Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 QLD State Titles  - National Series Round 3 >

2012 QLD State Titles - National Series Round 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 QLD State Titles - National Series Round 3

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romeo_charlie33
The problem of what you are saying here Dave is that the 3day format was put forward because racers don't have to take so much time of work to attend these events and that is why we are seeing the large numbers nominating.
Now your saying we should go back to the 4day format which means that racers wont be able to attend because these can not afford the extra day off work.

I personally would be a bit peeved if I took time off work to travel across Australia for an event to get possibly 5-6 turns on the track because Qualifiers/practice runs have been cut, especially if your still paying the same fee.

So do we let the host clubs lose money from nominations, lose preparation time because they don't know how many to cater for OR give our host clubs the best chance and time frame to put the best race meet that they can together because they how many are attending and what money they have to use to run the event.

Budget racers from Central QLD

PS: I also dont get your maths about the host club being $3k ahead with the extra 30 entries alone. (Are you paying $100 per class)

No, I don’t think you quite read my post, or if you did you misinterpreted it

If you read what I said I am saying and agreeing that three days is the go (for now), , and that I hope one day the racing scene is big enough to warrant 4 day meets at some point, What’s wrong with having that vision / dream?, Rc is so dead in Australia it’s not funny, Not everyone will agree with me but I think the bigger the better and I just hope one day that’s the way it rolls

Say 50 more drivers then which may be more realistic which is over 3k, who cares.. all I’m saying is why not use lights and our heads a little bit and make more money for the club and grow the sport, is that honestly that hard to get a handle on? Or a bad idea? Lol

Who cares who,s maths we use, if a club makes more money thats better, and if we grow this hobby / sport we all love well thats better also, and thats basic maths if you ask me

Ill promise to use a calculator in future , I honestly cant even remember entry cost, i think $65.. meh

Dave
Old 05-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Thing

Many of you know my views about warm up races (now called club days) prior to the event.
does this mean that you wont be attending any warm up races on the new track should there be one?
Old 05-11-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Amazing reading, whats next do away with the truggy class all together so that state titles and nationals are a buggy class only with 3 day events, 120 capped entry, unless people pay after the event reaches 120 then we will just change the event qual & heat numbers because more entered, where will it stop.

There should be a set calendar of events, set guide lines for all to follow which should include entry numbers ( 120 cap ), qual & heat numbers unless weather or lighting can be provided by a club which would allow for all qual & heats to be run even if weather plays a part, moral would be enter early & pay early to be sure you attend events.

Spare a thought for those with major issues in the above thread posts that Tasmania have had crap numbers for the last two years and I dont see any one of you jumping up and down trying to help and support or change there event schedule to a better month to help as most are saying " promote the sport of RC in australia "

Lifes not fair and neither is missing out on an event but its all up to you being responsible for your entry and payment when capped at 120 people.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ChrisL
This is good discussion. From aarcmcc point of view we are aiming to produce a survey to find out what is important to our racing community so that we can target our efforts accordingly. Whilst this won't change any rules in its own right, it will allow us to form the right strategy and help guide/priorities the submissions to the clubs. We will endeavor to have at minimum a draft ready for discussion purposes in Qld.

My personal opinion is that three day events are gold and that we must accommodate as many people and classes as possible within this constraint. Having too many entries is a very good problem to have and one that didn't exist in the past few years as we have seen numbers decline.

I would like to say that I believe this survey is a fantastic idea, one to each racer named so they are not doubled up at a state title event will show exactly what the majority of people want which will be great starting point

The survey is such a simple and effective way of starting to change all this mess for the better, Round of applause for ARRMCCC (yeah whatever that word is )

Dave
Old 05-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc skyline
I think one important thing to remember which has been mentioned but perhaps not thought about much is that not all clubs have to stop racing at 4/5Pm

Many clubs can run under lights, and just thinking out loud here but I have thought to myself could we have had lights for one night at this event and then had 150 happy drivers entered, Lights can be hired for $500 a night or less if you do your homework and the club would be nearly 3k ahead just in entries alone not to mention turnover at the canteen etc been much greater

Like I say I am just thinking out loud and I am sure that this club has done the best they can and thought about all the options and this event will be run as it is now set which is fine but considering that many clubs can run under lights I think makes Craig’s suggestion a perfect solution and means allot of this debate is in fact pretty pointless

I agree three day meets for now must be the go, I also believe we have to have as many people racing as possible and I for one would be happy to do one less 7 minute qualifier to see another 50 entries & the sport thriving etc

I don’t think it’s about been selfish... limiting all these events to 120 drivers when more want to attend or possibly could, I personally think its just plain stupid!

I also find it interesting to note that some of the fastest drivers in the country are happy to drop a round and would like to see a larger racing scene

It is all very well to say if you get in early and pay early you get a spot at the event and if you miss out too bad but that’s got to be the most unproductive way of looking at this situation possible, weather you get in early or late if there are 200 people that want to race and only 120 spots 80 people miss out as they cant all dam well enter at the same time can they!

Like I said though, why are we even having this debate when it's known that many clubs holding these events will be able to run into the night and have longer days which means we will indeed fit in more people if possible

The way I see it is we should be aiming to make the racing scene as big as we can and aim to have the highest numbers possible, to the point where we have to go back to 4 day meets to keep people happy and fit in all the racing and that by doing so it has a better turnout than a three day meet. So yeah 3 day meets now to boost the numbers which I think is why we are doing three day meets (sometimes i wonder) and then 4 day meets when the racing scene is that big we simply have to, isn’t that what we should be aiming for?, imagine how good it would be if the racing scene was that big in Australia

Dave
Well said, I totally agree with all of that.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagesam
Amazing reading, whats next do away with the truggy class all together so that state titles and nationals are a buggy class only with 3 day events
Now thats the best idea yet
Old 05-11-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As far as the 120 cap is concerned, from what I'v read it's a mute point as I understand no one has needed to be turned away, or second class dropped ? I read above they only got 122 paid entries and 2 dropped out on their own by the cut off date (TODAY 11 May) wich I may add needs to be enforced
as it hasn't in the past, example extending the due date to 1 week out from the event because numbers paid was far lower than the actual slyfox entry numbers, if WA and QLD are examples of the kind of numbers these events in it's new format will attract then it was natural for every one to get their payments in early wich can only help the host club preppare for the event....

so IMO the new system is working.

ie; Higher numbers, payment made ON TIME for a change,
and if more than 120 pay before the cut off date then it is only the people who are running 2 classes that lose their SECONDARY nominated class to make room for paid "single entry" drivers, point being if you want to run 2 classes then get your $ in ASAP so your higher up on the list of dual class drivers so there is less chance your SECONDARY class may need to be dropped.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by savagesam
Amazing reading, whats next do away with the truggy class all together so that state titles and nationals are a buggy class only with 3 day events, 120 capped entry, unless people pay after the event reaches 120 then we will just change the event qual & heat numbers because more entered, where will it stop.

There should be a set calendar of events, set guide lines for all to follow which should include entry numbers ( 120 cap ), qual & heat numbers unless weather or lighting can be provided by a club which would allow for all qual & heats to be run even if weather plays a part, moral would be enter early & pay early to be sure you attend events.

Spare a thought for those with major issues in the above thread posts that Tasmania have had crap numbers for the last two years and I dont see any one of you jumping up and down trying to help and support or change there event schedule to a better month to help as most are saying " promote the sport of RC in australia "

Lifes not fair and neither is missing out on an event but its all up to you being responsible for your entry and payment when capped at 120 people.
+1

Rules and guide lines are there for a reason, I for one am glad to see them followed for a change, black and white in print with no grey areas ie cut off entry and date etc / ya gotta draw a line in the sand some where or our sport looks like a joke is my reply to CL post about a poll / questionare on what we feel is important to our sport.

ps; CL did you see my earlier post about additions to SlyFox nominating ?
Old 05-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Dave made a very good point earlier, one that isn't important right now but could be in the future, and if people are thinking about these things for the future, I'd like to highlight it:

Originally Posted by rc skyline
[...]weather you get in early or late if there are 200 people that want to race and only 120 spots 80 people miss out as they cant all dam well enter at the same time can they!
They can't all enter at the same time. I am currently dealing with the aftermath of an event with 130 spots available filling up inside 4 days. In the first 6 hours there were 70 entries, in the first 24 hours 115 or something. We are now going to have to look at how to set things up so that who gets in isn't decided by who can be sitting at their PC at exactly 5 o'clock when entries open, or whose bank is faster at transferring money.

When people begin to cotton on to the fact that you need to enter/pay ASAP to get a spot the time in which everyone enters within condenses to slightly ridiculous amounts.

When major sporting events have the problem of too much demand for too few tickets they use a ballot system. This might be what we have to do too.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Another 5 cents worth here.

We all know the rules cant be changed by proposing it here on the forum.

My suggestion is to do the primary class and secondary class system, if you enter and pay first, you are set for your primary class.

At the end of entry close, if there is space, you get to use your secondary class too, as long as you are high up the entry/time list.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Another 5 cents worth here.

We all know the rules cant be changed by proposing it here on the forum.

My suggestion is to do the primary class and secondary class system, if you enter and pay first, you are set for your primary class.

At the end of entry close, if there is space, you get to use your secondary class too, as long as you are high up the entry/time list.
in a nutshell this is the proposal LRRCC are voting on at the moment, providing it is agreed to by our member we will be putting it to aarcmcc to consider very soon.(at this stage has 9/1 fore the proposal)
Old 05-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Sweet
Old 05-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flanno
ps; CL did you see my earlier post about additions to SlyFox nominating ?
Hey Flanno,

Chris' answering service here- we're already talking about the same things. Great minds and all...
Old 05-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Shiftiestmort
does this mean that you wont be attending any warm up races on the new track should there be one?
Actually dave i decided that as State Deligate for QLD that the host club will follow the guide lines for this event as set out by AARCMCC

While i may have my own opinon about things I am bound to ensure the host club follows the current rules

Cheers

Mark
Old 05-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Shiftiestmort; 05-11-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Faarcmcc'd

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.