Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Over The Top RC

FALL 2013 Layout
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

All moved with a shovel and wheelbarrel, we have access to over 100 more yards but no way to move it except with my truck.

March 2013 Layout

Hoping to finish Mid March, its ready to pack just we have about 100 yards of dirt still available to us and I'd like to use it all.

I will post chalked out pics this weekend so the layout is a bit more defined.

2012 Layout
Over The Top RC is a Club located in San Manuel AZ. The track has been built and maintained by volunteers. Track use is FREE for Community School kids and Club Members. We are open to the public on regular practice days and a minimal donation will be accepted for our Cars -4- Kids Program.

Currently we are getting some cars to use as loaners for our Cars -4- Kids program. These cars are listed here and with a donation of a part you get free practice, or a cash donation works. We are looking for the normal parts that break
(a-arms,bulkheads,hubs,carriers,hinge pins, etc..) Other items we would like are ESC's, Motors, and Batteries if you have any you are not using and would like to donate.

Also used bodies for SC trucks, cracks o.k. I have shoe goo

B4.1
SC10

School is back in for our kids in the program so we are redoing the layout again. Hope to open the 2nd week of Sept with the new layout.
Can also meet up anytime during the week, just PM me to make arrangements.
If you would like to come up and run please PM me and I can send you my number, I am usually free during the week, weekends are off and on. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Over-...44652455636350

Last edited by EvanAZ; 09-23-2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: FALL 2013 Layout Video
Old 03-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1212 (100%+)

Why you gotta be stealin my kids idea??? LOL Great job man!!!! Stay in touch. next big tucson race the guys from El Paso go to I'll head that way!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Dave.
You gave me the idea. Be nice if more tracks could adopt this idea.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sweet track..Do I see moguls?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Any organized racing? Timing system? Race director?
Track looks like allot of fun and you could get a turn out with a scheduled race. If I were you I would contact Kenny Brosch and see if one of the KBRL rounds can be run at this facility.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Any organized racing? Timing system? Race director?
Track looks like allot of fun and you could get a turn out with a scheduled race. If I were you I would contact Kenny Brosch and see if one of the KBRL rounds can be run at this facility.
Yea, we're not there yet. It took me almost a yr. to get the approval and get it to this point. The track is on school property and all money had to be raised for the pipe and fence so the next big expense is the timing system. Once that is in place we can have racing probably weekly.

Anyone know someone selling a timing system cheap
Old 03-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EvanAZ
Yea, we're not there yet. It took me almost a yr. to get the approval and get it to this point. The track is on school property and all money had to be raised for the pipe and fence so the next big expense is the timing system. Once that is in place we can have racing probably weekly.

Anyone know someone selling a timing system cheap
No such thing as a cheap system if you are thinking AMB/MyLaps. There are some infared timing systems that you might want to check out that are fairly affordable. Good luck to you guys out there. Might have to stop by sometime.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rubbins_Racin
No such thing as a cheap system if you are thinking AMB/MyLaps. There are some infared timing systems that you might want to check out that are fairly affordable. Good luck to you guys out there. Might have to stop by sometime.
I've looked into those infrared ones and they are not very good around the dirt. I've been told if you get dust on the sensor it may not pick up. Looking at an AMB but will have to raise the money first.

Track right now is something we can play on and build our kids RC program. The timing system will come, heck the fence alone was a pretty penny... We hope to be ready to start racing by summer.

Thanks for the support.
Vince
Old 03-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Vince, FYI. Kenny has his own timing system as well as loaner transponders. All you would need to do is have a watering system, a generator, a drivers stand and open pit space. Almost all racers have our own transponders, tables, chairs, lights, etc,etc. worth a shot to at least talk to him. I'm pretty sure host tracks get a nice chunk of the entry fees and Nitro KBRL should bring 60-100 racers.
Kenny is also a big supporter of anything to do with helping the children.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Vince, FYI. Kenny has his own timing system as well as loaner transponders. All you would need to do is have a watering system, a generator, a drivers stand and open pit space. Almost all racers have our own transponders, tables, chairs, lights, etc,etc. worth a shot to at least talk to him. I'm pretty sure host tracks get a nice chunk of the entry fees and Nitro KBRL should bring 60-100 racers.
Kenny is also a big supporter of anything to do with helping the children.
Hey Jame's
I will do that.

We have water to soak the track. Pit space not a problem, tons of open space around the track. We are still working on the Drivers stand and pit lane so that is coming. It all just takes time, especially since it is just volunteers. It will come, but if anyone would just like to have a fun day running their cars they are now able too.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Legend

call mylaps or ill go visit them since they are in atlanta. i'm going to need a system soon too in charlotte for my carpet track!! let me know what you want me to do! it will help if you get involved in the call as you haave school behind you.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
call mylaps or ill go visit them since they are in atlanta. i'm going to need a system soon too in charlotte for my carpet track!! let me know what you want me to do! it will help if you get involved in the call as you haave school behind you.

I plan too as soon as I can raise some money for the system. The school will not put any funds into the track/program. We (the club) will maintain, and run the kids program but other than it being on school property, they want nothing to do with it especially if it cost them money.

I am in PHX and just realized Cactus Classic is on right now but I am too wiped out from the swim meet to go...
Old 03-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Legend

No I mean call for the DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK! The track is public but for kids. I'll be in the ATL on good friday. I'll call them and see what's up since I'm going to need to as well...
Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Man....if only we had something like this when I was in school....I would have been way more motivated....
Old 04-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Grand Opening

We are having a Grand Opening Fund Raiser - Open Practice Day on May 12th - 13th.
We do not have a timing system yet so it is just a fun day at the track. Depending on the turn out we will have some Dash of Cash or Prizes and Raffles. This is a fund raiser to help raise money to secure some more cars for our kids program. Donations will all go to the program. As we get closer I will list the parts we need to complete any cars not yet completed.

This flyer is the first draft, please do not print... we will be adding to the sponsors as we get them.

We are planning to have hot dogs and burgers along with sodas and other drinks to help with fund raising.

Last edited by EvanAZ; 04-12-2012 at 02:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.