Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 QLD State Titles  - National Series Round 3 >

2012 QLD State Titles - National Series Round 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 QLD State Titles - National Series Round 3

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

heavy rain still bruce , the new surface has very little sand in it came out of a local farmers dam and when dry hard as a rock
Old 06-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Gunna
Looks like its coming together nicely, well done fellas. Is there no warm up event??? Does this mean an even playing field for everyone? Do a few locals get to test it incase it needs some alterations/ modifactions etc?
Thats right!!! Only a few club members(most our members are not racing at the event) will be allowed to test the track by myself or Bill, so it will be a even playing field for all...

If we find any other persons on the track without our permission, that is entered for the Qld's, you will not be racing at the Qld's...

Karl Schmidt
Race Director

Last edited by Karlos Loboss; 06-10-2012 at 06:26 AM. Reason: ...
Old 06-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hope the rain gods are nice to you for the track build and us for the event duration, I hate running in mud
Old 06-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shanef
Talk about touchy feely. I never said the club was at fault, maybe i should have posted my concerns in the AARCMCC thread.

Cya's at the Warm Up meet next weekend
Hi Shane,

I'm not sure what your concerns are. The proposal for 3 day events was publicised, discussed and voted in almost 9 months ago, and the support for it since has been overwhelming. The argument about track time was made once or twice back then, but with three days, less track time is inevitable.

The issue with this event is the number of daylight hours that we have. The club has discussed this with AARCMCC and the decision was made to shorten practice and qualifying- the rules allow for a minimum of 2 practice and 4 qualifying heats (6.5 c & e). Even with the old format and 4 days, reducing rounds would still have been necessary to fit 120 entries and be finished by 4pm each day.

If you're unhappy with any of the rules and would like to have some constructive input, feel free to discuss them with us directly or have your club forward a rule change proposal to change them.

Cheers,
Jarrod.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=Brum;10838418]
Originally Posted by shanef
Call it complaining if you will, but if there wasn't any reason to complain, then there wouldn't be any complaining. I'm sorry if no one else who thinks the same thing doesn't want to say anything because they are worried about the 'backlash' they may create for doing so.

Shane you are truly a d..kh..d if i was race director for this event i would ban you and keep your fee as a donation for the club. You had all the time in the world before you entered the event to ask all the questions you need to except you chose to wait until know to start trolling,its time you STFU and look at the big picture of what it takes to get an event like this up and running as you seem to have no idea.

I also have to ask shane why are you so negative for, in as many weeks you have told other clubs they will fail or close or there events are shit do you really think that you are above everybody else, is this how sponsor wants you to promote yourself or his business on a worldwide forum.

So as a bit of friendly advice shane put your toys back in the cot,get off your high horse, take a look at yourself and your attitude because if keep running your mouth in this fashion you may struggle to get a race anywhere as no club wants the negativity that you put out.\end rant.

Troy Gray.
+1 sucks to be you shane....
Old 06-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Karlos Loboss
Thats right!!! Only a few club members(most our members are not racing at the event) will be allowed to test the track by myself or Bill, so it will be a even playing field for all...

If we find any other persons on the track without our permission, that is entered for the Qld's, you will not be racing at the Qld's...

Karl Schmidt
Race Director
I like your way of thinking, can't wait til we get there and cut some laps. Don't want to put the kybosh on the event but whats the forecast looking like for the event dates?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ringo
Hi Shane,

I'm not sure what your concerns are. The proposal for 3 day events was publicised, discussed and voted in almost 9 months ago, and the support for it since has been overwhelming. The argument about track time was made once or twice back then, but with three days, less track time is inevitable.

The issue with this event is the number of daylight hours that we have. The club has discussed this with AARCMCC and the decision was made to shorten practice and qualifying- the rules allow for a minimum of 2 practice and 4 qualifying heats (6.5 c & e). Even with the old format and 4 days, reducing rounds would still have been necessary to fit 120 entries and be finished by 4pm each day.

If you're unhappy with any of the rules and would like to have some constructive input, feel free to discuss them with us directly or have your club forward a rule change proposal to change them.

Cheers,
Jarrod.
Kinda thinking Jarrod that shane wont have a club to send in any proposals so I am sure it will end here... I am not going to be there which is such a shame cause of my health... I paid my nomination fee and let the club keep it cause I pulled out.... But mate I am so looking forward to watching videos and seeing pics of the weekend I cant wait...

Good luck to the club for putting on the event and good luck to all competing....

Regards
Fordy
Old 06-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

I like your way of thinking, can't wait til we get there and cut some laps. Don't want to put the kybosh on the event but whats the forecast looking like for the event dates?
Well for actual event its looking good at the moment, maybe showers on the Finals day, but its rain, rain and more rain this week. The track is about 75% done, hoping the rain will just fizz out or the weather man has got it wrong...

Karl
Old 06-11-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah the weather, the one great variable we can't control, I have noticed that the forecasters do tend to err on the worst side when predicting ahead.
I have seen the schedule for the event, if say the first practise runs were underway on the Friday and the forecast didn't look good for the Sunday finals would they try to speed things up and get into the lower finals on Saturday afternoon?
Hell, what am I saying the weather's going to be great for the event....
Old 06-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah the weather, the one great variable we can't control, I have noticed that the forecasters do tend to err on the worst side when predicting ahead.
I have seen the schedule for the event, if say the first practise runs were underway on the Friday and the forecast didn't look good for the Sunday finals would they try to speed things up and get into the lower finals on Saturday afternoon?
Hell, what am I saying the weather's going to be great for the event....
i think if there was time to finish it in 2 days... we would have an bigger entry cap than 120 for three days.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

ok some dry weather at last a huge effort by the crew today with the roller .Paul on dayshift Lenny on afternoon and Dan and my self on the night looking good and ready for the pipe to be laid .

there will be no warm up or practise event this weekend
the only thing going on this weekend will be a lot of hard work.
cheers Bill
Old 06-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You guys are awesome, plenty of free beer for you guys starting friday week ... Your huge effort is much appreciated by all........

See You all soon......
Old 06-13-2012, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

Exclamation Like to Thank Our Sponsors

Thanks to all our Sponsors, events like these do not happen if it wasn't for sponsors, so a big THANK-YOU!!! — From the Sunshine coast off road racing club.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

any photos of the track in full ?

so we can see the layout
Old 06-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jarred King
any photos of the track in full ?

so we can see the layout
This weekend for sure...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.