Matt said, we should get used to it if we are going to get large numbers.

And Marco, what your saying is 80% of the field have practiced on the track??

That's incorrect.

We we hold our state titles we will have an advantage, every states locals have an advantage over travelling racers at the moment unless a virgin track is offered. Opening the track Thursday for practice just defeats the whole purpose of the 3 day meetings. For a 4 day meet you would have to arrive on Wednesday.....I don't see what your argument is getting at?
After they rebuilt the track, they have a club meet 3 days before the event (sunday). I call that "practice day for the coming event". Is this INCORRET?.

If we can not give a virgin track to all the competitors then we have to give them all the possible option to have the equal practice time, for everyone, before the start of the event on friday.

If this process is going to be done ,from few driver on sunday and for the rest of the other drivers on thursday i don t understand where the problem is.

Give an advantage to some and a disadvantage to other should be and it is avoided in every sport around the world.

You say that, open the track on thursday would defeat the 3 day event but that has been already defeted when they opened the track on sunday.

So if you practice on a virgin track 3days before the event is ok, but if you want to practice 1day before the event is not ok because that would give to everyone the some advantage
Old 05-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

Marco, i don't think you understand that by going to 3 day race meets has encoraged more racers to attend races again.. If we open it up to four days then we'll be back in the same boat with numbers declining.
Every state get's a home track advantage this way including yours when in SA.
What you will find is most racers would attend the Thursday practice not for an advantage but more so to not be disadvantaged.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Painy
i have had a think about all this.. we should kill a qualifier to allow all entrants to race as many classes as they wish.

why should we penalise a driver just because he was the last driver to enter... and he entered within the cutoff time.

thats unfair..

if were going to do that.. then all drivers should have there secondary class culled.'

Painy I hear what your sayin but I guess the problem is where do you draw the line in the future .
If we had a hypothetical 200 racers and 100 of those were dual classed it would push more people to HAVING to race 2 classes just to get track time and as it escalates it could get to the scenario like electric with only 3 qualies etc.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

none the less.. it should be fair on all drivers. if they enter within the cutoff time.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Tech Champion

thats unfair..

We're struggling with this same situation in another series too.

One idea, if you don't like the idea of first in gets first preference: after you've attributed primary entries, use a random ballot to decide which 2nd entries get in. That's got to be preferable to empty grid slots when so many people want to race.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

I was just on slyfox, printed off list and highlighted double class entries

75 Buggy
45 Truggy

=120 confirmed

26 of those are double class entries.

On Slyfox;

In future it would also help if dual class entries had an * next to their name for their secondary class when viewing entries.

and when an extra box is added to slyfox event registration for the Sportman, then maybe a # next to their name when viewing entries list too ?

So if a driver answers yes to any of the points posted on AARCMCC off road on line thread ticks Sportsman and other drivers disaprove they can call them out on it ?

Just throwing ideas out there

It's a mute point now anyway as entry has closed? as "today is 11 May" so I assume the list I printed is official list of entries?
Old 05-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

what about drivers who are in contention to win the overall series championship..

something aarcmcc wants to promote..

but they get there class canned.....
Old 05-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

what about drivers who are in contention to win the overall series championship..

something aarcmcc wants to promote..

but they get there class canned.....
There's a prize for the overall truggy winner?
Old 05-11-2012, 02:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Flanno
I was just on slyfox, printed off list and highlighted double class entries

75 Buggy
45 Truggy

=120 confirmed

26 of those are double class entries.

On Slyfox;

In future it would also help if dual class entries had an * next to their name for their secondary class when viewing entries.

and when an extra box is added to slyfox event registration for the Sportman, then maybe a # next to their name when viewing entries list too ?

So if a driver answers yes to any of the points posted on AARCMCC off road on line thread ticks Sportsman and other drivers disaprove they can call them out on it ?

Just throwing ideas out there

It's a mute point now anyway as entry has closed? as "today is 11 May" so I assume the list I printed is official list of entries?
Hey Flanno,

Yes the names on Slyfox is "the list"

When the 3 day rule was first discussed at the AGM (Liverpool) there was a fair bit of discussion about the 120 limit.

Basically their are no rules new or old that dictate what should happen with any overflow in numbers.

The only rules the club had to commit to was a max of 120, a 3 day event, a mini of 2 prac and 4 quals, ABC Finals and no night racing and no major warm up races prior.

Many of you know my views about warm up races (now called club days) prior to the event.

Their was quite a few discussions with Jarrod and Chris about what we should do if we had a large number of confirmed drivers over the 120.

As it turns out we had 122 confirmed drivers by Tuesday this week. However, 2 drivers then pulled out leaving us with a perfect 120 split as you say 75 Buggies and 45 Truggies.

The club elected to close off the event at that time.

After discussion with Peter Cooper yesterday, we will be pushed to fit in even the minimum number of practice and qualifying rounds with the amount of day light we have. As it is we are more than likely going to have to start racing no later than 7.30am on both Saturday and Sunday.

Cheers

Mark
Old 05-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marco cianfrone
After they rebuilt the track, they have a club meet 3 days before the event (sunday). I call that "practice day for the coming event". Is this INCORRET?.

If we can not give a virgin track to all the competitors then we have to give them all the possible option to have the equal practice time, for everyone, before the start of the event on friday.

If this process is going to be done ,from few driver on sunday and for the rest of the other drivers on thursday i don t understand where the problem is.

Give an advantage to some and a disadvantage to other should be and it is avoided in every sport around the world.

You say that, open the track on thursday would defeat the 3 day event but that has been already defeted when they opened the track on sunday.

So if you practice on a virgin track 3days before the event is ok, but if you want to practice 1day before the event is not ok because that would give to everyone the some advantage
Dude, honestly...

The 3 day event is attracting a larger number of entries than the previous 4 day format.This was the idea behind the 3 day meet.

If you open the track thursday, it's another day to add to your leave for the race meet and it's a 4 day meet again. Now you have drivers feeling at a large 'disadvantage' if they miss a day of practice so mostly everyone will fly in Wednesday night. This IS now a 4 day meet again.....you may as well just have the old format.

Track time is NEVER going to be the same unless a virgin track is offered, as had been discussed it is not ideal for the club. They want to test run the surface and have cars and water into it before hosting a big meet. And for some clubs is just not Do-able with the small membership base.

If you point is that YOU feel disadvantaged because the locals practiced on the track the Sunday before, then fly over Sunday?

A vast majority of racers will fly over Thursday arvo and just run the given practices rounds and be happy with that.

The idea is to reduce time off work, accom, car hire ect to entice more people to come race, and this IS working!!! Just look at WA and QLD entries, they are much larger than previous years. If you want to add Thursday practice then you are just increasing the cost to all the non locals and are defeating the purpose of what is trying to be achieved.

In the end, on Sunday everybody will be at their natural pace regardless of practice.

Nationals was proof, I was as fast as the guys who flew In for the 'pre nats'. And I'm sure if I was the only driver in the country to do pre nats that the same drivers who beat me anyway would have done so by the same margin.

I understand your point, but it's kind of defeating what accrcmcc are trying to achieve.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:47 AM
H9
Tech Adept

I don't travel interstate, but having managed the entries for the WA States for the past 4 or 5 years, it perplexes me why people do not confirm their entries by the required cut-off date. It's pointless saying "I had my entry in by the closing date" if you haven't paid. There are always a dozen or so entries that don't make it, so how is a club supposed to know who is coming and who isn't when payments are still being made, in some cases days before the event??? And being an upper echelon driver should NOT excuse you from paying on time, and assuming every one knows you are coming. One rule for all.

Personally, I would prefer we were harsher - you miss the cut-off date, too bad (unless there are extenuating circumstances). Maybe then the following year or event people might get their act together and enter / pay on time! It's not that difficult to do, the events are scheduled months in advance.

The roll-on effect of entering / confirming late, is that grids cannot be done, therefore schedules cannot be published. Wouldn't it be better to have a program at least a week out from the event, rather than one or two days out!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think one important thing to remember which has been mentioned but perhaps not thought about much is that not all clubs have to stop racing at 4/5Pm

Many clubs can run under lights, and just thinking out loud here but I have thought to myself could we have had lights for one night at this event and then had 150 happy drivers entered, Lights can be hired for $500 a night or less if you do your homework and the club would be nearly 3k ahead just in entries alone not to mention turnover at the canteen etc been much greater

Like I say I am just thinking out loud and I am sure that this club has done the best they can and thought about all the options and this event will be run as it is now set which is fine but considering that many clubs can run under lights I think makes Craig’s suggestion a perfect solution and means allot of this debate is in fact pretty pointless

I agree three day meets for now must be the go, I also believe we have to have as many people racing as possible and I for one would be happy to do one less 7 minute qualifier to see another 50 entries & the sport thriving etc

I don’t think it’s about been selfish... limiting all these events to 120 drivers when more want to attend or possibly could, I personally think its just plain stupid!

I also find it interesting to note that some of the fastest drivers in the country are happy to drop a round and would like to see a larger racing scene

It is all very well to say if you get in early and pay early you get a spot at the event and if you miss out too bad but that’s got to be the most unproductive way of looking at this situation possible, weather you get in early or late if there are 200 people that want to race and only 120 spots 80 people miss out as they cant all dam well enter at the same time can they!

Like I said though, why are we even having this debate when it's known that many clubs holding these events will be able to run into the night and have longer days which means we will indeed fit in more people if possible

The way I see it is we should be aiming to make the racing scene as big as we can and aim to have the highest numbers possible, to the point where we have to go back to 4 day meets to keep people happy and fit in all the racing and that by doing so it has a better turnout than a three day meet. So yeah 3 day meets now to boost the numbers which I think is why we are doing three day meets (sometimes i wonder) and then 4 day meets when the racing scene is that big we simply have to, isn’t that what we should be aiming for?, imagine how good it would be if the racing scene was that big in Australia

Dave
Old 05-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc skyline
I think one important thing to remember which has been mentioned but perhaps not thought about much is that not all clubs have to stop racing at 4/5Pm

Many clubs can run under lights, and just thinking out loud here but I have thought to myself could we have had lights for one night at this event and then had 150 happy drivers entered, Lights can be hired for $500 a night or less if you do your homework and the club would be nearly 3k ahead just in entries alone not to mention turnover at the canteen etc been much greater

Like I say I am just thinking out loud and I am sure that this club has done the best they can and thought about all the options and this event will be run as it is now set which is fine but considering that many clubs can run under lights I think makes Craig’s suggestion a perfect solution and means allot of this debate is in fact pretty pointless

I agree three day meets for now must be the go, I also believe we have to have as many people racing as possible and I for one would be happy to do one less 7 minute qualifier to see another 50 entries & the sport thriving etc

I don’t think it’s about been selfish... limiting all these events to 120 drivers when more want to attend or possibly could, I personally think its just plain stupid!

I also find it interesting to note that some of the fastest drivers in the country are happy to drop a round and would like to see a larger racing scene

It is all very well to say if you get in early and pay early you get a spot at the event and if you miss out too bad but that’s got to be the most unproductive way of looking at this situation possible, weather you get in early or late if there are 200 people that want to race and only 120 spots 80 people miss out as they cant all dam well enter at the same time can they!

Like I said though, why are we even having this debate when it's known that many clubs holding these events will be able to run into the night and have longer days which means we will indeed fit in more people if possible

The way I see it is we should be aiming to make the racing scene as big as we can and aim to have the highest numbers possible, to the point where we have to go back to 4 day meets to keep people happy and fit in all the racing and that by doing so it has a better turnout than a three day meet. So yeah 3 day meets now to boost the numbers which I think is why we are doing three day meets (sometimes i wonder) and then 4 day meets when the racing scene is that big we simply have to, isn’t that what we should be aiming for?, imagine how good it would be if the racing scene was that big in Australia

Dave
The problem of what you are saying here Dave is that the 3day format was put forward because racers don't have to take so much time of work to attend these events and that is why we are seeing the large numbers nominating.
Now your saying we should go back to the 4day format which means that racers wont be able to attend because these can not afford the extra day off work.

I personally would be a bit peeved if I took time off work to travel across Australia for an event to get possibly 5-6 turns on the track because Qualifiers/practice runs have been cut, especially if your still paying the same fee.

So do we let the host clubs lose money from nominations, lose preparation time because they don't know how many to cater for OR give our host clubs the best chance and time frame to put the best race meet that they can together because they how many are attending and what money they have to use to run the event.

Budget racers from Central QLD

PS: I also dont get your maths about the host club being $3k ahead with the extra 30 entries alone. (Are you paying $100 per class)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.