Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2011 ORRCA QLD 1/10th EP Offroad Titles >

2011 ORRCA QLD 1/10th EP Offroad Titles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 ORRCA QLD 1/10th EP Offroad Titles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rookie68
I agree Gavin geat weekend.Thanks for the tip on stock.
hahahah

No problem, after seeing how fast the guys run in Stock at the Nats, it's pretty amazing what they can do.......................we would have been really smoked if any of them had made the trip..........................

Is somebody from the Cairns Club going to post the results?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

As it was an AARMCC event I would have thought they would have posted it. But I will check with the committee for you.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheOldBoy
There is stuff all difference in the cost of airfares to Brisbane or to Cairns, Townsville, from other cities in Oz.

Was a great weekend of racing, very frustrating as usual trying to find that bit extra, good company from all racers and those involved, and good hard racing. Track was great and those involved tried there best to keep it all running, pity about the 2.5 lap penalties for a stop start and not being able to get your car back if you volunteered to marshal another race and not after your race, stopped you making any repairs to car or changes as you were still classed as being out to marshaland wasn't enough heats to due to lack of numbers and would have been fewer numbers if some of the calls made on the day were not changed

One item that really needs to be looked at is the Alycat system and that those running it know how to set it up or use it. Not sure where the glitch is, but if you qualify 6th at end of qualifying, how do you get grid position 7 At least Cairns guys could see the problem, but that ORRCA guy, who was only around for no more than 1 hr the whole event, wouldn't even accept there was a problem and insisted the cars be placed in grid position as printed out, not much common sense being used there at all.

I agree with Russ's comment as well and will have to take a lot of time to consider if I make a trip back up that way anytime soon for another event of theirs
It's sad you and Russ feel that way. As for the the 2.5 lap penalties I thought it was only 28sec which was the slowest lap time. But the issue with Alycat and grid positions that would be the fault of the ORRCA official not the Cairns club. Maybe you should give ORRCA a 2.5 lap penalty.
As for marshalling read Rule 7.2.3 of the AARCMCC EP OFFROAD RULES. You can not blame the volunteer officials as they are only doing what the AARCMCC rule states.
This was not a Cairns Townsville meet but a state championship so things were done by the rules. It was a great meet good hard racing track grooved up nicely hope we can see you again.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

ill be back it was a good meet id spend a grand any day to come back up
Old 06-14-2011, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Had a great time...

Well i cannot fault this past weekend at all. Im sure people have had their moments and sure enough, people got frustrated. But hey, we are men and women playing with rc cars

Got up there on the friday night so didnt have a chance to get practise in, was a massive shock to find just how much grip the track had on the Saturday. On the Sunday with the sun out, the track looked fantastic. Very minimal setup was needed on my durango....not that i do any

Im very much looking forward to their next meet, will see some of you next time!!

Zach (Orange shell guy...)
Old 06-14-2011, 04:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zachattak
Well i cannot fault this past weekend at all. Im sure people have had their moments and sure enough, people got frustrated. But hey, we are men and women playing with rc cars

Got up there on the friday night so didnt have a chance to get practise in, was a massive shock to find just how much grip the track had on the Saturday. On the Sunday with the sun out, the track looked fantastic. Very minimal setup was needed on my durango....not that i do any

Im very much looking forward to their next meet, will see some of you next time!!

Zach (Orange shell guy...)

I'm surprised you didn't take out the Concourse trophy with that paint job..........
But geezzz you were flying in one if those finals.......
Old 06-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kawa71
I'm surprised you didn't take out the Concourse trophy with that paint job..........
But geezzz you were flying in one if those finals.......
I got a free can of softdrink! ;D The proline stickers on the chassis made it tough for em P;
Old 06-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Photos

Hi

If anyone has some photos of me or my cars can they email them to me at [email protected]
Thanks again for a great weekend. Look forward to racing in Cairns again some day soon.

Cheeseman

Last edited by stinky cheese; 06-14-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stinky cheese
Hi

If anyone has some photos of me or my cars can they email them to me at [email protected]
Will do.

Originally Posted by stinky cheese
Thanks again for a great weekend. Look forward to racing in Cairns again some day soon.

Cheeseman
Glad you enjoyed it mate, you're welcome back anytime.

Talk Soon
Damo
Old 06-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Word has it that there may be a 2 day electric event held towards the end of the year?

that would be great, and on that track... EPIC.

Let me know if you decide to go ahead with it.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stonzy
How did you make a dick of yourself?
I got wasted and I was the only one lol no harm done good weekend.

Not all the rules they were inforcing were in the rules it was run poorly but I had a blast I'll be back up when dan is in charge

Last edited by whipit; 06-15-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any pics of the event and will there be a write up in racinglines mag
Old 06-15-2011, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

I think the main thing that everyone wants is some results posted somewhere.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default RESULTS

2wd modified-me,
4wd modified-me
truck- what you talking about dan willis,
2wd stock- gavin thompson
4wd stock- damo partridge in a pear tree
short course- brendon cururuto

please add minor positions
Old 06-15-2011, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Short Course - shut out due to a silly enforcement

Truck Mod 5th place after a shocking day

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.