Search

Over The Top RC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

2013's fleet of loaners...

one or two will be awarded to a child in the program in June the rest will be used for loaners. We also have a new in box (not pictured) donated from Associated we will be raffling for the 4th of July.

Please don't mind the mess, I've been prepping all these cars for this season. I still have to do mine and my sons personal cars.

Thank you to all who have supported our program, please continue to support us so we can get more cars to the kids.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Track progress today we remarked the lanes with chalk and waiting for a backhoe to move the remaining dirt. Hasn't shown up yet, so might be tomorrow. Will be packing next weekend even if we don't get the dirt moved. Also doing some weeding this week, go away for a month and track goes to s**t...

The far lane is behind my truck it will only be used for the adults, we will make a turnaround right where my rear tires are so the kids don't get to run the back side.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EvanAZ
Track progress today we remarked the lanes with chalk and waiting for a backhoe to move the remaining dirt. Hasn't shown up yet, so might be tomorrow. Will be packing next weekend even if we don't get the dirt moved. Also doing some weeding this week, go away for a month and track goes to s**t...

The far lane is behind my truck it will only be used for the adults, we will make a turnaround right where my rear tires are so the kids don't get to run the back side.

Do you plan on running a race program in future or practice only?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingnutz21
Do you plan on running a race program in future or practice only?
Yes that is the plan, but we need to get a timing system first. Problem is this yr. I had to come out of my own pocket to rent the equipment to get the dirt moved and just dropped another $500 for a plate compactor so the timing keeps getting put back.

Because we can no longer use the school districts equipment I am changing the registration as follows.

Kids - $25 (last yr. was free)
single adult - $50
family of 5 - $100

All proceeds will go towards maintaining the track and eventually the timing system. So if we can get about 30 adults to join we can pick up a used AMB.

Cars 4 Kids is still working great, we have another car we will be assigning to a 9yr. old this June and hope to have at least 6 cars a yr. for kids.

Loaner cars are up to 6ea. - B4's - 6ea. - T4's and an SC10, still have parts to build a couple more but just have to do inventory.

We are also planning our 1yr. Anniversary on the 4th of May, but may push it back to the 11th because I was gone for 3 weeks for my fathers passing and I've been down for the past week due to health reasons.

We have some great shirts for Novak, FTW, Boca Bearing and some hats from BFast we will either raffle off or just do a silent bid depending on turn out. More coming this weekend once I firm up the date, I will update the prize list.

If anyone would like to come out to help pack the track this week and weekend please contact me, you can bring your cars and try out the track it is usable now but would like to clean up some parts still before I put the pipe back down.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Hey All,
We are having a Anniversary fun day at our track, as most know we don't have a timing system so racing is usually one on one. We do have some great raffle prizes I want to offer to everyone and am thinking of just doing a blind auction on here so we can get a better turn out. Some items are;

BFast hats
BFast AE ball diff rebuilds
BFast Lubes
Novak Shirts
FTW Shirts
FTW B4 bodies

many more just wanted to give a sample, if this interest anyone please post up here and I will see if I can do it before posting. Better I would like to invite everyone to come down and play on our track. Depending on the turn out we may even do hot dogs and shaved ice.

All proceeds will go to maintaining the program.

Thanks,
Vince
Old 05-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

The pipe is in and should be finished up this afternoon. Just have to patch a few places and blow it off.

We have decided to postpone the Anniversary till possibly Memorial Weekend due to lack of volunteers and my personal health issues (possible surgery).

However we will be opening Sat. the 4th at 11am for a fun day of practice and challenge races ( one on one ) for anyone interested. Sat. is mainly a registration day for the kids program but since I will be there all day I plan to run my cars. Anyone wishing to come out it is a FREE day.

Prizes from our sponsors are mostly here and we will hold them till Memorial
Day or possibly just do a blind auction for them.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Pics of the finished and packed track, just got it all buttoned up for tomorrow.

Tomorrow we will be open for free open practice from 11am till prob. around 3pm.

The Anniversary is being postponed until I can get some volunteers to help out, I have been dealing with health issues and #2 blew his knee out and is having surgery on Mon.

Anyone needing directions please PM me.

I ran out of pipe...
Old 05-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

We just received a donation from

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Affordable-Body-Shop?_rdc=1

We plan on having a painting workshop for the kids, they will get to keep the bodies they paint either to use on our loaners or when they get their own cars.

Space is limited to 10 kids, I would like to offer this to the Tucson/PHX kids as well. Looking at $10 to help with materials and a can of paint for RC bodies. We plan on having a couple airbrushes also for kids to use so if anyone would like to make a donation, we will be needing Faskolor paints for airbrush, used bottles will be fine.

Date will be mid/late July, I should have space for 3-4 kids not in the program. Anyone interested in having your child paint a body please PM me as soon as possible.

Last edited by EvanAZ; 06-14-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: changed to July
Old 05-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have some stuff I can donate for the painting day. Mixing bottles, hoses, Film, etc,etc. I think Its great what you do for the kids and hope to be able to help out allot more in the future. Send someone to get it next time you or a friend are Mesa Bound.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I have some stuff I can donate for the painting day. Mixing bottles, hoses, Film, etc,etc. I think Its great what you do for the kids and hope to be able to help out allot more in the future. Send someone to get it next time you or a friend are Mesa Bound.
Thanks James,
I will let you know when I can meet up with you.

Vince
Old 06-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Paint Workshop

We had to postpone our paint workshop till Mid July (14th-20th) due to my health. I will be having surgery end of the month but should be operational enough to hold the workshop mid July. It will not be a 1 day event as I planned due to the number of bodies we will be painting.

Kids will spend the first 2-3 days designing/prepping/masking and the following rest of the week painting individually with our volunteers. We will have 3 airbrushes on hand.

Paint has been donated by SpazSticks and Parma, mostly basic colors. We will be purchasing a few more colors in both airbrush and rattle can.

We are looking for someone with a vinyl cutter that can cut us some mask of generic flames/skulls etc... If you can help please let us know ASAP. I posted here but nobody responded.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/arizona-...-workshop.html

Thanks
Vince
Old 06-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Re-doing the back section to add 5-7 truck loads of good caleche dirt coming this week, + the 50 or so yards we have sitting will be move by a friend with a backhoe.

Also still looking for some stencils/mask for our paint workshop next month.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EvanAZ
Re-doing the back section to add 5-7 truck loads of good caleche dirt coming this week, + the 50 or so yards we have sitting will be move by a friend with a backhoe.

Also still looking for some stencils/mask for our paint workshop next month.
Still waiting on the promised dirt, sucks being a non profit Track is still usable with the short course section. Basically you cross over and do a u-turn, the back 2 lanes are pulled to make room for the truck.

We are starting our paint workshop this week, starting with masking, most of the kids have picked a design and colors. We hope to pick up some more colors this weekend but I think the workshop will run more than a week, so we have more time. We will post pics of the work once we get started, pics of the kids will either be blurred unless we can get parent consent forms signed.

We also have a AE 1/8 Truggy body not assigned to a kid yet, was going to use to to demonstrate how to... Anyone interested in it and would like something simi custom please let me know ASAP - We will sell it painted for $25 with your design, just to get rid of it since we don't have anyone running 1/8T at our track.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What you are doing is just wonderful. If I can help in any way, let me know. I am disabled, but certainly can help in some way.....Just let me know.
I'll subscribe to this and I did like you on FB. (Al Grump)
Old 07-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Paint Workshop has started, the first few are pretty intensive and will take the longest, after seeing the orange skull most want to do skulls and flames. Check out the FB page to see the first couple pics. mostly laying them out and brush work today. Spraying will be done as soon as the monsoons give us a break.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Over-...44652455636350

Also Dirt should be delivered tomorrow and friday to build up the back section of the track. Pics will follow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.