Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

The crash or the marshall? lol
You're driving good Ted.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (9.1 KB, 69 views)
File Type: txt
Round2.txt (9.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: pdf
R3_Race_01_Pro 2_A-Main.pdf (30.0 KB, 88 views)
File Type: pdf
Old 04-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i'll say this from the marshal perspective: i got hit 3 times by two different cars last night while marshaling novice. not that big a deal, you guys aren't moving that damn fast. however, there was one driver who was clearly NOT in control of his vehicle, (the one who hit me twice) and this guy PINNED THE THROTTLE WHILE COMING THROUGH THE CONE, AND MYSELF. at that point, you're not on the track anymore, and the marshal will help you...hell, you drove it right up to my toes. i don't care who you are, or how much you spent on that shit...try that again, and i will step on your car and flatten it. if you think i'm kidding, try that shit again.

also, at least one of the novice guys desperately needed some tuning help last night...poor engine was about to explode! come look for us old farts, we'll be happy to help. there is only so much we can do at the track with a screwdriver, but if it can be tuned, there is someone around who can help tune it.

speaking of screwdrivers, i still haven't found mine. oh well, it was a turnigy...not an expensive one. they tried to give me a HUDY that someone found in the dirt...that's a 30 dollar screwdriver. i said it wasn't mine, because I DIDN'T PAY FOR IT. so people, if you 'find' stuff after pit lane, make at least a token effort to figure out who it belongs to.

the good book says we are our brother's keeper, after all.

i''m trying for saturday. might have to miss round one.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
i'll say this from the marshal perspective: i got hit 3 times by two different cars last night while marshaling novice. not that big a deal, you guys aren't moving that damn fast. however, there was one driver who was clearly NOT in control of his vehicle, (the one who hit me twice) and this guy PINNED THE THROTTLE WHILE COMING THROUGH THE CONE, AND MYSELF. at that point, you're not on the track anymore, and the marshal will help you...hell, you drove it right up to my toes. i don't care who you are, or how much you spent on that shit...try that again, and i will step on your car and flatten it. if you think i'm kidding, try that shit again.

also, at least one of the novice guys desperately needed some tuning help last night...poor engine was about to explode! come look for us old farts, we'll be happy to help. there is only so much we can do at the track with a screwdriver, but if it can be tuned, there is someone around who can help tune it.

speaking of screwdrivers, i still haven't found mine. oh well, it was a turnigy...not an expensive one. they tried to give me a HUDY that someone found in the dirt...that's a 30 dollar screwdriver. i said it wasn't mine, because I DIDN'T PAY FOR IT. so people, if you 'find' stuff after pit lane, make at least a token effort to figure out who it belongs to.

the good book says we are our brother's keeper, after all.

i''m trying for saturday. might have to miss round one.
man I thought you was talking bout me for a sec there with my 454 that wont tune. Then I remembered I haven't been there in a few weeks lol. Gettin a werks b2 pretty soon. What pipe did you mention would ne a good combo?
Old 04-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That was me. I looked for you after apologizing to Jeff and a couple others (did not see you in pits). I will come apologize to you face to face out at the track (even though i really dont care for the last 3 lines of your rant) and explain what issues i was having. I would rather settle this in person than on some Forums.

Last edited by Buddmann; 04-21-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Nasty needs a refill on his chill pills, lol.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Apology accepted...but if you were "having issues" with your e buggy, i'd have to think it was radio related. It looked like you never let off the throttle, no matter what or WHO was in front of you. If that's the "issue" then for safety's sake, send your guidance system in for repair and don't put that car back on the track until it isn't having problems. If that's even you...bright yellow associated e buggy, j concepts stickers? I got hit with more buggies last night than I have in the past 2 years. I've hit a marshal before, and it feels awful...especially for the guy who gets hit. If that's you, and your radio gear is in working order, then slow down and pleazzzzze be aware that those are people out there, not just jumps and pvc pipe.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Som3R3tard
man I thought you was talking bout me for a sec there with my 454 that wont tune. Then I remembered I haven't been there in a few weeks lol. Gettin a werks b2 pretty soon. What pipe did you mention would ne a good combo?
I'd try the associated 2035 our thunder tiger 2035. They are cheap and work well. A main also has the nvision 2058 on sale now CHEAP and it's the same as the werks 2058, which is the preferred pipe for that engine.
There was a guy last night who was having a hell of a time getting an engine to run...i hate seeing that, cuz you want everyone to have fun, and that didn't look like fun. It's not like i'm an engine guru, but I can get something running enough for a qualifier or a main, ya know?
Old 04-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Kenny. Yeah I'm really enjoying driving the 8th scale much more then 10th

And about drivers and marshaling another observation, not just for newbies because I've seen many of you experienced guys do this, but when a marshal goes to flip your nitro car over, hit your brake real quick. To many guys stay on the throttle and dirt gets flung into the eyes, not cool.

I hope we have a big turn out saturday, I want to run 2 classes
Old 04-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

I'm looking over these A main scores from Novice last night. I was a little surprised to see the winner, Vinnie, had 2 laps more then me when I know this is incorrect. Then I noticed he has a 11 second lap, and a 27 second lap, a 39, when most all his other laps were 50+ seconds. This must be the same guy we saw cut across the track in the begging and kenny called him a cheater. That's really pathetic when guys cheat like that. Novice or not, nobody likes a cheater!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nasty whats a screw driver for ? ... i absolutkey agree with nastys rant it sucks getting hit by a 8 lb turd shit hurts my motto is if ya cant controll it dont drive and put other people in danger
Old 04-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

.[/QUOTE]

nasty let me know who has the Hudy screwdriver it is mine

thanx
Old 04-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jrcheese
nasty whats a screw driver for ? ... i absolutkey agree with nastys rant it sucks getting hit by a 8 lb turd shit hurts my motto is if ya cant controll it dont drive and put other people in danger
Its called radio controlled not radio outaof controll...except when i drive lol!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Kenny had it last I saw. I'm coming out tomorrow, but i'll probably miss rd 1 unless somebody comes in' to work really early so I can get out at 5. Let kenny know and save me a spot over in nitro ville
Old 04-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Apology accepted...but if you were "having issues" with your e buggy, i'd have to think it was radio related. It looked like you never let off the throttle, no matter what or WHO was in front of you. If that's the "issue" then for safety's sake, send your guidance system in for repair and don't put that car back on the track until it isn't having problems. If that's even you...bright yellow associated e buggy, j concepts stickers? I got hit with more buggies last night than I have in the past 2 years. I've hit a marshal before, and it feels awful...especially for the guy who gets hit. If that's you, and your radio gear is in working order, then slow down and pleazzzzze be aware that those are people out there, not just jumps and pvc pipe.
His sensor wire had come loose and was hanging out of the back of his car the whole race. I was wondering what it was but couldnt tell when he was underway. As soon as the race was over I saw what it was!!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

It may have been out all night then. I watched that car drive all night and it was like two people driving the car...one with a wheel and one with the trigger.

It's cool, bud, just check your shit. Everybody. If I don't charge my radio and my car hits somebody, or jumps the fence and tags someones mini van, i'd expect them to be pretty hot about it, too.

See you all tomorrow. I'll be wearing safety yellow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.